[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[Today at 03:28:48 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2019  (Read 46172 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Golf 2019
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2019, 12:52:50 PM »
Crazy round today.  A course I had not played before.  8 putts on the front 9.  3 under.  Pissed my playing companion right off.  Hit all 9 greens on the back with 19 putts.    2 under 69.  Stoatin Brae, part of the Lake Doster resort near Kalamazoo.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2019, 07:12:33 PM »
My boys bought me a gift certificate to club champion.  Swung countless clubs, interchanging heads, shafts etc.  I went to get fitted for clubs based on how I swing not to change my swing even though that could use some work as well.  I’m sticking with my F7 king driver and 3 wood,  it went all new speedback 5 thru gap wedge, Cleveland 56, the Calloway rogue 19 degree hybrid with the paderson kinetixx green  Kevlar shaft to go with my cobra 22 and remember our conversation on never spending $$ on a putter...I broke down after hitting lasers with the odyssey stroke lab. All the shafts were pured Next early winter, going to pick up the m6 fairway wood-it’s a beast.  Then I should be good for a little while

As for club champion, no pressure to buy. They give you all the stats, but are a little pricey. All in all a good experience  though  funny, out of all those clubs, I'm most geeked about the putter...smooth as a baby’s ass
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2019, 01:11:43 PM »
Personal pet peeve today.    Playing another course new to me.    Early on the back 9, I caught up to two foursomes of retirees.    Back to back par 3's, I watched all 8 of them hit their tee shots.  20 minutes each hole standing on the tee box.   They did not offer me to play through.    Two holes later, standing on another par 3, one guy in the second foursome says 'Sorry, buddy."   As I watched the second foursome hit their shots, one of them hit a shank and muttered something about how having to wait runs his game.    At that point, I skipped two holes ahead, as I could feel my restraint and calm slipping away.   

Maddening.    I don't care if somebody plays slow.    Just recognize it and allow faster groups to play through, like it says on the scorecard. 

So, old guys who aren't very good at what they are doing, but who ignore the rules of common sense and etiquette, holding up the progress of everyone behind them, but who get upset when their failing are pointed out because it is all about them.    A metaphor or something...
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #178 on: October 15, 2019, 01:14:08 PM »
Personal pet peeve today.    Playing another course new to me.    Early on the back 9, I caught up to two foursomes of retirees.    Back to back par 3's, I watched all 8 of them hit their tee shots.  20 minutes each hole standing on the tee box.   They did not offer me to play through.    Two holes later, standing on another par 3, one guy in the second foursome says 'Sorry, buddy."   As I watched the second foursome hit their shots, one of them hit a shank and muttered something about how having to wait runs his game.    At that point, I skipped two holes ahead, as I could feel my restraint and calm slipping away.   

Maddening.    I don't care if somebody plays slow.    Just recognize it and allow faster groups to play through, like it says on the scorecard. 

So, old guys who aren't very good at what they are doing, but who ignore the rules of common sense and etiquette, holding up the progress of everyone behind them, but who get upset when their failing are pointed out because it is all about them.    A metaphor or something...

Happens far too often.  County courses in Milwaukee are notorious for this, especially if they’re “members” of that course.  Common sense and common courtesy are in short supply on golf courses sadly
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #179 on: October 15, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »
Think the investment for next year is gonna be a new set of wedges. Any recommendations?

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2019, 02:08:22 PM »
Think the investment for next year is gonna be a new set of wedges. Any recommendations?

Get fit.

I am looking at doing a wedge fitting in the next month or so either at Club Champion or Mistwood. Each place is $150 but they'll fit all your wedges for you on grid, bounce and gap distance. To me it's worth it.
But I like to throw handfuls...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2019, 02:45:49 PM »

I'm partial to Vokeys, but Chili is right, do a fitting.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2019, 02:56:53 PM »
Get fit.

I am looking at doing a wedge fitting in the next month or so either at Club Champion or Mistwood. Each place is $150 but they'll fit all your wedges for you on grid, bounce and gap distance. To me it's worth it.

I agree, but I would stay away from an indoor fitting with wedges. The only useful information that will provide is distance gaps. IMO, need to be on real turf to determine bounce and grids.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2019, 04:24:47 PM »
Get fit.

I'm a big fan of Mistwood.  Great facility and great pros. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #184 on: October 15, 2019, 04:56:23 PM »
Get fit.

