[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote  (Read 30011 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Vote
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2018, 03:24:03 PM »
Sure, as long as you also choose not to call police when someone breaks into your home, call the fire department if said home catches fire, use public roads to get around or have your trash collected.
Deal?

No more public hospitals, parks, or sewer systems either.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2018, 04:40:33 PM »
Tell me again why we want more people to vote?

So that we don't elect people that subvert Democracy?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2018, 04:52:01 PM »
Congrats on the weed though!

We had 3 different medical marijuana proposals to vote on (they had different tax rates and benefactors of the tax collected) and one passed pretty easily.  one step at a time.
Never touched it, not planning to start ingesting it.  Curious about some of the topical cremes for muscle aches.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2018, 05:38:34 PM »
You can choose not to vote. I wish I could choose not to pay sales taxes.

You have that choice. You could move.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2018, 09:51:51 PM »
Never touched it, not planning to start ingesting it.  Curious about some of the topical cremes for muscle aches.

99 year old father-in-law is a veteran of some nasty jungle battles in the Pacific during WW2.  Plenty of aches and arthritic pains.  Geriatric docs had him on traditional pain meds, including opioids.  No relief.  One of the grandkids brought back some cannabinol salve from a ski trip to Colorado.  Is truly working wonders.  He is giddy with relief.  Sold me.
Ludum habemus.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2018, 11:17:19 PM »
99 year old father-in-law is a veteran of some nasty jungle battles in the Pacific during WW2.  Plenty of aches and arthritic pains.  Geriatric docs had him on traditional pain meds, including opioids.  No relief.  One of the grandkids brought back some cannabinol salve from a ski trip to Colorado.  Is truly working wonders.  He is giddy with relief.  Sold me.

But did he vote?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2018, 04:38:38 AM »
No more public hospitals, parks, or sewer systems either.

Or building codes, restaurant inspections, clean water (we could do better on that one), courts, jails, legal system, Coast Guard, air traffic control, post office, National Institute of Health, medical education, defense conversion, why am I doing this?  Huricane forecasting, bridge inspectors, FDIC, free public education, or a functioning stock market can be added. 

Stop it, I forgot, the goal is anarchy, gated communities, and luxury living in Costa Rica. I wonder if they have public golf in Costa Rica?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2018, 07:35:02 AM »

PM'ed.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2018, 08:33:37 AM »
Or building codes, restaurant inspections, clean water (we could do better on that one), courts, jails, legal system, Coast Guard, air traffic control, post office, National Institute of Health, medical education, defense conversion, why am I doing this?  Huricane forecasting, bridge inspectors, FDIC, free public education, or a functioning stock market can be added. 

Stop it, I forgot, the goal is anarchy, gated communities, and luxury living in Costa Rica. I wonder if they have public golf in Costa Rica?

They're all Trump courses.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2018, 09:04:27 AM »
Sure, as long as you also choose not to call police when someone breaks into your home, call the fire department if said home catches fire, use public roads to get around or have your trash collected.
Deal?

Montana, Oregon, Alaska, Delaware, New Hampshire do not have state sales taxes.  MUwarrior69, maybe you should move there, and something tells me they still have public roads, fire departments, hospitals, sewer systems, trash collection and other stuff.  They collect the money differently there. 

https://www.thebalance.com/states-without-a-sales-tax-3193305

All in the delicate balance of things.

"A democracy cannot exist as permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury"
Alexander Fraser Tytler
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:06:27 AM by WarriorDad »
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2018, 10:04:35 AM »
Oops. Chico forgot his new persona.

Same old, same old.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2018, 10:39:03 AM »
Oops. Chico forgot his new persona.

Same old, same old.

Brandi - as a Libertarian/White Sox fan I LOVE that "new Chico" is a Democrat/Cub fan. Who knew he could make it even easier for me?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2018, 11:32:19 AM »
Brandi - as a Libertarian/White Sox fan I LOVE that "new Chico" is a Democrat/Cub fan. Who knew he could make it even easier for me?

He's black, too!

