Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8466461 times)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 9/15/19
« Reply #21000 on: October 05, 2019, 04:51:13 PM »
Hearing that Roy is pursuing Bryce Thompson very hard. Not leaving it up to assistants, If he succeeds that is very helpful to our cause. Go Heels  8-)
Roy was at his practice the other day

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #21001 on: October 05, 2019, 04:52:16 PM »
Good news coming. Not ready to prep yet, but soon.  Some times it is better to be the Hunter.

I think RJ and Dawson say yes.  Hoggard to MSU.

Look for a spring signing or a traditional transfer.  Transfer would be preferred  just to balance roster, but if someone like Mane wants in you have to say yes.

Was told ignored Osa's HS production. His HS needed him to play inside which is not his strength and has impacted tradition stats.  Was told how they see Osa as a high impact defensive stopper like JFB, once he gets stronger, Osa liked to hear this.Of course I thought JFB was a bust when I first saw him, so what do I know.

OnePost thanks for your message.

The man the myth the legend has returned!
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21002 on: October 05, 2019, 04:55:03 PM »
I’m guessing you couldn’t be more wrong.  Play within the rules, all sides.

I wasn't talking to you, hoopaloop. But sure, this is duly noted from you.

Johnny, guru and others who might be wondering why we can't recruit like Duke when Memphis can might disagree with you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #21003 on: October 05, 2019, 05:01:46 PM »
Good news coming. Not ready to prep yet, but soon.  Some times it is better to be the Hunter.

Look for a spring signing or a traditional transfer.  Transfer would be preferred  just to balance roster, but if someone like Mane wants in you have to say yes.

Was told ignored Osa's HS production. His HS needed him to play inside which is not his strength and has impacted tradition stats.  Was told how they see Osa as a high impact defensive stopper like JFB, once he gets stronger, Osa liked to hear this.Of course I thought JFB was a bust when I first saw him, so what do I know.

Great to hear from you BD. Glad to have you back.  So we should set up the blind in the tree before the RJ  bunker date?

Really glad you have a good feeling about Garcia as well.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #21004 on: October 05, 2019, 05:09:19 PM »
Hoggard announces tomorrow.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #21005 on: October 05, 2019, 05:23:13 PM »
Andrew Slater just went on record for Davis to MU

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #21006 on: October 05, 2019, 05:47:54 PM »
Yes.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #21007 on: October 05, 2019, 05:49:55 PM »
Hearing that Roy is pursuing Bryce Thompson very hard. Not leaving it up to assistants, If he succeeds that is very helpful to our cause. Go Heels  8-)

Caleb Love reached out to Thompson last night in a recruiting effort.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21008 on: October 05, 2019, 06:03:09 PM »

Johnny, guru and others who might be wondering why we can't recruit like Duke when Memphis can might disagree with you.

Erin Andrews biographer

I agree with you that some schools recruit way differently than we do.  That will get even worse with the new laws if they go into effect, and yes there will be people like Johnny and others that either don’t get it or don’t care.  I am really worried about Jayce because Johnny saw him a bunch on TV and said he isn’t good.... :o

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #21009 on: October 05, 2019, 06:05:03 PM »

Thanks! Great to hear from you again.
Goal is National Championship

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #21010 on: October 05, 2019, 06:05:55 PM »

This is How a Recruiting Thread should look.  Thanks.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #21011 on: October 05, 2019, 06:46:00 PM »

Roy was at his practice the other day

Caleb Love reached out to Thompson last night in a recruiting effort.

This trend is very helpful for our cause.  We are in the red zone and can get the ball over the goal line here.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21012 on: October 05, 2019, 07:00:08 PM »

Good sign, he's tied into recruiting in North Carolina.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #21013 on: October 05, 2019, 07:00:46 PM »

Interested in your opinion, Mike. Whatever problems it will cause, if any, I think if the new pay to play rules go into effect, it will be a plus for Marquette. I think it will help schools in bigger urban areas. Most BE schools should feel the positive effect.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #21014 on: October 05, 2019, 07:46:55 PM »
Erin Andrews biographer

I agree with you that some schools recruit way differently than we do.  That will get even worse with the new laws if they go into effect, and yes there will be people like Johnny and others that either don’t get it or don’t care.  I am really worried about Jayce because Johnny saw him a bunch on TV and said he isn’t good.... :o
Wth are you talking about? I may have misstructured my message. I do get it. I didn't really know how to explain it. I saw a poster post something along the lines of" there is blue bloods involved so we have no chance" and I was just trying to spread some optimism. just disregard my op. Also don't throw me in the same category as guru. That's just a low blow..

