[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Active shooter at Molson Coors in Milwaukee  (Read 4197 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Active shooter at Molson Coors in Milwaukee
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2020, 03:48:08 PM »
I know you're not implying that this guy was a responsible gun owner even in the broadest sense of the term, but, well, there it is. 

Yes... I understand the point you are trying to make, and yes I am also deliberately mis-characterizing your words to make some manner of point, which - although I'm not exactly sure what it is - it's probably something along the lines of: The NRA's commentary being guaranteed to be even more illogical, and frankly, this is why we can't have a civil discussion on firearms because the issue has become so polarizing and so politically intertwined that the immediate reaction is not to think rationally and constructively, but rather to simply shrug it off and offer thoughts and prayers, not for the victims, but for the success of the political fundraising campaign being launched tomorrow on the back of broken sound bites, speculation and hyperbole.

Whatever my point is, the important thing is that I got it out there before I really thought my words through.  God Bless America 2020.

This is many, many more words of response than my post merited.
It was just some snark borrowed from an Aussie comedian.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2020, 03:48:30 PM »
"I keep a gun to protect my family from intruders."
"But what if one of your kids get a hold of it?"
"Won't happen. As a responsible owner, I keep my guns locked in a safe."

Another Jim Jefferies fan, I see. Legend.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:50:30 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2020, 04:12:28 PM »
Saw Jim Jefferies live at the Chicago theater. Was a 10:30 pm show... his second show of the night. He was hammered drunk. Really funny though.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »
I know you're not implying that this guy was a responsible gun owner even in the broadest sense of the term, but, well, there it is. 

Yes... I understand the point you are trying to make, and yes I am also deliberately mis-characterizing your words to make some manner of point, which - although I'm not exactly sure what it is - it's probably something along the lines of: The NRA's commentary being guaranteed to be even more illogical, and frankly, this is why we can't have a civil discussion on firearms because the issue has become so polarizing and so politically intertwined that the immediate reaction is not to think rationally and constructively, but rather to simply shrug it off and offer thoughts and prayers, not for the victims, but for the success of the political fundraising campaign being launched tomorrow on the back of broken sound bites, speculation and hyperbole.

Whatever my point is, the important thing is that I got it out there before I really thought my words through.  God Bless America 2020.
I just think we should ask you if you think people are bugging your computer and moving your furniture around before we let you buy a gun.  It's not like someone like this is going to lie about their delusions.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2020, 05:45:33 PM »
According to the Journal Sentinel, Ferrill (the shooter) believed workers at the facility “were coming into his home, bugging his computer and moving chairs around.”

Sure is good that this guy could get a gun, no problems there

no it isn't and yes there are problems there, but how would any law or more laws on the books or more questions on the form have prevented this? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2020, 05:46:25 PM »
I just think we should ask you if you think people are bugging your computer and moving your furniture around before we let you buy a gun.  It's not like someone like this is going to lie about their delusions.

all of the guys he worked with for years never saw this coming

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2020, 07:28:38 PM »
no it isn't and yes there are problems there, but how would any law or more laws on the books or more questions on the form have prevented this? 

Plenty of laws could have prevented this. Look at other countries for instance and their laws regarding the regulation of firearms.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2020, 08:52:52 PM »
Plenty of laws could have prevented this. Look at other countries for instance and their laws regarding the regulation of firearms.

straw countries, 'ey?  like murder is already against the law in most countries, yes.  umm, like the "no gun zones"  mmmmkay.  hard to legislate evil

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2020, 01:50:01 PM »
straw countries, 'ey?  like murder is already against the law in most countries, yes.  umm, like the "no gun zones"  mmmmkay.  hard to legislate evil

You are ignoring my point completely. You most certainly can reduce gun deaths with legislation. There are countless examples that prove it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback