'19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Cam Marotta by TSmith34
[Today at 04:47:44 PM]

Can Anyone Help Me? Marquette Season Statistics from Old Media Guides by The Lens
[Today at 04:33:24 PM]

No Time for Rebuilding? by 4everDawson
[Today at 04:17:17 PM]

Where are with with Morsell? by 4everDawson
[Today at 04:01:30 PM]

Photographs in MU basketball history by The Lens
[Today at 03:14:36 PM]

Patrick Baldwin to UWM by oldwarrior81
[Today at 03:03:38 PM]

2021 Transfer Portal by BLM
[Today at 12:26:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Madness

Date/Time: Oct 15, 2021, 6:00pm?
TV: NA
Schedule for 2019-20
Georgetown

Poll

How many (if any) fans will be allowed to attend MU games in 2021-22?

Full-throttle opening, pack the Forum
107 (50.2%)
75% capacity
21 (9.9%)
50% capacity
65 (30.5%)
25% capacity
15 (7%)
Some miniscule amount as set forth by Health Dept Czars
5 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 213

Author Topic: Ability to attend games in-person next season  (Read 8214 times)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: Ability to attend games in-person next season
« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2021, 08:18:29 PM »
It doesn't hit home until you know someone who has died.....

Do we really all need to go there????

Trust me.....It sucks.....
I was mocking Genghis/Wolfgang

tower912

• All American
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2021, 08:23:20 PM »
Yes it does.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2021, 08:43:28 PM »
let’s do obese people too!

Is there a genetic component to being an anti-vaxxer?
I guess intelligence is hereditary.

Fluffy Blue Monster

• All American
  • Send it in...medium-sized fella!!
« Reply #278 on: April 23, 2021, 07:54:03 AM »
let’s do obese people too!

Obese people don't spread a disease.  You are so dim.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.”  -Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #279 on: April 23, 2021, 08:17:28 AM »
So by this rationale, anyone who had stage 2 cancer and died while having COVID shouldn't be counted as a COVID death, and oh nice...neither should anyone who is elderly since COVID has no link given their condition.  Interesting how when someone dies with COVID it counts as a COVID death even if they had several comorbidities, but when someone dies shortly after taking the vaccine, suddenly we need to move mountains to try to show that the vaccine was the primary cause.  Why isn't the same approach applied to both?  Also, the 2,000 number is something we'll probably disagree on trusting.  You may call Crowd unlucky.  It's possible it's all vastly underreported.  You can look up what's been reported on VAERS in terms of adverse reactions.  Last time I downloaded the data a few weeks ago it was 1,400 pages of reported issues (not all deaths to be clear).  We're not that far into people getting the vaccine and maybe it's just me but that's a lot of stuff reported, and is obviously not even including what hasn't been reported which who knows how much that is.

There was just so much scientifically inaccurate, and in many cases just plain false information in that rambling post. I really don't have time to address all of it.

But will address this initial diatribe. When someone dies in a trial, they are required, and do go through rigorous means to prove that they did NOT die from the agent in the trial. It is the opposite as you claim here.

Your comparison to how COVID deaths are reported is frankly absurd. Analysis in these trials are based on looking at the baseline incidence of effects in the population, and in the placebo group, compared to the experimental group. Based on ages their are a certain number that are likely to die, or suffer from ailments. The statistics provide the actual increased risk.

The same can and is applied to COVID deaths. Right now, there are at least 550,000 excess deaths beyond the statistical baseline that are then likely to be COVID specific...not co-morbidities, as 550,000 more people died than would normally die. That excess death calculation is quite similar to the one used for side effects/deaths during vaccine rollouts. So things are being looked at in the same way.

burger

• All American
« Reply #280 on: April 23, 2021, 02:21:42 PM »
MRNA vaccines are created by supercomputer modeling that examines the virus geography and "creates" an inverse "puzzle piece" that can attach to the virus and has the bodies antibodies attack the "now recognizable" foreign intruder.....AKA....The spike protein geography of the virus......

J&J uses dead/de-activated virus attached to I believe dead flu virus to create a immune response similar to the technology used in flu vaccines.....

Both work.....MRNA is totally new.....and in a few years could be the cure for several cancers.....(aka attack the geography of lets say a cancerous tumor cell of the prostrate or the like) A real break through if there are no long term side effects.....We will know in a decade.....

I for one.....with several co-morbidities and xx percentage of having a bad outcome believe a 1 in 100,000 chance vs 1 in 100 chance increases my survivability by 1,000 fold......Others may not get "odds" that great of a benefit but most will increase their odds by at least 100 fold......
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 02:25:12 PM by burger »

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2021, 02:58:14 PM »
MRNA vaccines are created by supercomputer modeling that examines the virus geography and "creates" an inverse "puzzle piece" that can attach to the virus and has the bodies antibodies attack the "now recognizable" foreign intruder.....AKA....The spike protein geography of the virus......

J&J uses dead/de-activated virus attached to I believe dead flu virus to create a immune response similar to the technology used in flu vaccines.....

Both work.....MRNA is totally new.....and in a few years could be the cure for several cancers.....(aka attack the geography of lets say a cancerous tumor cell of the prostrate or the like) A real break through if there are no long term side effects.....We will know in a decade.....

I for one.....with several co-morbidities and xx percentage of having a bad outcome believe a 1 in 100,000 chance vs 1 in 100 chance increases my survivability by 1,000 fold......Others may not get "odds" that great of a benefit but most will increase their odds by at least 100 fold......

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
« Reply #282 on: Today at 11:49:47 AM »
Wish we could still argue about this.