collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scoop Airport/Hotel/Travel Thread  (Read 199351 times)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Scoop Airport/Hotel/Travel Thread
« Reply #1425 on: April 22, 2022, 10:13:18 AM »
I work pretty closely with a major airline. For each FA job opening they have, they get about 1000 applications. They can afford to be very picky about who they hire.

Hardz got reckt.  🤣🤣

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1426 on: April 22, 2022, 11:36:30 AM »
I work pretty closely with a major airline. For each FA job opening they have, they get about 1000 applications. They can afford to be very picky about who they hire.

It was a joke, relax.

Why do you assume they are idiots instead of the fact that they are all vaccinated, have had masks on all of their working hours for 2 years, unlike most people, and are just happy to have them off?

It was a joke, relax.

My employees are around half and half continuing to wear their masks.  And I assure you, most have little education beyond high school.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1427 on: April 22, 2022, 11:44:46 AM »
Anyone ever been to Rome?  Might do the 2023 Ryder Cup
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1428 on: April 22, 2022, 12:00:34 PM »
It was a joke, relax.

My employees are around half and half continuing to wear their masks.  And I assure you, most have little education beyond high school.

Fair enough, hard to tell these days.  If you had said TSA, then I would have got it. 

Love hate relationship with Rome.  Incredible, beautiful city.  But extremely dirty and annoying at times.  The Ryder Cup is in a town northeast of the city, which is a hike from the airport, but otherwise should be pretty cool.  Given my experience spending a few days outside the city on an accidental extended layover, the surrounding area is more chill than Rome proper, which is cool.  If you don't act like an obnoxious/entitled American tourist, like many do in Rome, the surrounding towns can be pretty great.

The time of year will be perfect.  Rome absolutely BAKES in the summer, but autumn should be gorgeous.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1429 on: April 22, 2022, 04:21:21 PM »

Ha!  I'm typing this from Rome although l'm flying home tomorrow.  My daughter had spring break this week as she is studying abroad this semester in Grenoble, France.  Flew to Lyon a week and half go, spend a few hours there to see the old town, then off to Grenoble, then Florence, then a side trip to Pisa on the way to Rome.  Everything is an historic site in Firenze and Rome.  Food and wine is great.  My surgically repaired knee is exhausted.  The kid has a Garmin counting steps and we're averaging 9+ miles a day.
COVID -
France is like the US.  Masks required on public transportation only. 
Italy requires KN95 masks on public transportation, museums, churches, and businesses seem to decide for themselves.  Info said I would need a vaccine pass but I only had to show my US vax card on trains (one or two restaurants requested.). Had to get a COVID Test this morning to return to the US.  All Italian pharmacies offer.  Walked down the street from the hotel and literally had my results in less than 10 minutes.  22 Euro
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 02:59:59 AM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

pbiflyer

• All American

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1431 on: April 23, 2022, 10:06:06 AM »

I am sure you will get a ton of advice on Rome.
My two cents, not related to the sites.
Make dinner reservations, anywhere that have space available on the fly is probably not the best place to eat. Will throw some restaurant suggestions later.
Best place for a beer is in Trastevere, Ma Che Siete Venuti A Fà, aka The Football Pub. https://www.football-pub.com/

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1432 on: May 14, 2022, 10:48:26 AM »
When I returned from Italy last month it was really easy to visit any pharmacy in Rome and get a rapid COVID Test so I can return to the USA   Will be in Stuttgart, Germany very end of June and it does not seem as easy as in Rome and German pharmacies don't seem to be rapid testing.  I'm planning a back-up by setting up video conference self test.  I got free iHealth tests from the government and it looks like in April (per online articles) you could book a video but in May they are not accepted for some reason.  (I can't book and found a "not approved for entry".)   Anyone have a recommended way for video test?  I found Quidel tests I got from the State of Connecticut that seem like I can set up a video approved test.  Thanks.

Merit Matters

• Walk-On
« Reply #1433 on: May 14, 2022, 10:50:52 AM »
Came back from Italy with a friend and didn’t need any covid test or any proof of anything, airline didn’t care. Delta partner.
All Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1434 on: May 14, 2022, 03:33:18 PM »
When I returned from Italy last month it was really easy to visit any pharmacy in Rome and get a rapid COVID Test so I can return to the USA   Will be in Stuttgart, Germany very end of June and it does not seem as easy as in Rome and German pharmacies don't seem to be rapid testing.  I'm planning a back-up by setting up video conference self test.  I got free iHealth tests from the government and it looks like in April (per online articles) you could book a video but in May they are not accepted for some reason.  (I can't book and found a "not approved for entry".)   Anyone have a recommended way for video test?  I found Quidel tests I got from the State of Connecticut that seem like I can set up a video approved test.  Thanks.

I had no problem at all getting Covid tests in Germany a month ago, and I was in Fussen, a much smaller town than Stuttgart.  Unfortunately, I tested positive and had to quarantine.
Have some patience, FFS.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1435 on: May 15, 2022, 07:26:39 AM »

Yeah, yeah bushwackers ar a good thang, hey?
I prefer Tumbleweed
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1436 on: May 15, 2022, 09:32:51 AM »
I had no problem at all getting Covid tests in Germany a month ago, and I was in Fussen, a much smaller town than Stuttgart.  Unfortunately, I tested positive and had to quarantine.

Pharmacies or other?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1437 on: May 15, 2022, 09:38:18 AM »
Best Ramen or Pho in DC near Dupont-Circle/Adams-Moragan? 

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1438 on: May 15, 2022, 10:29:08 AM »

OMG!  What did you do?  Hang in a hotel room for two weeks?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1439 on: May 16, 2022, 10:36:08 AM »
Pharmacies or other?

One was a pharmacy.  One was a stand-alone kiosk in the center of town.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1440 on: May 16, 2022, 10:39:29 AM »
OMG!  What did you do?  Hang in a hotel room for two weeks?

I only had to hang out until I could produce a negative test, which in my case was 5 days. It could have been worse.  I was staying in a lovely little hotel and I remained there for my quarantine.  The innkeeper was a personal friend of our tour guide and took really good care of me.  I was allowed to leave and do a little hiking by myself.
Have some patience, FFS.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1441 on: May 16, 2022, 10:57:20 AM »
I only had to hang out until I could produce a negative test, which in my case was 5 days. It could have been worse.  I was staying in a lovely little hotel and I remained there for my quarantine.  The innkeeper was a personal friend of our tour guide and took really good care of me.  I was allowed to leave and do a little hiking by myself.

Good to hear that all is well that ends well.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1442 on: May 16, 2022, 11:05:50 AM »
One was a pharmacy.  One was a stand-alone kiosk in the center of town.

I actually changed my Google search and found a pharmacy a 5 minute walk from my Stuttgart hotel that offers so it simplifies all.  Thanks.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1443 on: May 16, 2022, 07:24:42 PM »
DC continues to impress me as a food city.  I think it's sort of a semi-recent phenomenon (last ten years) but there are an insane amount of good restaurants in like a 2 mile radius.   Just a rule of thumb:  If you go to a city with Nepalese restaurants they are better than the Indian options.  I've never been disappointed in at least 7 major cities after doing a bit of research or getting suggestions.  And of course the Ethiopian restaurants are superb in DC.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1444 on: May 17, 2022, 10:09:15 AM »
DC continues to impress me as a food city.  I think it's sort of a semi-recent phenomenon (last ten years) but there are an insane amount of good restaurants in like a 2 mile radius.   Just a rule of thumb:  If you go to a city with Nepalese restaurants they are better than the Indian options.  I've never been disappointed in at least 7 major cities after doing a bit of research or getting suggestions.  And of course the Ethiopian restaurants are superb in DC.

Agree.  I think a lot of Indian food has been somewhat Americanized or tailored towards take out.  I LOVE Nepalese food.  There are a couple of them in Madison that are some of the best food in the city.  Himal Chuli and Little Tibet.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1445 on: May 17, 2022, 10:50:33 AM »
Agree.  I think a lot of Indian food has been somewhat Americanized or tailored towards take out.  I LOVE Nepalese food.  There are a couple of them in Madison that are some of the best food in the city.  Himal Chuli and Little Tibet.

There is a Nepalese restaurant in Mequon, The Cheel, that is absolutely fantastic.  They do their own version of Taco Tuesday with roti and various achaar, so dang good.  A testament to it was that it was in a building/location that had been a restaurant graveyard for 20 years.  Nothing succeeded or lasted more than a year or two, then they came in and killed it.  Restaurant burned in a freak electrical fire during COVID and its been a hole in my life since.  Can't wait till they rebuild bigger and better finally.

Indian food's neutralization I completely agree with as well.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1446 on: May 17, 2022, 02:01:39 PM »
Hards won't come to da Quon. Says its a jungle and everyone needs ta stay bunkered in, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1447 on: May 17, 2022, 02:48:56 PM »
Hards won't come to da Quon. Says its a jungle and everyone needs ta stay bunkered in, hey?

He's too busy trying to save Madison, a'ina?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1448 on: May 17, 2022, 03:23:13 PM »
Ziggy

Should he be involved with anything Madison related since he lives in a suburb of the city?  I get confused on who can do things and those who cannot.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1449 on: May 17, 2022, 03:36:20 PM »
Ziggy

Should he be involved with anything Madison related since he lives in a suburb of the city?  I get confused on who can do things and those who cannot.

Don't know Goose.  I only rely on pakuni and sultan to tell me how things work.