[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2019  (Read 46697 times)

tower912

• All American
Golf 2019
« on: April 07, 2019, 08:52:53 PM »
Great to see the lady amateurs at Augusta.     Apparently, they were playing it at around 6300.   Quite a show.   

Now, Masters predictions?     Thoughts on the early season?    New toys in the bag?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Golf 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 09:11:00 PM »
Great to see the lady amateurs at Augusta.     Apparently, they were playing it at around 6300.   Quite a show.   

Now, Masters predictions?     Thoughts on the early season?    New toys in the bag?

Tower

I'm in a pool with about 150 others, entry fee $100. Eight tiers, pick one guy from each tier. Use best 4. Who are your top choices and dark horses? I'm not really up to date on the new faces and haven't watched much this year. Thanks in advance for any ideas - any help from other Scoopers would also be appreciated.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 01:21:41 PM »
https://www.golf.com/news/2019/04/08/masters-odds-updated-2019-tiger-woods-rory-mcilroy/

Betting favorites, DJ, Rory, Rose, Tiger.    IMO, Tiger is too high on the list, but, as I read elsewhere on that site, Vegas is just trying to draw in money on him.   How anyone can overlook Koepka is beyond me.    I don't think Molinari has the length.   I think Finau is due. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 02:00:56 PM »
https://www.golf.com/news/2019/04/08/masters-odds-updated-2019-tiger-woods-rory-mcilroy/

Betting favorites, DJ, Rory, Rose, Tiger.    IMO, Tiger is too high on the list, but, as I read elsewhere on that site, Vegas is just trying to draw in money on him.   How anyone can overlook Koepka is beyond me.    I don't think Molinari has the length.   I think Finau is due.
Actually I think Tiger bet has the least amount of value. In reality his odds to win are much lower but since everyone naturally puts money down on him they payout isn't going to be as good because Vegas needs to hedge the off-chance that he actually wins. He'd probably be about 60/1 or 80/1 with this recent performance if his name wasn't Tiger Woods

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 08:21:35 PM »
Taking Rory, Jordan and Finau out of the favorites. Maybe Rose instead of Finau. I don't think Brooks will handle Augusta this year.

I like Leish, Hatton and Pepperell In the second tier.

Kiradech and Harding in the third tier.

Hovland the last tier

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 08:43:24 PM »
Now, Masters predictions? 

Tiger finishes no closer than 5-6 strokes off the winner.

Like Rory, Spieth, Kisner, and Kuchar if I had to pick.

Rickie probably has another top 20 but won't sniff the jacket

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 08:50:05 PM »
Reed playing poorly.
Spieth has done nothing this year.
Kisner may not be long enough.
Tiger hasn't shown much this year.  But it is Augusta.
The same can be said about Phil, but he has won this year.
Rory has a mental block about this place.
Ricky is due, but I am not feeling it.

Finau, DJ, or Brooks.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 11:27:39 PM »
Reed playing poorly.
Spieth has done nothing this year.
Kisner may not be long enough.
Tiger hasn't shown much this year.  But it is Augusta.
The same can be said about Phil, but he has won this year.
Rory has a mental block about this place.
Ricky is due, but I am not feeling it.

Finau, DJ, or Brooks.

If Rory has a mental block than DJ has a brain stoppage. Not that there's much going on up there to begin with.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 02:44:47 PM »
I'm in a pool with about 150 others, entry fee $100. Eight tiers, pick one guy from each tier. Use best 4. Who are your top choices and dark horses? I'm not really up to date on the new faces and haven't watched much this year. Thanks in advance for any ideas - any help from other Scoopers would also be appreciated.

AP golf writer Doug Ferguson, one of the best in the business, just made his predictions. In order ...

Fowler
Johnson
McIlroy
Woods
Molinari
Thomas
Koepka
Spieth
Dechambeau
Reed
Rose
Mickelson
Kuchar
Fleetwood
Schauffele

I'm thinking McIlroy-Koepka-Rose in some order.

No money back guarantee on any of the above!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »
Surprised Rahm doesn't make that list. I have to imagine he'll be in the running on Sunday. Gotta have better odds than Mickelson, Tiger, or Spieth.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 06:28:37 PM »
My pool is one guy in the top 10, 3 from 11-50, and one outside the top 50. I went with:

DJ
Fleetwood
Cameron Smith
Spieth
Party Boy Charley Hoffman
Bring back FFP!!!

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 07:25:40 PM »
My pool is 1 each from 4 groups of 10, then the last group is 1 of the remaining. I went with:

Tier 1: DJ
Tier 2: Tommy Fleetwood
Tier 3: Hideki Matsuyama
Tier 4: Henrik Stenson
Tier 5: Jimmy Walker

Sportsline Model shot Matsuyama out as the 8 most wins in it's 10,000+ simulations and he could provide good value at 35-1.
But I like to throw handfuls...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 08:09:41 PM »
just bought the callaway rogue-the honeymoon period is still in effect.  almost pulled the trigger on the epic, but...

like dustin, rickie, xander, kisner,  and a couple others to fill my draft kings roster
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 08:14:50 PM »
just bought the callaway rogue-the honeymoon period is still in effect.  almost pulled the trigger on the epic, but...

