[Today at 08:14:42 PM]

2021-22 Big East Conference Results by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:03:12 PM]

NM by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 07:52:25 PM]

Pray for IWB by GooooMarquette
[Today at 07:50:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Women's Basketball Thread  (Read 52585 times)

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
Re: MU Women's Basketball Thread
« Reply #750 on: January 13, 2022, 01:31:01 PM »
Seemed like we were about to be after the past 5yrs till this year took a big step back. Hope Duffy can build it back again before losing too much momentum.

They need outside shooting.  McLaughlin is their only consistent outside threat and teams know that of course. Well turnovers drive me crazy too but lack of outside shooting is a big thing for them in my opinion.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #751 on: January 14, 2022, 10:26:29 PM »
Marquette moved back on the radar a bit in Charlie Creme's bracketology with their win over DePaul - they still aren't projected to go dancing but they are now one of the next four out - https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/30423107/ncaa-women-bracketology-2022-women-college-basketball-projections

They won easily tonight over Georgetown 68-32.  Karissa McLaughlin was beating Georgetown by herself at halftime - 18-13.  McLaughlin ended up with 21 points on seven 3's and went over 1500 career points tonight.  MU had only 11 turnovers tonight and had 26 assists.  Everyone in uniform got in the game except Nirel Lougbo.  Lougbo has been riding the exercise bike during the last two home games but hasn't played since she got her first game action since March 2020 in the Cincy game on 12/22.  Claire Kaifes is still in sweats and since she's coming off an ACL injury she may just be out this whole season.

A tougher opponent comes to town Sunday when they host Villanova (game is on CBS Sports Network).  Villanova didn't have their super scorer Maddie Siegrist for some games early on in the season.  Siegrist had 31 points tonight in Villanova's loss at DePaul.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #752 on: January 16, 2022, 08:18:02 AM »
Marquette hosts Villanova at 1P central today on CBS Sports Network.

Interesting transfer portal news - Gabby Elliott (Greg's sister), 5'10" from Detroit has entered her name in the transfer portal.  She was at Clemson and was on the ACC All-Freshman team last season.  She was 2020 Miss Basketball and was ranked in the top 50 of the 2020 recruiting class.

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1482573179415678976

TAMU Eagle

• All American
  • Shaka don't make mistakes. Just happy lil commits
« Reply #753 on: January 16, 2022, 09:15:26 AM »
Greg failed us the first time round, time for hom to redeem himself!
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

~Prayer of the Scooper

lostpassword

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #754 on: January 16, 2022, 09:50:16 PM »
A tougher opponent comes to town Sunday when they host Villanova (game is on CBS Sports Network).  Villanova didn't have their super scorer Maddie Siegrist for some games early on in the season.  Siegrist had 31 points tonight in Villanova's loss at DePaul.

I was at the game today.  My first WBB game in probably a decade.  Had a fantastic time with my sister and niece.  Niece's first MU game (men or women) and she's already asking about the next one.   Siegrist's play at the end was the difference.  I was sitting behind the bench and Coach Duffy lost her mind after we fell behind by 10.  Surprised she didn't get a T but it got the team and crowd back into the game and fired the comeback (which unfortunately fell short).  I'll definitely be back.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #755 on: January 17, 2022, 08:22:10 AM »
I was at the game today.  My first WBB game in probably a decade.  Had a fantastic time with my sister and niece.  Niece's first MU game (men or women) and she's already asking about the next one.   Siegrist's play at the end was the difference.  I was sitting behind the bench and Coach Duffy lost her mind after we fell behind by 10.  Surprised she didn't get a T but it got the team and crowd back into the game and fired the comeback (which unfortunately fell short).  I'll definitely be back.

Glad you all had a good time.

I'm not sure I've ever seen Duffy that fired up during a game and yeah I sure thought she was going to get a T.

A telling stat for me in this game is Villanova had 5 different players make 3 point shots in this game and not only was Karissa McLaughlin the only MU player to make a 3 - she was the only MU player to attempt a 3 until King put up an attempt at a 3 at the end to try to tie it.  McLaughlin is the only legit outside threat MU has and other teams know it of course. 

feedback