[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Women's Basketball Thread  (Read 132036 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: MU Women's Basketball Thread
« Reply #700 on: November 23, 2021, 07:24:42 AM »
Tiffany Sardin and Chicago St. get the 71-63 win in OT at Wisconsin.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #701 on: November 25, 2021, 06:57:33 AM »
Tiffany Sardin and Chicago St. get the 71-63 win in OT at Wisconsin.

It was Chicago State's first win in almost 2 years also:

https://www.gocsucougars.com/news/2021/11/22/marking-first-win-in-two-years-womens-basketball-edges-wisconsin-in-overtime.aspx

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #702 on: November 26, 2021, 05:07:20 PM »
Megan Duffy comes in at #8 on this list from the Athletic of 40 rising stars under 40.  If you have a subscription, here's the link to the article:

https://theathletic.com/2966609/2021/11/23/40-under-40-rising-stars-in-womens-basketball-from-wnba-to-espn-to-cbb-to-hs-hoops/

Carolyn Kieger is the same age as Duffy but isn't on the list - the Wisconsin coach Marisa Moseley is on the list.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #703 on: November 26, 2021, 05:14:50 PM »
Megan Duffy comes in at #8 on this list from the Athletic of 40 rising stars under 40.  If you have a subscription, here's the link to the article:

https://theathletic.com/2966609/2021/11/23/40-under-40-rising-stars-in-womens-basketball-from-wnba-to-espn-to-cbb-to-hs-hoops/

Carolyn Kieger is the same age as Duffy but isn't on the list - the Wisconsin coach Marisa Moseley is on the list.

I’m sure Koehler is making a lot more money than she was as Marquette, but man, grass isn’t always greener. Especially when you leave your alma matter.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #704 on: December 03, 2021, 10:01:52 PM »
Easy win tonight to open Big East play 1-0.  The two teams they play this weekend - Xavier and Butler are two of the worst teams in the league but it was still nice to see Marquette get back on track a bit after losing 2 of their last 3 games.  And the turnovers were a bit less tonight with 14 which was nice to see.  A little odd schedule with the 2 BE games this weekend and then some more non-conference games before going back to conference games.  But that's being done due to the 20 game conference schedule they have now of course.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #705 on: December 05, 2021, 11:57:24 PM »
I feel bad for Paige Bueckers.

Looked like a season-ending knee injury, but I hope it's not.

She's one heck of a basketball player.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #706 on: December 06, 2021, 07:57:37 AM »
Still gets paid doe, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #707 on: December 06, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »

I was at a chalk talk before the MU game so I didn't see it and have no desire to watch a replay.  But I had put the game on before I left the house and my husband texted to tell me she'd been hurt and it didn't look good.  I see she was going to have an MRI but nothing has been announced yet that I can see.  I'm hoping it's not an ACL injury for her.

In other news, Marquette struggled to beat a bad Butler team yesterday.  They next go cross town to play at UWM Wednesday night.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #708 on: December 06, 2021, 09:14:57 PM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #709 on: December 07, 2021, 06:34:18 AM »

Bigger question was why was she even in the game at that point?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #710 on: December 07, 2021, 07:07:15 AM »
Bigger question was why was she even in the game at that point?

Legit question. Auriemma explained it ... and struggled with his own answer.

But it was a non-contact injury, could have happened on the practice court or at the gym, so I don't want to be too hard on him.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #711 on: December 07, 2021, 02:15:26 PM »
Bueckers out 6-8 weeks with a knee fracture.

Geno basically blasted his team with the comment of he doesn't like his team when Bueckers is not on the court.  Ouch!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #712 on: December 07, 2021, 05:15:38 PM »
Bueckers out 6-8 weeks with a knee fracture.

That stinks, but if she actually returns in 6-8 weeks it's a lot better than it could have been. She'll be rested and ready for a tournament run.

She's one of my favorite players to watch in the last several years. Just a talented, instinctive, energetic, gutsy, athletic, intelligent player.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #713 on: December 07, 2021, 06:41:02 PM »
That stinks, but if she actually returns in 6-8 weeks it's a lot better than it could have been. She'll be rested and ready for a tournament run.

She's one of my favorite players to watch in the last several years. Just a talented, instinctive, energetic, gutsy, athletic, intelligent player.

Yeah the prognosis was much better than I expected - I was afraid it would be an ACL injury which would have certainly ended her season.  She should be back in time for the game against Marquette in Milwaukee that's on national TV.  She'll be out when Marquette travels to UCONN but I don't see that making much of a difference - UCONN will probably still win that game easily. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #714 on: December 15, 2021, 03:05:51 PM »
Candace Parker announced in an Instagram post yesterday that she has been secretly married for 2 years to former Russian basketball player Anna Petrakova, and that Petrakova is pregnant.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXeTYyuvt1I/?utm_medium=copy_link&source=email&campaign=3379539&email_login=mikenadel%40sbcglobal.net

Parker and her ex-husband, former Duke player Shelden Williams, have a 12-year-old daughter, Lailaa. Parker and Williams divorced 5 years ago.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #715 on: December 15, 2021, 05:08:00 PM »
Candace Parker announced in an Instagram post yesterday that she has been secretly married for 2 years to former Russian basketball player Anna Petrakova, and that Petrakova is pregnant.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXeTYyuvt1I/?utm_medium=copy_link&source=email&campaign=3379539&email_login=mikenadel%40sbcglobal.net

Parker and her ex-husband, former Duke player Shelden Williams, have a 12-year-old daughter, Lailaa. Parker and Williams divorced 5 years ago.

Won't stop her from grifting all the same.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #716 on: December 15, 2021, 07:02:32 PM »
Won't stop her from grifting all the same.

What is she grifting?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #717 on: December 15, 2021, 07:49:53 PM »

What does this have to do with MU basketball?
Have some patience, FFS.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #718 on: December 15, 2021, 08:32:54 PM »
Would anyone actually like to discuss the 21-22 MU Women's Basketball team in this thread?  One more non-conference game to go but the next game is a BE game.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #719 on: December 15, 2021, 09:07:49 PM »
Would anyone actually like to discuss the 21-22 MU Women's Basketball team in this thread?  One more non-conference game to go but the next game is a BE game.

Yes.  It's much more interesting than gossip about pro basketball players.

Have some patience, FFS.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #720 on: December 15, 2021, 10:15:16 PM »
Marquette is 8-2 overall and 2-0 in the Big East but they haven't played the strongest non-conference schedule and their 2 conference wins are over 2 of the worst teams in the BE - Xavier and Butler (and they struggled to beat Butler at home who is winless and really bad this season).

They have gone from being a team projected to be in the NCAA Tournament by Charlie Creme to one of the first four out for now - https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/ncaa-women-bracketology-2022-women-college-basketball-projections

Things can change yet but they don't really have a good non-conference win for their resume.  They have one non-conference game left vs. Cincinnati on Wednesday.  They play another BE game before that at Seton Hall on Sunday at 11A central - will be shown on FS1.

Turnovers have been pretty high a lot of the games this season and they are averaging 17.1 turnovers per game right now.

Nirel Lougbo and Claire Kaifes have both been in sweats all season. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #721 on: December 15, 2021, 11:08:09 PM »
Yes.  It's much more interesting than gossip about pro basketball players.

Is it gossip if the person who's doing the gossiping is talking about herself?

What does this have to do with MU basketball?

A better criticism. I thought it was interesting, and there's no other thread dedicated to women's hoops. A thousand apologies.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #722 on: December 16, 2021, 06:28:21 AM »
What is she grifting?

HAHAHAHA my brain is broken.  Mea Culpa.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #723 on: December 17, 2021, 08:37:19 PM »
Marquette has moved down from one of the first four out to one of the next four out in Charlie Creme's latest bracketology - http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

DePaul is listed as the BE automatic qualifier for now as they've played more BE games than UCONN now and have more BE wins than UCONN for now.  Even with the Bueckers injury and recent surgery pushing her return back a bit, I think UCONN still goes undefeated in the BE and gets the automatic qualifer.  This bracketology has 2 teams dancing from the BE - DePaul and UCONN.

Seton Hall was picked to finish 3rd in the BE to MU's 4th place predicted finish - picking up this win on the road Sunday would be nice.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #724 on: December 19, 2021, 11:01:48 AM »
Marquette v. Seton Hall on FS1! A pleasant Sunday morning surprise.