Dumped my Rogue sub zero for a Cobra F9

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2019, 06:19:05 PM »

can't fault you on that one.  love cobra!  have the F7 irons custom fit, king F8 driver(wisconsin) and some king hybrids.  my bro in law, who is not a sensationalist but a decent golfer told me he demo'd all the drivers at a range-ping, titleist, taylor made, cobra, etc... hit them all good, but the same.  demo'd the rogue and swore he was hitting it 10 yards +.  i swapped out an old callaway FT9 for the rogue(arizona) that i loved the feel of but i think it was dying.  yes, 2 sets of clubs i should eventually coordinate

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 06:40:37 PM »
If Rory has a mental block than DJ has a brain stoppage. Not that there's much going on up there to begin with.

You don’t have to loop for him like my buddy did (in a Monday outing) to know that DJ is no Tesla.

My buddy literally said it’s amazing he can compete strategically on a golf course with the best in the world.

I’m of the belief that you have to be a bit dense to play golf at the highest level...but once you get there, you have to have a few brain cells for simple strategy and computational skills.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 06:45:29 PM »

I am continuing to crush my titleist TS2

Though I do have a cobra f8 hybrid. It's nice.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 06:50:13 PM »

like dustin, rickie, xander, kisner,  and a couple others to fill my draft kings roster

sneds and jimmy walker

need sneds to get respectable tomorrow and could really earn my lunch money for the week

xander started off hot then chilled

you guys see bryson hit the stick #18 dead balls center 2nd shot from ?  and he's a leave the stick in guy-got it all figured out

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 07:00:26 PM »

sneds and jimmy walker

need sneds to get respectable tomorrow and could really earn my lunch money for the week

xander started off hot then chilled

you guys see bryson hit the stick #18 dead balls center 2nd shot from ?  and he's a leave the stick in guy-got it all figured out

Bryson may smack flagsticks, but he can be a bit of a smacked~@$$.

I had to make a tiny wager on CHIII. Saw him at a corporate clinic once and couldn’t believe he hasn’t won much in his career. From Augusta, game getting into gear. Not sure he will ever get it done, but I had to take a $10 bite at 125-1.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2019, 07:07:21 PM »

I had to make a tiny wager on CHIII. Saw him at a corporate clinic once and couldn’t believe he hasn’t won much in his career. From Augusta, game getting into gear. Not sure he will ever get it done, but I had to take a $10 bite at 125-1.

in middle of his 3rd year-career earnings-$12.4 mil

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 08:12:33 PM »
can't fault you on that one.  love cobra!  have the F7 irons custom fit, king F8 driver(wisconsin) and some king hybrids.  my bro in law, who is not a sensationalist but a decent golfer told me he demo'd all the drivers at a range-ping, titleist, taylor made, cobra, etc... hit them all good, but the same.  demo'd the rogue and swore he was hitting it 10 yards +.  i swapped out an old callaway FT9 for the rogue(arizona) that i loved the feel of but i think it was dying.  yes, 2 sets of clubs i should eventually coordinate

It wasn't the distance.  Very long.   That is why I bought it.  Distance was not the reason I changed.    It was the forgiveness and the two or three random misses that were literally the most unexplainable misses I have had in 25 years.   Shots I hadn't hit with a driver since using a wood head and steel shaft.     So I went shopping.    I am not sure the Cobra is longer, but my misses are better. 

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 08:48:18 PM »

There's more than one type of intelligence.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 09:10:25 PM »

He's a doofus and is kind of a snowflake, but I actually like him.  He's got a bit of a diff personality but can be very affable and funny.  He's had some candid stuff with Barstool thats been enjoyable.

I too thought CHIII was gonna be a star.  He was really solid in the early 2000s but then never really got it going.  But there are far worse things in life than keeping your tour card for almost 20 years since you were 21 and regularly finishing in the top 50 of the money list

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 09:24:58 PM »
It wasn't the distance.  Very long.   That is why I bought it.  Distance was not the reason I changed.    It was the forgiveness and the two or three random misses that were literally the most unexplainable misses I have had in 25 years.   Shots I hadn't hit with a driver since using a wood head and steel shaft.     So I went shopping.    I am not sure the Cobra is longer, but my misses are better.

cobra's big selling point is being more forgiving.  exactly why i got the F7 irons. 

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 10:09:33 PM »
He's a doofus and is kind of a snowflake, but I actually like him.  He's got a bit of a diff personality but can be very affable and funny.  He's had some candid stuff with Barstool thats been enjoyable.

I too thought CHIII was gonna be a star.  He was really solid in the early 2000s but then never really got it going.  But there are far worse things in life than keeping your tour card for almost 20 years since you were 21 and regularly finishing in the top 50 of the money list

Yeah, I shouldn’t judge him. It’s not that he’s different...I think I just misinterpreted his vibe coming out of school. It’s really more “there’s more than one way to skin a cat” and “I’ve got to be me” than “hey look at me applying my advanced physics degree.” You’re right that he’s refreshing.

CHIII definitely has a great life....is a likable guy too. I didn’t talk to him at that clinic, but I also
saw him make an appearance at a N Ill Golf Galaxy when his career was just starting up. I did talk to him there, and he really was just a decent guy.

feedback