Oh wait ... that was the third or fourth "new chicos," not this one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2018, 11:40:40 AM »
One of the grandkids brought back some cannabinol salve from a ski trip to Colorado.

Just feel I should throw in the disclaimer that it's generally illegal to leave the state with such items. Even if you're going to another state where it's legal. Flying is a no no, driving you can get away with it.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2018, 12:08:07 PM »
They're all Trump courses.

Very funny and probably true at $500 a round.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2018, 12:26:52 PM »
Just feel I should throw in the disclaimer that it's generally illegal to leave the state with such items. Even if you're going to another state where it's legal. Flying is a no no, driving you can get away with it.

Not generally.... is illegal to export THC from the state where purchased/grown/procured.  Not sure if this is the case with all ten states, but my understanding is that if you buy in Nevada and cross with it into California (or vice versa) - both states, of course, having legalized - you can not only be prosecuted in federal court (regardless) as well as in both states if you don't have a transport license.  Granted, that's a highly unlikely scenario, but the Feds have been hands off the past few years in CO and WA in no small part because the states were doing a good job containing it.  Now that more states are legalizing, I have a feeling that people might get a bit lazy with observing state borders/laws.

IOW, the easiest way to screw things up for everyone is to start taking THC across state lines.

But the best way to screw things up for yourself is to take any amount of THC through TSA.  Transporting across state lines (i.e. trafficking) is a much worse offense than simple possession in Wisconsin (or any other non-legal state), and the odds of you getting sniffed by a dog at the airport vs. pulled over in your car couldn't be further apart.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2018, 12:30:32 PM »
Not generally.... is illegal to export THC from the state where purchased/grown/procured.  Not sure if this is the case with all ten states, but my understanding is that if you buy in Nevada and cross with it into California (or vice versa) - both states, of course, having legalized - you can not only be prosecuted in federal court (regardless) as well as in both states if you don't have a transport license.  Granted, that's a highly unlikely scenario, but the Feds have been hands off the past few years in CO and WA in no small part because the states were doing a good job containing it.  Now that more states are legalizing, I have a feeling that people might get a bit lazy with observing state borders/laws.

IOW, the easiest way to screw things up for everyone is to start taking THC across state lines.

But the best way to screw things up for yourself is to take any amount of THC through TSA.  Transporting across state lines (i.e. trafficking) is a much worse offense than simple possession in Wisconsin (or any other non-legal state), and the odds of you getting sniffed by a dog at the airport vs. pulled over in your car couldn't be further apart.

If any of you want expert advice - my BIL works for the largest law firm in the U.S. that specializes in marijuana law.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2018, 12:38:22 PM »
If any of you want expert advice - my BIL works for the largest law firm in the U.S. that specializes in marijuana law.

Dewey, Cheetos & Howe?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2018, 01:07:12 PM »
"A democracy cannot exist as permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess from the public treasury"
Alexander Fraser Tytler
[/quote]

What is the alternative?

Monarchy, dictatorship, totalitarianism, fascism, anarchy?
I live part time in northern Italy among many fascists, they don't like democracy either. 
Some like the idea of a Nobel class with lots of serfs.  It is a great way of getting magnificent cathedrals.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2018, 01:13:49 PM »
What is the alternative?

Plato's vision of a philosopher-king.  (Which will never happen.)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2018, 01:25:21 PM »
Dewey, Cheetos & Howe?

Good one!   ;D
Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2018, 02:12:11 PM »
Not generally.... is illegal to export THC from the state where purchased/grown/procured. 

I worded it poorly, but my understanding is that there are some CBD salves that use industrial hemp as the source (no thc), and should be legal in all states.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2018, 02:14:40 PM »
He's black, too!

Oh wait ... that was the third or fourth "new chicos," not this one.

I thought he just had lots and lots of black “friends”.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2018, 02:16:59 PM »

Please take him back. We (Dems) already have too many like him.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2018, 02:26:53 PM »
I think this country should bring back the poll tax . Would get a much better outcome. Too many uninformed people who are easily swayed that vote.

I agree - anyone who voted for Herman Cain, the 62 million who voted for Donald Trump are exactly who you're talking about.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”