[Today at 08:38:00 AM]

NCAA Ticket Strategy by Bahama
[Today at 08:36:23 AM]

NIL legal update by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 08:19:41 AM]

WKU by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 07:57:23 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Culture win(s)  (Read 1820 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Culture win(s)
« on: March 15, 2024, 08:13:21 AM »
What we witnessed last night, as well as what we've seen in the 4 games since Tyler went down, was the culture Shaka has built at MU just 3 years into his time as head coach.  I believe he defined culture as "how we act, interact and react."  A couple of tenets of that culture that were on full display last night:

-Get past hard
-Win anyway

We fought like crazy at Creighton without Oso and Tyler.  We battled UCONN on a night UCONN shot the ball 50% from 3 on 13 of 26 shooting.  We've now won on the road at Xavier, and earned a win 5 vs 8 against a veteran Nova team and 3 biased Big EAST officials.

I can see why Lens has suggested "Lifetime Contract."  MU hit the jackpot with Shaka in every single facet from who he is as a person first, coach second, and a great ambassador for MU as a whole.  That aside, I still was wondering why he sat Gold for the last 13 minutes.  But hey, we won the game anyway.  Also this was a good take from MU 82

It’s not easy to get all excited thinking you’ve won on a great play, finding out you didn’t actually win, getting over the disappointment, and then winning in OT.

Showed a lot of mental strength. Proud of the guys.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Culture win(s)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 09:16:28 AM »
I hope tonight Shaka stops hoarding his Gold

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 09:52:43 AM »
Ners, it’s ok to question specific coaching decisions; we all do occasionally. My wife and I were both wondering why Gold didn’t play more, especially given some of Joplin’s struggles.

But damn if Jop didn’t deliver in OT!

Again, that’s Shaka having faith in his guys, which in turn builds their confidence. Just another part of the culture he’s building.

Like you, I’ve been so impressed with how well our team has performed without our All-American.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 10:15:23 AM »
Shaka, in his locker room speech last night, predicted that they "would need everybody's a$$ tomorrow".

Also, It Takes What It Takes.

Ergo, It Takes A$$.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

IL Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 10:29:38 AM »
What we witnessed last night, as well as what we've seen in the 4 games since Tyler went down, was the culture Shaka has built at MU just 3 years into his time as head coach.  I believe he defined culture as "how we act, interact and react."  A couple of tenets of that culture that were on full display last night:

-Get past hard
-Win anyway

We fought like crazy at Creighton without Oso and Tyler.  We battled UCONN on a night UCONN shot the ball 50% from 3 on 13 of 26 shooting.  We've now won on the road at Xavier, and earned a win 5 vs 8 against a veteran Nova team and 3 biased Big EAST officials.

I can see why Lens has suggested "Lifetime Contract."  MU hit the jackpot with Shaka in every single facet from who he is as a person first, coach second, and a great ambassador for MU as a whole.  That aside, I still was wondering why he sat Gold for the last 13 minutes.  But hey, we won the game anyway.  Also this was a good take from MU 82
I was way past hard when Kam made that layup. Alas, it was premature.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 02:58:11 PM »

-Get past hard
-Win anyway

Great post. 

As an aside last night’s game was much less stressful to watch just now knowing the outcome;)

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 06:05:53 PM »
I was way past hard when Kam made that layup. Alas, it was premature.

Hahah this one got me, well done

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 09:53:00 PM »
Playing in the BET Finals (plus adding a Q1 road win) without your AA PG. Amazing.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 09:54:17 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2024, 09:55:57 PM »
Playing without fear and for each other.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2024, 10:22:14 PM »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2024, 10:23:53 PM »
Culture does win. Keep it going, fellas!!

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2024, 10:26:01 PM »
So fabulous how guys have stepped it up big time with their All American out. Really impressive.  Shaka’s in game coaching has been on point too. We are!!!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2024, 10:48:50 PM »
Shaka has changed everything. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2024, 08:31:59 AM »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Goose

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 08:36:42 AM »
Rico

I am a system guy and MU has a system. You see in every guy that Shaka recruits. IMO, that is how you become top tier program for the long haul.

feedback