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #21015 on: October 05, 2019, 08:05:56 PM »
Welcome back, BD!

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #21016 on: October 05, 2019, 08:46:40 PM »

Interesting. Looking at his past CB behavior, he typically picks the day before or the day of announcement. Maybe hearing something?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21017 on: October 05, 2019, 08:55:12 PM »

You were missed.   Your return is appreciated.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #21018 on: October 05, 2019, 09:31:22 PM »
Interested in your opinion, Mike. Whatever problems it will cause, if any, I think if the new pay to play rules go into effect, it will be a plus for Marquette. I think it will help schools in bigger urban areas. Most BE schools should feel the positive effect.

From your lips to Gods ears.  Man I hope you are right. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #21019 on: October 05, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »
Interesting. Looking at his past CB behavior, he typically picks the day before or the day of announcement. Maybe hearing something?

MU is in a good position. UNC may not be able to even accept RJ committment, given their other priorities.  So it comes down to MU, Georgetown that already has two very talented young guards and Pitt whose program is not at the same level as ours. RJ steps in and becomes Markus 2.0 for a team with an experienced and balanced roster.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

brewnewsman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21020 on: October 05, 2019, 10:07:33 PM »

Great to have you back BD. You’ve been missed.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #21021 on: October 05, 2019, 10:27:18 PM »
Not surprising but still good to see confirmation

SherrellMcMillan avatar
SherrellMcMillan
STAFF
Posted on Oct 3rd, 1:44 PM, V I P, User Since 112 months ago, User Post Count: 11,731
Oct 3rd, 1:44 PM
VIP
112 months
North Carolina and 2020 forward Dawson Garcia have agreed to part ways, Garcia's father, Dave Garcia, confirmed to Inside Carolina on Thursday.

It's not a surprise considering UNC has commitments from top 20-forwards Day'Ron Sharpe and Walker Kessler.

"Based on our timing and some recent commitments to UNC, it (UNC's recruitment) probably didn't make sense for either party," Dave Garcia said. "As you know, recruiting gets very interesting down the stretch for everyone involved. As a school, we certainly understand that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Or as I often say, one of something is better than two of nothing. Unfortunately, the timing didn't work out on this one. That being said, we wish Coach Williams, Coach Hubert, and the rest of the staff/team nothing but the best! They are a first class organization and would not have hurt our feelings if Dawson would have played for them had the timing worked out for both parties."

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #21022 on: October 05, 2019, 10:36:41 PM »
Not surprising but still good to see confirmation

SherrellMcMillan avatar
SherrellMcMillan
STAFF
Posted on Oct 3rd, 1:44 PM, V I P, User Since 112 months ago, User Post Count: 11,731
Oct 3rd, 1:44 PM
VIP
112 months
North Carolina and 2020 forward Dawson Garcia have agreed to part ways, Garcia's father, Dave Garcia, confirmed to Inside Carolina on Thursday.

It's not a surprise considering UNC has commitments from top 20-forwards Day'Ron Sharpe and Walker Kessler.

"Based on our timing and some recent commitments to UNC, it (UNC's recruitment) probably didn't make sense for either party," Dave Garcia said. "As you know, recruiting gets very interesting down the stretch for everyone involved. As a school, we certainly understand that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Or as I often say, one of something is better than two of nothing. Unfortunately, the timing didn't work out on this one. That being said, we wish Coach Williams, Coach Hubert, and the rest of the staff/team nothing but the best! They are a first class organization and would not have hurt our feelings if Dawson would have played for them had the timing worked out for both parties."

Great development as well. Good find, Mark.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #21023 on: October 05, 2019, 11:19:30 PM »

Looks like a Tyrese reference.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21024 on: October 05, 2019, 11:48:20 PM »

Yup, but it will also help larger schools even more, where most of their alumni live in those urban areas.  Glad you finally coming around....sort of.  Of course other schools are totally screwed along with their student athletes...but f’em....eh.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire