'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8339833 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/19
« Reply #21075 on: October 07, 2019, 05:54:15 PM »
This seemed to be something that was alwasy going to happen. That said, would love for him to get on campus sometime after that. However, seems unlikely to get him to something like the Purdue game.

The Purdue game is the 13th, which coincidentally enough is the first day of the signing period. I'd like to see him visit like the weekend before that. MU doesn't have a game, so they can devote all their attention to him, and then, he can sign that Wednesday of the Purdue game  ;D
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21076 on: October 07, 2019, 08:24:03 PM »

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #21077 on: October 07, 2019, 08:52:25 PM »
MIGHT possibly affect Garcia(doubtful, but you never know).

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-big-man-martice-mitchell-to-the-big-ten
Sounds like an impressive prospect for Pitino and The Gophers.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21078 on: October 07, 2019, 09:32:51 PM »
Is one person's opinion. And that person is the biggest NCAA apologist on Scoop.

We all have opinions, and yes I am one of the only people on Scoop that has worked with the men and women of the NCAA for two decades, understand their mission and the great work they have done for countless student athletes.  Others refuse to recognize any work they do at all, certainly none of the positive variety as that would mess with their world view.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #21079 on: October 07, 2019, 09:38:03 PM »
We all have opinions, and yes I am one of the only people on Scoop that has worked with the men and women of the NCAA for two decades, understand their mission and the great work they have done for countless student athletes.  Others refuse to recognize any work they do at all, certainly none of the positive variety as that would mess with their world view.

Hey jackass!!! What does that have to do with recruiting?? Take it to another string, 99% of us could not care less about ur ongoing non recruiting arguments
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #21080 on: October 07, 2019, 09:43:47 PM »

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
Now please stop ruining the recruiting thread.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:50:31 PM by Pakuni »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21081 on: October 07, 2019, 09:58:37 PM »
This is obviously a VERY big take it for what it's worth, no way of knowing the accuracy...nothing earth shattering here, but just passing this along...from a poster on the Hoyas board...

Speaking of RJ Davis, TTFWIW, I've been told on social media by someone who credibly covers NY high school ball that his dad favors Marquette because he believes it is the quickest way to a starting spot and he see similarities between Davis & Howard. Davis's mom likes Georgetown (as usual) and RJ is torn between all three with Pitt having a slight advantage. Davis also wants to see UNC before he makes a decision

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #21082 on: October 07, 2019, 10:04:41 PM »
This is obviously a VERY big take it for what it's worth, no way of knowing the accuracy...nothing earth shattering here, but just passing this along...from a poster on the Hoyas board...

Speaking of RJ Davis, TTFWIW, I've been told on social media by someone who credibly covers NY high school ball that his dad favors Marquette because he believes it is the quickest way to a starting spot and he see similarities between Davis & Howard. Davis's mom likes Georgetown (as usual) and RJ is torn between all three with Pitt having a slight advantage. Davis also wants to see UNC before he makes a decision

Is it the same Hoya poster who said Hoggard was no longer in love with MSU and loved his visit to MU?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21083 on: October 07, 2019, 10:21:31 PM »
Is it the same Hoya poster who said Hoggard was no longer in love with MSU and loved his visit to MU?

No, it's a different one

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21084 on: October 08, 2019, 12:10:04 AM »
Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
Now please stop ruining the recruiting thread.

Exactly.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #21085 on: October 08, 2019, 07:38:42 AM »

Dad wants him to play , Mom wants him to be close. Pitts sales pitch is that they can offer PT plus Pittsburgh is closer to home than Milwaukee .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21086 on: October 08, 2019, 07:47:24 AM »
Dad wants him to play , Mom wants him to be close. Pitts sales pitch is that they can offer PT plus Pittsburgh is closer to home than Milwaukee .

Does this line up with what his parents told you as well?

No, it's a different one

Was it GusGanakas?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #21087 on: October 08, 2019, 08:10:17 AM »
NM
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 08:35:01 AM by shoothoops »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21088 on: October 08, 2019, 08:19:01 AM »
North Carolina has been reaching out to Nimari Burnett, who previously cut his list to Alabama, Oregon, Texas Tech, Michigan last month.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1181550868325437440

Is there a connection to Nate Oates and/or Alabama?  The all knowing Crystal Ball is 100% for Burnett to Alabama (and so it is done), but he's from Illinois and playing high school basketball in California.  Seems kind of random, especially given Oates is going into his first season at Alabama.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21089 on: October 08, 2019, 08:22:37 AM »
North Carolina has been reaching out to Nimari Burnett, who previously cut his list to Alabama, Oregon, Texas Tech, Michigan last month.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jakeweingarten/status/1181550868325437440

That tweet is about Kennedy Chandler. His next tweet down did say Burnett met with Texas Tech. But does indicate UNC is in for another guard.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

milwaukee ex-pat

• Starter
« Reply #21090 on: October 08, 2019, 08:32:56 AM »
From Corey Evans:
"Things are coming to a close with Davis and I would expect a decision shortly after his trip to UNC with momentum in favor for Marquette."
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-kentucky-s-class-jaden-springer-duke-iu

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #21091 on: October 08, 2019, 08:34:10 AM »
That tweet is about Kennedy Chandler. His next tweet down did say Burnett met with Texas Tech. But does indicate UNC is in for another guard.

That is correct. I had both on my brain. I will edit.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #21092 on: October 08, 2019, 09:10:54 AM »

Love to see this kid go for MU.  UNC is a tough one to compete against as they seem to be in for another guard.  Their campus is one the best in college.  We'll look like a sewer in comparison (not that we're that bad, UNC is simply that gorgeous!).  Al always sold the Mom.  He felt mothers had more sway than anyone.  If Mom is content with six nearby conference games, the BE Tourney at MSG, that helps!  Also, there is a lot of playing time ahead with MH and SA leaving.  Getting RJ makes me a lot less worrisome!  I don't get the Pitt angle as much (games are not any closer), but UNC and Gtown (Ewing seems quite persuasive) are my worries.

Beat Wisconsin!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21093 on: October 08, 2019, 09:13:54 AM »
From Corey Evans:
"Things are coming to a close with Davis and I would expect a decision shortly after his trip to UNC with momentum in favor for Marquette."
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-kentucky-s-class-jaden-springer-duke-iu

I'd sure feel a lot more comfortable if he would cancel that UNC visit, but I think I said the same when the last couple of guys had visits after ours, and Wojo ended up landing them both. Here's hoping history repeats!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #21094 on: October 08, 2019, 09:21:18 AM »
For those not on twitter, here is Corey Evans' full response:

RJ Davis is down to a final four that features Georgetown, Marquette, North Carolina and Pitt. He has visited everyone but UNC and will head there this weekend, which will complete his official visit tour. I would expect for a commitment to be made shortly thereafter which would lead to a signing in November.

Where he will commit to remains up for debate and while I felt fairly good for Pitt’s chances just days ago, recent whispers have circulated around Davis landing at Marquette. His recruitment has been fluid and I would not count out any of his finalists. Maybe he is swayed towards the Tar Heels during his visit to Chapel Hill, or maybe he resists both Marquette and Pitt, and commits on Georgetown. Things are coming to a close with Davis and I would expect a decision shortly after his trip to UNC with momentum in favor for Marquette.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #21095 on: October 08, 2019, 09:45:23 AM »
For those not on twitter, here is Corey Evans' full response:

RJ Davis is down to a final four that features Georgetown, Marquette, North Carolina and Pitt. He has visited everyone but UNC and will head there this weekend, which will complete his official visit tour. I would expect for a commitment to be made shortly thereafter which would lead to a signing in November.

Where he will commit to remains up for debate and while I felt fairly good for Pitt’s chances just days ago, recent whispers have circulated around Davis landing at Marquette. His recruitment has been fluid and I would not count out any of his finalists. Maybe he is swayed towards the Tar Heels during his visit to Chapel Hill, or maybe he resists both Marquette and Pitt, and commits on Georgetown. Things are coming to a close with Davis and I would expect a decision shortly after his trip to UNC with momentum in favor for Marquette.

Well that is less confidence-inducing than I would like.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21096 on: October 08, 2019, 09:49:49 AM »

I read it as Evans basically saying he has no idea. It's Marquette, unless he likes UNC, unless he was really sold on Pitt from the start, unless he spurns them all for Georgetown. It's the CBB equivalent of saying "you could roll a 4-sided die and it could end up resulting in any of 4 options!"
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #21097 on: October 08, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »

It's a classic hedge. Davis is going to Marquette but that seems weird to recruitniks when you look at his list so you do your best to lay out the correct prediction with enough room to credibly point out that you knew his recruitment was "fluid" and he could join any of the three programs.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #21098 on: October 08, 2019, 10:22:49 AM »
Some recruits cancel all other visits when they believe they have a decision. Others follow through on all visits to make sure.

Marquette is in good position with Davis.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #21099 on: October 08, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »
Why even bother saying this? it doesn't change anything yet people keep saying it

Ah yes. Sorry, bud. *I'M* the one being annoying here; how silly of me.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

feedback