[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Daily Dose of Doom Thread  (Read 166600 times)

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
Re: Daily Dose of Doom Thread
« Reply #1075 on: March 13, 2024, 02:39:52 PM »
An interesting explainer on the implications of climate change and its effect on the Atlantic

https://www.vox.com/climate/24099459/amoc-atlantic-meridional-overturning-circulation-freeze-europe

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1076 on: March 13, 2024, 09:23:08 PM »
Hoaxes aren’t interesting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1078 on: March 22, 2024, 06:10:10 AM »
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2024/03/20/tennessee-senate-passes-bill-banning-chemtrails-what-to-know/73027586007/

geez, can't even use carbon spewing jets to get rid of global blah-blah...now that's doomy.  why don't they enlist ufo's to do their "geoengineering" for them.  at least they're clean
don't...don't don't don't don't

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #1079 on: March 22, 2024, 09:28:31 AM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1080 on: March 22, 2024, 10:05:07 AM »
  geez, can't even use carbon spewing jets to get rid of global blah-blah...now that's doomy.  why don't they enlist ufo's to do their "geoengineering" for them.  at least they're clean

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1082 on: April 04, 2024, 01:49:05 PM »
Not sure this is doom, but it's pretty wild.

Everyone in Japan will be called Sato by 2531 unless marriage law changed, says professor

Japanese citizens will all have the same family name in 500 years’ time unless married couples are permitted to use separate surnames, a new study has suggested as part of a campaign to update a civil code dating back to the late 1800s.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/apr/02/japan-sato-only-name-by-2531-marriage-law

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1084 on: April 04, 2024, 05:36:49 PM »
Scoop has numbed me.   No conspiracy theory is insane enough to shock me.  Just dumb people saying dumb things.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1086 on: April 04, 2024, 05:46:46 PM »
Scoop has numbed me.   No conspiracy theory is insane enough to shock me.  Just dumb people saying dumb things.

I don’t think this is a conspiracy theory at all.  Mainstream news isn’t even reporting on it.  Tells me all I need to know. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1087 on: April 04, 2024, 06:27:56 PM »
I don’t think this is a conspiracy theory at all.  Mainstream news isn’t even reporting on it.  Tells me all I need to know.

Well done. 
Ludum habemus.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1088 on: April 05, 2024, 10:06:51 AM »
I guess checking all the apocalypse boxes with the eclipse arriving on Monday, I just felt an earthquake that apparently measured 4.7 and rattled the entire Northeast.

I was wondering why there was weird noises and the house was rattling far worse than usual for a Sikorsky helicopter test flight.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1090 on: April 09, 2024, 05:47:57 PM »
Elon Musk predicts A.I. will overtake human intelligence within two years. Musk told Nicolai Tangen, C.E.O. of Norway’s sovereign wealth fund, in an interview on X that artificial general intelligence would probably be “smarter than the smartest human” next year or by 2026. The forecast is earlier than many others in the tech industry believe: Some say it will take years for that level of technology to reach the market. Elsewhere, Musk’s Tesla has settled a lawsuit over a fatal crash involving a driver using the car’s driver-assistance software. (From NYT DealBook newsletter.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1092 on: April 10, 2024, 10:04:43 AM »
Elon Musk predicts A.I. will overtake human intelligence within two years. Musk told Nicolai Tangen, C.E.O. of Norway’s sovereign wealth fund, in an interview on X that artificial general intelligence would probably be “smarter than the smartest human” next year or by 2026. The forecast is earlier than many others in the tech industry believe: Some say it will take years for that level of technology to reach the market. Elsewhere, Musk’s Tesla has settled a lawsuit over a fatal crash involving a driver using the car’s driver-assistance software. (From NYT DealBook newsletter.)

If AI gets that smart that quickly it will be kept private and enrich a few individuals. There's no reason to even productize it.

It's like the old saying that the people that can actually predict the future of the market keep their mouths shut and enrich themselves. Only the inept ones need to sell their ideas as investing advice to the folks on main street.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1093 on: April 10, 2024, 02:56:22 PM »
If AI gets that smart that quickly it will be kept private and enrich a few individuals. There's no reason to even productize it.

It's like the old saying that the people that can actually predict the future of the market keep their mouths shut and enrich themselves. Only the inept ones need to sell their ideas as investing advice to the folks on main street.

Or make public announcements about it to move the market in their favor

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1095 on: Today at 07:01:48 AM »
Get that hope out of here.