[Today at 07:02:21 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:32:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8340695 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/19
« Reply #21050 on: October 06, 2019, 08:57:20 PM »
Update on RJ...

https://twitter.com/Andrew__Slater/status/1181003596353159169?s=20
Even if he does want to go to NC regardless of his role,  do they have enough scholarships to take him? Or are they holding them for bigger fish?
This is a real World War I trench ware fare scenario. Ewing has spotted an opening , in that UNC may not be able to accept commitment, so he is  not giving up easy and pushing for another unofficial .  I think what Roy’s is telling RJ and parents is to hang on and see how things play out and don’t sign early.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 09:19:49 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21052 on: October 06, 2019, 10:01:52 PM »
Even if he does want to go to NC regardless of his role,  do they have enough scholarships to take him? Or are they holding them for bigger fish?

Though no one can know for sure, I still think he's a back up plan for UNC. I mean I don't know how many scholarships they have left, but let's say it's 1..are they really going to accept a commit from RJ before knowing what Cade Cunningham and others they are recruiting, decide?? That's not a knock on RJ at all, maybe he is a priority for UNC for all I know.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU91

• Walk-On
« Reply #21053 on: October 06, 2019, 10:15:58 PM »
So yesterday Slater predicts MU and today’s post????Interestingly, one of the guys who predicted Pitt early on changed his prediction to MU today!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 10:35:53 PM by briank1991 »

burger

• All American
« Reply #21054 on: October 07, 2019, 07:19:11 AM »
Yeah.....But Roy has a history of blowing "smoke" up one's "arse"......

So expect the full "fluff job".....

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #21055 on: October 07, 2019, 08:34:51 AM »
It certainly feels as though its down to Pitt or MU for Davis, although perhaps we're just sleeping on Georgetown and assuming he's not a priority to NC. 

One big advantage that MU has is the fact that Markus is gone after this season, leaving a perfectly Davis-sized hole in our roster.  Pitt, on the other hand, still has Xavier Johnson for (potentially) two more years.  While there's an assumption that he'll leave for the draft after this season, it's not like he's a lottery lock, so he's a broken bone or poor stretch away from playing through Davis' freshman year, at least. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21056 on: October 07, 2019, 11:14:43 AM »
Where did I say parity exists today?  I did not.  The problem is that this will further separate the rich from the poor.  The middle class schools will pay the price the most.

You should give Friday's Eye On College Basketball podcast with Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander a listen.  They say the exact opposite of what you claim will happen is what would happen.  They think that while a kid ranked 15th in the country will go to Kentucky right now despite Kentucky having the 2nd ranked recruit in the country at the same position already being committed there, if a school like Oklahoma can sell a kid on coming to Oklahoma and getting to be the face of some car dealership's commercial and making money from that then the kid is more likely to go to an Oklahoma where he can get $200,000.00 legally vs. getting $20,000.00 from a company in Lexington because he's just a bench guy there.

You can't get any less parity than there is right now if you tried.  The class of 2019 is the very first class in over a half decade where Duke and Kentucky didn't make up the top 2 recruiting class, and they're still numbers 2 and 3, and it's mainly because Memphis had pretty much unheard of talent for a single class in one city and they decided to stay home and play for a former NBA great.  It can't get any worse.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #21057 on: October 07, 2019, 11:17:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/status/1181241568033947649

Top-20 junior Kendall Brown will take an official visit to Marquette on October 25, a source tells @Rivals (per Corey Evans)
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #21058 on: October 07, 2019, 11:20:27 AM »

Top-20 junior Kendall Brown will take an official visit to Marquette on October 25, a source tells @Rivals (per Corey Evans)

Really getting a lot of top guys in the building

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #21059 on: October 07, 2019, 12:15:09 PM »

His older bro is a freshman at UWM this year. Think we could have an advantage pitching that he can play in the same city as his kin
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21060 on: October 07, 2019, 12:52:28 PM »
His older bro is a freshman at UWM this year. Think we could have an advantage pitching that he can play in the same city as his kin
Promise Series with UWM? I'm sure Herman would approve
Goal is National Championship

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #21061 on: October 07, 2019, 01:06:58 PM »
You should give Friday's Eye On College Basketball podcast with Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander a listen.  They say the exact opposite of what you claim will happen is what would happen.  They think that while a kid ranked 15th in the country will go to Kentucky right now despite Kentucky having the 2nd ranked recruit in the country at the same position already being committed there, if a school like Oklahoma can sell a kid on coming to Oklahoma and getting to be the face of some car dealership's commercial and making money from that then the kid is more likely to go to an Oklahoma where he can get $200,000.00 legally vs. getting $20,000.00 from a company in Lexington because he's just a bench guy there.

