Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8307964 times)

jsglow

• All American
Recruiting as of 3/15/24
« on: August 01, 2015, 10:12:22 AM »
I decided to start a new thread to track overall recruiting efforts in a single place as it has become challenging for me to keep track of the various candidate threads.  I know some of you guys follow this very closely so I'm simply trying to bring a little mid-summer organization to it.  So as I see it here's how things stand now.  Please feel free to correct any of my mistakes.

'21-'22 (One available scholarships)

Kameron Jones - SG   Signed LOI

Stevie Mitchell - PG   Signed LOI

Emarion Ellis - SG   Signed LOI

David Joplin - PF   Signed LOI

Keeyan Itejere - PF   Signed LOI

Jonas Aidoo - C   De-Commit 3/29/21

'33-'34 (Thirteen available scholarships)

Kent McIlvanine - C/PF Interested/Visiting

Luca Diener - PG Interested/Visiting

'38-'39 (Thirteen available scholarships)

Liam Charles Antetokounmpo - PF Interested/Visiting

If you please, I'd like to keep this to guys we're truly recruiting today.  Sure we gave an offer to guys like Cassius Winston but that ship has sailed.  I also left off Phillip Flory as I seem to remember hearing that relationship ended.  I'd also like to avoid some 'shot in the dark' Top 5 prospect that we've 'offered' but really aren't actively recruiting because he's simply going to Kentucky or Duke and Wojo Shaka :) already knows that.  I've also not assumed any additional scholarship availability due to transfer or early departure.  Any thoughts you guys have as to Wojo's Shaka's pecking order is appreciated.  Thanks for the input and/or corrections.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 09:31:45 AM by jsglow »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Recruiting as of 8/1
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 12:22:52 PM »
Marquette did offer Stevens quite awhile ago. Was actually surprised when he announced we were in his top-5, as the offer came so long ago without follow-up that I figured both parties had just moved on.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 01:13:33 PM »
Theo John....2017 big from MN has also been offered and been on campus

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 01:19:52 PM »
What happened to Remy Martin, Derek Culver, and is Phillip Flory still "in the mix"?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »
Brendan Bailey is noticeably absent from you're list.  6-7 SF from Utah...son of former Jazz PF/C Thurl Bailey...former Arizona St commit (hello Stanley Johnson)...excellent shooter and rebounder...has visited San Diego St and UConn officially...plans to visit Marquette and Gonzaga according to twitter...possibly Arizona too...Michigan now also involved.  Borderline top 50 on 24/7 composite rankings.  I think he may be a very high priority for Wojo.

Fun Fact #1--- Thurl Bailey played with Jae Crowder's dad Corey for one season with the Jazz.

Fun Fact #2---  Jae Crowder's real first name is Corey and his dad's real first name is Jonathan but both go by their middle name.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 02:55:52 PM »
Anybody want to speculate on pecking order?  I'll guess Coffey is Target #1, yes?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 06:20:51 PM »
Anybody want to speculate on pecking order?  I'll guess Coffey is Target #1, yes?

That's the impression that I've gotten. I think the addition of Stan Johnson has raised the attention being paid to some of our left coast prospects
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 10:31:11 PM »
I thought that Mustapha Heron's interest was determined to be elsewhere.  St. Johns?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 01:29:51 AM »
I don't know how much interest is still left but we have also been mentioned with

Quentin Goodin (one of Wojo's first offers, been awhile since I heard anything)
Daquan Bracey (one of Wojo's first offers, been awhile since I heard anything)
Kevin Huerter (offered and in his "final" six)
Javin Montegomery-DeLaurier (offered)

McKinley Wright (Has visited I believe)
TAMU

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 05:58:44 AM »
I don't know how much interest is still left but we have also been mentioned with

Quentin Goodin (one of Wojo's first offers, been awhile since I heard anything)
Daquan Bracey (one of Wojo's first offers, been awhile since I heard anything)
Kevin Huerter (offered and in his "final" six)
Javin Montegomery-DeLaurier (offered)

McKinley Wright (Has visited I believe)

Did a little reading on your '16s.  With the exception of Huerter, I think they should stay off the active list.  Many have two dozen offers and apparently no current MU activity.  Might you provide a link on Huerter's final six announcement?  He would make sense to add.  Obviously if any other kid showed real interest we'd also include.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 06:41:14 AM »
Did a little reading on your '16s.  With the exception of Huerter, I think they should stay off the active list.  Many have two dozen offers and apparently no current MU activity.  Might you provide a link on Huerter's final six announcement?  He would make sense to add.  Obviously if any other kid showed real interest we'd also include.

I don't think we are really after Goodin, Bracey, or Huerter any more. JMD is one of those guys that everyone is after, so I'd wait until he has us on a list of 5-10 schools before assuming there's a lot of interest there.

