collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2019  (Read 46168 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Golf 2019
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2019, 07:07:54 PM »
Between the early male pattern baldness and the connective tissue injuries, one could form a hypothesis.

i have stated in the past that he may have developed muscle that was too strong for his tendons, his back et.al. etc
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2019, 11:52:16 PM »
100% what is happening.  Its been the source of the majority of his injuries ever since they started popping up.

Well, we're all just speculating.

But it's certainly reasonable speculation given first, his physical transformation; and second, his physical breakdown.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2019, 04:43:42 PM »
If you did not watch the Solheim Cup this morning, you missed some of the best sports theater you are ever likely to see.     What a spectacular ending.     The putts that gave the Euros their win happening about 30 seconds apart on two different greens.     Good golf, exciting finish, great theater.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2019, 07:20:47 PM »
If you did not watch the Solheim Cup this morning, you missed some of the best sports theater you are ever likely to see.     What a spectacular ending.     The putts that gave the Euros their win happening about 30 seconds apart on two different greens.     Good golf, exciting finish, great theater.   

Watched the final last night. Second best golf event of 2019.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2019, 04:56:55 PM »
Ryder Cup 2020 lottery winners are being notified.  $185 a day for matches. 
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2019, 05:19:04 PM »

Check your spam filters too, my notification that i had been selected in the random ticket selection process got caught up in my promotions spam filter in gmail.

Not sure if everyone that applied gets one of those, or if it actually means that you've beaten out some folks that entered the ticket lottery.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2019, 07:41:10 PM »
Seems like everyone got selected. All of my emails did.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »
Seems like everyone got selected. All of my emails did.

They can certainly cram a lot of people on that property
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

🏀

• All American
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2019, 08:07:30 PM »
They can certainly cram a lot of people on that property

I’ve yet to find someone not selected and I’m 20 people deep.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2019, 08:10:15 PM »
I’ve yet to find someone not selected and I’m 20 people deep.

Same boat here.  At least I don’t have to collect $ from people for any purchased tix

🏀

• All American
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2019, 08:14:40 PM »
100,000 people for Ryder Cup might be much

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2019, 08:27:19 PM »

That’s my thought. There’s only really 3 holes in play at a given time until Sunday.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2019, 08:31:59 PM »
I got mine last month in a BMW drawing. When all the fees are added in, on Saturday, it’s $219 per ticket.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2019, 08:32:53 PM »

Is that the daily expected attendance?  Hazletine was 50,000

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2019, 09:07:47 PM »
If anyone is looking to get rid of a pair please let me know. Thanks.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »
was listening to the NLU podcast today and Solly stated they are not going to limit ticket sales for the Rider Cup this year since they have so much land.
But I like to throw handfuls...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2019, 11:22:53 PM »
was listening to the NLU podcast today and Solly stated they are not going to limit ticket sales for the Rider Cup this year since they have so much land.

Geez,spoiler alert

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #167 on: October 08, 2019, 08:18:22 AM »

Oof. What do you guys think this does for deciding which days to go? $200, while certainly not cheap, certainly wasn't going to prevent me from going. But I remember Sunday at the 2015 PGA being packed almost to the point where it started to detract from the experience of being there. I don't expect to have the place to myself or anything, but it was almost impossible to do anything or go anywhere that day. If they put that many on the course again on Saturday and Sunday, Saturday would probably be the worse because they're still playing pairs, no? So maybe Friday or Sunday are the better days?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #168 on: October 08, 2019, 08:43:08 AM »
Oof. What do you guys think this does for deciding which days to go? $200, while certainly not cheap, certainly wasn't going to prevent me from going. But I remember Sunday at the 2015 PGA being packed almost to the point where it started to detract from the experience of being there. I don't expect to have the place to myself or anything, but it was almost impossible to do anything or go anywhere that day. If they put that many on the course again on Saturday and Sunday, Saturday would probably be the worse because they're still playing pairs, no? So maybe Friday or Sunday are the better days?

This is quite the dilemma, honestly. There's not that much golf to watch for 100,000 people. Also, as Solly mentioned, it's not setup for spectators.

I'm leaning Wednesday and Saturday. Saturday I can experience it, then Sunday I can actually watch it.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #169 on: October 08, 2019, 09:07:42 AM »
This is quite the dilemma, honestly. There's not that much golf to watch for 100,000 people. Also, as Solly mentioned, it's not setup for spectators.

I'm leaning Wednesday and Saturday. Saturday I can experience it, then Sunday I can actually watch it.

I am thinking this is the best strategy. I was "lucky" enough to go to Sunday at Medinah but I think I would rather watch the singles on TV to see everything.

But I like to throw handfuls...

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #170 on: October 08, 2019, 09:10:39 AM »
I agree on that as well.  Went to Medinah on Saturday in 2012 and watched the Sunday train wreck on TV.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #171 on: October 08, 2019, 09:00:46 PM »
2 years ago, went to waste management on a saturday only because that was the only day both my boys could meet us-ho boy whatta mistake and i knew it!  over 200,000 fans.  not bad getting there, but 3-4 hour wait for uber and 2-3 hour for shuttle bus to get back to your car which was parked about a mile away...we walked back.  got there reasonably early and parked our asses rith on the 17th hole front right sand trap-no nets there protecting ya.  "people" watching is quite a treat!  maybe someone can explain to me how a girl/woman/female can even think about wearing anything(shoes) with a 3-4 inch heal to a golf event

last year, paid $135 on stub hub for thursday seats and tables on 18th green/clubhouse-that is the way to go!!  4-5 different buffets set up, (i'm still wearing the desert table)indoor w.c.'s, televisions, open bar and the players walk over bridge and right past you within arms length
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2019, 06:37:13 AM »

I’ve gone from buying tix for Friday-Sunday to just the weekend to now I wonder if I even want any. 

I never had any issues at the PGA there because you could see action all day if you wanted to.  Different story with this format. 

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2019, 11:11:01 AM »
FWIW, right now I'm leaning to just buying for Friday. I still want to dress up in US gear and experience it, and I'm thinking that Friday may be a lot less crowded than Saturday, with a similar format.  I imagine Sunday will be absolutely packed, though more spread out for at least a few hours while all the single matches are in play.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2019, 11:18:11 AM »
Our plans are to go for one practice round and then Friday and Sunday. My son has been on Sunday at Medinah and Hazeltine and experienced both the highs and lows. I definitely would like to be there on Sunday afternoon and celebrate a home team victory. That said, I fully expect to see few shots live and will be doing more people watching and watching on TV.

I was at Whistling yesterday and really is one of my favorite places on earth. Love the golf course, but really, really love everything about the place. Very happy that as an avid WI golf fan, and former avid golfer, that Ryder Cup is being held in Kohler. I literally cannot wait.

feedback