You can't get any less parity than there is right now if you tried.  The class of 2019 is the very first class in over a half decade where Duke and Kentucky didn't make up the top 2 recruiting class, and they're still numbers 2 and 3, and it's mainly because Memphis had pretty much unheard of talent for a single class in one city and they decided to stay home and play for a former NBA great.  It can't get any worse.

Spot on, Wade.

Goes along with what I said earlier.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #21062 on: October 07, 2019, 01:19:03 PM »
2020 PF Isaiah Todd (#12 in 247Composite) is deciding between Michigan and Kansas on October 17. Given that Garcia dropped UNC right after they picked up Walker Kessler, Todd going to Kansas could cause a similar reaction. I don't think KU is the player they usually are for Garcia but I always feel better about our chances when Kansas gets cut from a recruit's list.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21063 on: October 07, 2019, 02:18:04 PM »

So true. Major college basketball can't get much less amateur or much more "rich get richer" than it is now.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21064 on: October 07, 2019, 02:24:33 PM »

You cannot get any less parity today if you tried? The results say differently.

Norlander and Parish absurd little survey of “coaches” and their response to them is all I need to see.  Parish, in particular, contradicts himself throughout in his arguments and responses.  Example:  He thinks everyone cheats, then admits that isn’t the case.  He then makes a comment that bringing it into the open will end cheating which is the most ridiculous comment he can make and naive as hell. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:20:16 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21065 on: October 07, 2019, 02:29:33 PM »
So true. Major college basketball can't get much less amateur or much more "rich get richer" than it is now.

Oh sure it can and will.  The big schools will, the smaller schools will pay the price.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21066 on: October 07, 2019, 02:29:44 PM »
You cannot get any less parity today if you tried.  The results say differently.

Norlander and Parish absurd little survey of “coaches” and their response to them is all I need to see.  Parish, in particular, contradicts himself throughout in his arguments and responses.  He thinks everyone cheats, then admits that isn’t the case.  He makes a comment that bringing it into the open will end charts if which is the most ridiculous comment he can make and naive as hell.

Results say differently?  How so?  Pay for play would affect how programs recruit.  Right now there is absolutely, positively no parity whatsoever.  Duke and Kentucky have taken the top 2 spots quite literally every single year for over a half decade until this year's Memphis class.  Arizona, Kansas, and UNC are consistently in the top 10.  It's the same programs pulling in all of the top level talent.  There is absolutely no parity whatsoever.

Parrish has never said "bring all cheating out into the open."  He's said pay the players because if you pay the players nobody is break rules.  How is that naïve?  It's a fact.  Right now only Chicos believes players aren't being paid to play at certain schools.  Everyone else knows they're being paid.  What's the point in having rules against it if you're not going to do anything when coaches are literally caught on wire taps talking about what they paid players?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21067 on: October 07, 2019, 02:31:03 PM »
Oh sure it can and will.  The big schools will, the smaller schools will pay the price.

Please provide some facts.  The recruiting rankings, which is what would be effected here, say otherwise.  Apparently you have some other form of proof showing that's not right.  That the top end recruits are dispersed throughout the country and the 350+ D1 college basketball programs very evenly.

Lol.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #21068 on: October 07, 2019, 02:45:44 PM »
Keep the arguing out of the recruiting thread, please and thank you.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21069 on: October 07, 2019, 03:26:47 PM »
This 1,000 x this
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21070 on: October 07, 2019, 03:53:28 PM »

Is one person's opinion. And that person is the biggest NCAA apologist on Scoop.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #21071 on: October 07, 2019, 04:18:27 PM »
Ok you losers have a 46 page string why do u have to bring it here??  82, wades, chicos n others plz stay on that string so no one has to endure ur drivel, rest assured no one else is interested.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #21072 on: October 07, 2019, 05:16:50 PM »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #21073 on: October 07, 2019, 05:30:38 PM »
Garcia has a visit set to IU

https://twitter.com/jeffrabjohns/status/1181308230892433414?s=21

This seemed to be something that was alwasy going to happen. That said, would love for him to get on campus sometime after that. However, seems unlikely to get him to something like the Purdue game.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #21074 on: October 07, 2019, 05:38:10 PM »
Why even bother saying this? it doesn't change anything yet people keep saying it