Wright we are definitely in on, watched him a few times this summer as well. Derek Culver is another 2017 we have offered. Goanar Mar is another name to watch for 2017. HS teammate of Sacar Anim. Staff has been on him for awhile.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 08:55:02 AM »
I appreciate this stream and hopefully it stays on subject.

Thanks for starting it, glow, and thanks to others who have contributed.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 10:02:20 AM »

http://www.umhoops.com/2015/04/28/kevin-huerter-focused-on-six-schools-hopes-to-visit-michigan/

It's a "final" list. Not a final list.
TAMU

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 10:44:11 AM »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 10:49:27 AM »
That's a crap ton of guys for one remaining '16-'17 slot at the moment.  Everyone keep their ears open for a trimming of that list.  We wish all these kids the best.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 10:56:39 AM »
http://www.umhoops.com/2015/04/28/kevin-huerter-focused-on-six-schools-hopes-to-visit-michigan/

It's a "final" list. Not a final list.

At the time there was definitely interest in Huerter, though since that article (April 28) we have added both Hauser and Rowsey to our 2016 team. Since adding Rowsey, I haven't heard Huerter's name at all. That said, Stevens also dropped off the radar for a good 6 months and suddenly we're in his final 5 and getting a visit, so we may still be after the kid, but as he's projected as a PG/wing type and we added a PG and a wing, I'm not sure he's the priority he was when we were watching him 4 months ago.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 11:05:08 AM »
At the time there was definitely interest in Huerter, though since that article (April 28) we have added both Hauser and Rowsey to our 2016 team. Since adding Rowsey, I haven't heard Huerter's name at all. That said, Stevens also dropped off the radar for a good 6 months and suddenly we're in his final 5 and getting a visit, so we may still be after the kid, but as he's projected as a PG/wing type and we added a PG and a wing, I'm not sure he's the priority he was when we were watching him 4 months ago.

Absolutely fair and seemingly how the process works.  If Amir gives Wojo a verbal in the next 45 days one must assume that most of the other guards will focus elsewhere.  Gotta be tough for these young men.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 11:21:26 AM »
Nah, they all be gettin' a freebie edukasion. Not a bad head start in life, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 12:55:04 PM »
Huerter is really good. I was impressed seeing him live. Shooter-plus
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2015, 02:57:04 PM »
First come first serve.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 07:26:03 AM »
Nah, they all be gettin' a freebie edukasion. Not a bad head start in life, ai na?

A free education from one of the few - if not the only - school where they will also learn the taste of real chili and the meaning of ai na.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 10:37:53 AM »
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  3m3 minutes ago
2016 SF Lamar Stevens (Team Final) will visit Pitt on August 28th and Marquette on September 18th, source told @CBSSports. Top-100 player.

MUchamp22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 11:18:41 AM »
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  3m3 minutes ago
2016 SF Lamar Stevens (Team Final) will visit Pitt on August 28th and Marquette on September 18th, source told @CBSSports. Top-100 player.

Isn't Hauser a SF? Why would we get two in the same class when it isn't a glaring need for our team...? I know it's just a visit, but I have to imagine Wojo sees one of these guys as more of a PF or a SG, right? I know nothing about this kid, I'm just asking the question

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 11:46:39 AM »
Isn't Hauser a SF? Why would we get two in the same class when it isn't a glaring need for our team...? I know it's just a visit, but I have to imagine Wojo sees one of these guys as more of a PF or a SG, right? I know nothing about this kid, I'm just asking the question

Stevens scouting report from ESPN
SCOUTING REPORT
ESPN Analyst
Updated 06/16/2015
Strengths:
Stevens is an undersized 4-man for the high-major level. The 6-foot-7ish burly power forward has a knack to score in a variety of ways. His bread and butter move is to attack at the elbow area and utilize a solid 1st step and excellent footwork to finish off moves in the paint area. Despite not having great lift he knows how to use his thick frame (strong physique) and overall good length to score through and over contact. While finishing in the paint area he does a nice job of getting his body into shot blockers to score at an efficient rate. He has clever foot work, solid fundamentals, and a tremendous feel to score 12-feet and in.
Weaknesses:
Stevens needs to continue to expand his game out to the 3-point line and improve his shooting touch overall. In addition, he needs to continue to improve his quickness, strength, and bounce to make him a reliable scorer at the college level.
Bottom Line:
Stevens is undersized, but he has the motor, strength, skill, and scoring mentality to be an effective college player.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 12:07:20 PM »
A free education from one of the few - if not the only - school where they will also learn the taste of real chili and the meaning of ai na.

The closing of Lenny's Tap has denied future generations of the third leg of the "Marquette Stool of Success"

Death on call