And the shafts.  Never realized how much they affect your swing. One little change, a gram or so and  consider the  shaft “PUREing process”. Yes it adds to the cost by a few dollars but depends on how far ya want to go. As I age, I want to get everything I can out of my swing.  The best fit club to my swing without trying to change too much at this point. Btw, shot an 85 at coyote lakes Az. Short but narrow challenging course. Just coming out of over seeding

https://pluggedingolf.com/does-pureing-a-shaft-improve-performance-golf-myths-unplugged/

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2019, 06:43:54 PM »
And the shafts.  Never realized how much they affect your swing. One little change, a gram or so and  consider the  shaft “PUREing process”. Yes it adds to the cost by a few dollars but depends on how far ya want to go. As I age, I want to get everything I can out of my swing.  The best fit club to my swing without trying to change too much at this point. Btw, shot an 85 at coyote lakes Az. Short but narrow challenging course. Just coming out of over seeding

https://pluggedingolf.com/does-pureing-a-shaft-improve-performance-golf-myths-unplugged/

I don't by into pureing. Too many other variables at play when you're talking about someone's swing. Now, demonstrate this to me with a swing robot and maybe I'm in. That said, I did not get mine pured with my new bag from club champion

https://www.milesofgolf.com/testing-performance-drivers-with-pured-shafts/

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2019, 08:57:43 PM »
I don't by into pureing. Too many other variables at play when you're talking about someone's swing. Now, demonstrate this to me with a swing robot and maybe I'm in. That said, I did not get mine pured with my new bag from club champion

https://www.milesofgolf.com/testing-performance-drivers-with-pured-shafts/

Hey jesmu who was your guy at club champs?  I had Eric m.  Great guy!  I just thought, the pure’ing, if it saves just... :). Just got the clubs a few weeks ago.  Used 2 rounds. Got the f9’s  I have a separate set of f7’s I absolutely love down here in Az. Those were fitted by golf galaxy/ dicks

Big difference...in price and thoroughness

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2019, 10:25:35 AM »
Any of ya'll in the Ryder Cup queue? Anybody already buy tickets and done?

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2019, 10:51:24 AM »
Quick update - i just got a notice on the lobby waiting page that match day tickets are sold out. What was the point of this weeks-in-the-making ticket code thing if there weren't even close to enough match day tickets for everyone that got a code?

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2019, 11:02:38 AM »
I figured it would go like this...guess I’ll hang on and see if I can get practice day tickets.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2019, 11:31:17 AM »
Ended up with Tuesday practice round tickets. Disappointed, but will be there for matches over the weekend.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2019, 11:34:35 AM »
Ended up with Tuesday practice round tickets. Disappointed, but will be there for matches over the weekend.
Same here, everything else was sold out.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2019, 11:40:35 AM »
What a crapshow that was. I can't believe that in 2019 an organization with the resources of the freaking PGA can't manage a ticket sale. Unreal.

Chili

• All American
« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2019, 11:52:07 AM »
This was great technology for 2002. WTF was this? At least I can hit up the Michelob Ultra brand team for tickets. They should have just done the lottery like The Masters does (or they have for past US based Ryder Cups). Whomever sold them on this system should be fired.

Chili

• All American
« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2019, 11:53:10 AM »

Shaft in wedges is negligible if anything.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2019, 12:21:25 PM »
This was great technology for 2002. WTF was this? At least I can hit up the Michelob Ultra brand team for tickets. They should have just done the lottery like The Masters does (or they have for past US based Ryder Cups). Whomever sold them on this system should be fired.

If you need company, I’m available.

Got Wednesday practice only.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »
Glad I didn’t bother
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2019, 03:23:27 PM »
No surprise here. A premiere event and somehow - whoops! - all the tickets are sold out.

Concert venues have been doing this for years. Give away a ton to corporate sponsors. Whatever is left gets sold to ticket vendors on a mark-up who then "resale" to the public for an even higher mark-up.

Ticket sales have been horrible toward consumers for a while.

I know at least a dozen people (not including those here) who got codes and were in the lobby at 10AM. No one got a chance at match day or weekend tickets.

What a joke.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2019, 04:22:15 PM »
No surprise here. A premiere event and somehow - whoops! - all the tickets are sold out.

Concert venues have been doing this for years. Give away a ton to corporate sponsors. Whatever is left gets sold to ticket vendors on a mark-up who then "resale" to the public for an even higher mark-up.

I know at least a dozen people (not including those here) who got codes and were in the lobby at 10AM. No one got a chance at match day or weekend tickets.

What a joke.

It's unfortunate how often "follow the money" applies.

And it's even more regrettable that promoters play the game of pretending that the tickets really are for sale to the general public. If they're just planning to give them to sponsors and sell the rest to resellers, why even bother with the charade of the initial sale of tickets? The only thing it seems to accomplish is pissing off the fans.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2019, 05:23:14 PM »

What a joke.

Update:

Official Ryder Cup resale site has Friday Tix listed at 427.50/person and Saturday at $450/person.

What a f*cking kick in the dick. Fu*k you PGA/USGA

feedback