collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2019  (Read 46187 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Golf 2019
« Reply #275 on: December 14, 2019, 10:52:18 PM »
tiger is a players coach!  he has has come a long way!!  when ya know where he's been, to see the emotion, it's all real, from the heart, couldn't be happier for the guy! he's got to be included on our ryder cup team somehow, somewhere
don't...don't don't don't don't

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #276 on: December 14, 2019, 10:54:25 PM »
We’re so lucky to have this Tiger back, he and Jordan are the two best pro athletes in non Olympic sports ever.

What a great comeback by Team USA, awesome to watch.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #277 on: December 14, 2019, 11:13:59 PM »
We’re so lucky to have this Tiger back, he and Jordan are the two best pro athletes in non Olympic sports ever.

What a great comeback by Team USA, awesome to watch.

+1. Really exciting stuff. Tiger’s comeback on and off the course is officially complete. I’m happy for him.

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #278 on: December 14, 2019, 11:32:12 PM »
The American team is wholly unlikable

Tony Finau
Xander Schauffele
Patrick Cantlay
Rickie Fowler
Gary Woodland
Webb Simpson
Justin Thomas

What’s unlikable about any of those guys?

DJ has had his personal struggles but he’s human, and I don’t find him to be particularly unlikable either.

Patrick Reed is an obnoxious sociopath with a long history of being a self serving, cheating, lying despicable prick. Dechambeau is a slow playing, tone deaf nerd. Kuchar is a cheap ass and the king of the back door top ten.

Tiger requires more than a paragraph...but I find even him to be a lot more likable than he was before he saw his personal life and career (both self inflicted, another complication) pretty much go in the toilet at the same time.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #279 on: December 15, 2019, 07:10:57 AM »
Tony Finau
Xander Schauffele
Patrick Cantlay
Rickie Fowler
Gary Woodland
Webb Simpson
Justin Thomas

What’s unlikable about any of those guys?

DJ has had his personal struggles but he’s human, and I don’t find him to be particularly unlikable either.

Patrick Reed is an obnoxious sociopath with a long history of being a self serving, cheating, lying despicable prick. Dechambeau is a slow playing, tone deaf nerd. Kuchar is a cheap ass and the king of the back door top ten.

Tiger requires more than a paragraph...but I find even him to be a lot more likable than he was before he saw his personal life and career (both self inflicted, another complication) pretty much go in the toilet at the same time.

Justin Thomas is a 26 year old Shooter McGavin.

Rickie Fowler is a corporate robot that seems more occupied with launches and brand synergy then winning.

I used to like both these guys a lot. They’ve become part of the personality-less US golf scene.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #280 on: December 15, 2019, 08:41:49 AM »
i find this incredibly harsh, but hey, it's your opinion and i just disagree.     

but "sociopath"?  pretty harsh.  i don't feel he quite fits this diagnosis.  far from perfect, exhibits his insecurities differently than the others, but these guys lives are under a microscope.  other than these cup competitions, they are 1-man teams completely responsible for their own successes. there are going to be flaws.  the amounts of pressure they are under as opposed to other team sports is not even closely comparable.

i'd like to hear what your opinion of tiger was about 3-4 years ago.  narcissist maybe?  washed up drug abuser? serial philander'er?  knowing what we know, these guys can be very introspective.  dustin johnson's life was not held in very high regard a few years ago.  big time party'er and philander'er.  no ones girlfriend or wife were off limits to this dude.  this guy was a "pro party'er"  look at him now.  john daly?  holy crap, he should be dead.  john daly revitalized golf with his "grip it and rip it" with a bottle of jack in one hand and a cigarette in the other.  look at them today

my point-there may be some character flaws going on.  this could turn out to be patricks bottom in a way just as tigers was the ole baseball bat and ambien moments.  it is not the height from where someone stands presently, but how one got there.  life is a process.  sociopaths do not see this.  i do not think patrick's life is stamped and stagnant.  it's going to take some work for him to get rid of some stigmas just as tiger and dj and many others have

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2019, 08:44:22 AM »

but "sociopath"?  pretty harsh.  i don't feel he quite fits this diagnosis.  far from perfect, exhibits his insecurities differently than the others, but these guys lives are under a microscope.  other than these cup competitions, they are 1-man teams completely responsible for their own successes. there are going to be flaws.  the amounts of pressure they are under as opposed to other team sports is not even closely comparable.

i'd like to hear what your opinion of tiger was about 3-4 years ago.  narcissist maybe?  washed up drug abuser? serial philander'er?  knowing what we know, these guys can be very introspective.  dustin johnson's life was not held in very high regard a few years ago.  big time party'er and philander'er.  no ones girlfriend or wife were off limits to this dude.  this guy was a "pro party'er"  look at him now.  john daly?  holy crap, he should be dead.  john daly revitalized golf with his "grip it and rip it" with a bottle of jack in one hand and a cigarette in the other.  look at them today

my point-there may be some character flaws going on.  this could turn out to be patricks bottom in a way just as tigers was the ole baseball bat and ambien moments.  it is not the height from where someone stands presently, but how one got there.  life is a process.  sociopaths do not see this.  i do not think patrick's life is stamped and stagnant.  it's going to take some work for him to get rid of some stigmas just as tiger and dj and many others have

Excellent points
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #282 on: December 15, 2019, 08:54:40 AM »

DJ is still living the DJ life.  He didn’t fall down some stairs at Augusta. 

I’d recommend reading Shane Ryan’s “Slaying the Tiger” if you want to learn about the character of Patrick Reed.  Last year’s post match actions at the Ryder Cup further show the character of Patrick Reed.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

🏀

• All American
« Reply #283 on: December 15, 2019, 09:03:57 AM »
Who would’ve thought these two clowns are the ones actually defending a known liar, cheat and all around bad person?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #284 on: December 15, 2019, 09:04:38 AM »
DJ is still living the DJ life.  He didn’t fall down some stairs at Augusta. 

He just hurt his nose on the way down.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2019, 09:05:52 AM »
He just hurt his nose on the way down.

Among other things.  Some of his fellow golfers don’t appreciate his $100 trick he uses to pick up women
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2019, 09:14:28 AM »
Who would’ve thought these two clowns are the ones actually defending a known liar, cheat and all around bad person?

Not defending Reed.  I was actually agreeing with Rocket’s comments about Tiger and Daly and where they were.

Sincerely

Clown #2
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2019, 10:32:20 AM »

defending, i guess in a sort of way.   you're being incredibly harsh however-"all around bad person"?? 

you seem incredibly insecure, name calling, waiting for your buddies to hop on. 

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2019, 11:19:34 AM »
Justin Thomas is a 26 year old Shooter McGavin.

Rickie Fowler is a corporate robot that seems more occupied with launches and brand synergy then winning.

I used to like both these guys a lot. They’ve become part of the personality-less US golf scene.

Considering the fact that personality can be defined in terms of either positive or negative attributes, there is an abundance of personality in the "US golf scene."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2019, 11:51:11 AM »
Considering the fact that personality can be defined in terms of either positive or negative attributes, there is an abundance of personality in the "US golf scene."

Is there? I think Rick and JT used to be, but their social network presences have been dialed way back. They’ve both become corporate golf drones.

Remember SB2k16?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #290 on: December 15, 2019, 11:57:12 AM »
defending, i guess in a sort of way.   you're being incredibly harsh however-"all around bad person"?? 

you seem incredibly insecure, name calling, waiting for your buddies to hop on. 

It’s hardly name-calling as much as an adjective.

Who’s hopping on?

Caught cheating in junior golf, suspected cheating in college golf, stolen equipment from teammates, kicked off college golf team, alienated family, blamed Tiger, Jordan, JT and Rickie for the 2018 Ryder Cup loss, and his wife and mother-in-law are twitter trolls.

Sounds like a pretty bad guy and I didn’t bother mentioning him cheating in the pros.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2019, 12:50:30 PM »
It’s hardly name-calling as much as an adjective.

Who’s hopping on?

Caught cheating in junior golf, suspected cheating in college golf, stolen equipment from teammates, kicked off college golf team, alienated family, blamed Tiger, Jordan, JT and Rickie for the 2018 Ryder Cup loss, and his wife and mother-in-law are twitter trolls.

Sounds like a pretty bad guy and I didn’t bother mentioning him cheating in the pros.

Now do Tiger Woods, Johnson, Daly...their pasts, accusations of cheating, etc...but hey, they had gripping personalities. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #292 on: December 26, 2019, 05:45:02 PM »
Golfing in shorts on December 26 in Michigan... Priceless.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #293 on: January 03, 2020, 12:11:32 PM »
I don't think there is a more photogenic course on TV than the Plantation Course. It looks great on my 4k TV. I make sure to watch just for the course vistas. If I ever get back to Maui I'm going to have to fork over the cash to play it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #294 on: January 03, 2020, 12:21:39 PM »
...about a 2-iron, I'd say....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #295 on: February 28, 2020, 12:16:19 PM »
the honda is playing like the PGA-jack's course is beating people up.  brooks thru round 2 at +8.  a lot of good golfers way over par thru 2.  rickie got stung a little bit yesterday.  north wind is killing 'em

🏀

• All American
Golf 2020
« Reply #296 on: March 01, 2020, 07:27:13 AM »
the honda is playing like the PGA-jack's course is beating people up.  brooks thru round 2 at +8.  a lot of good golfers way over par thru 2.  rickie got stung a little bit yesterday.  north wind is killing 'em

Super fun leaderboard for Sunday. New schedule murders this event, but Donald, Westy, Tommy will be fun.

Hoping for a Sungjae surge, guy is a machine.

feedback