collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Scoop Airport/Hotel/Travel Thread  (Read 197553 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Scoop Airport/Hotel/Travel Thread
« Reply #1450 on: May 17, 2022, 03:42:19 PM »
Hards won't come to da Quon. Says its a jungle and everyone needs ta stay bunkered in, hey?

In fact, I used to work at the country club back when I was at MU.  So I'm familiar with the population.

You know, as familiar as you are with the population of Milwaukee.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1451 on: May 17, 2022, 03:42:52 PM »
Guys, I'm sorry the joke went over your heads.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1452 on: May 17, 2022, 03:44:51 PM »
Guys, I'm sorry the joke went over your heads.

Narrator:  but it didn't.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1453 on: May 17, 2022, 03:47:39 PM »
Narrator:  but it didn't.

The evidence in your and Goose's replies is evidence that it did.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1454 on: May 17, 2022, 03:49:26 PM »
The evidence in your and Goose's replies is evidence that it did.

We are mocking you and sultan.  It's called sarcasm and parody.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1455 on: May 17, 2022, 04:10:39 PM »
We are mocking you and sultan.  It's called sarcasm and parody.

Cool, you didn't get my joke, still.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1456 on: May 17, 2022, 04:26:55 PM »
Hards

I am confident you know the pulse of Madison, regardless of your zip code.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1457 on: May 17, 2022, 04:40:31 PM »
Agree.  I think a lot of Indian food has been somewhat Americanized or tailored towards take out.  I LOVE Nepalese food.  Theire are a couple of them in Madison that are some of the best food in the city.  Himal Chuli and Little Tibet.

I'm a fan of Himal Chuli but never hit Little Tibet.  I will say that Himalayan Heritage in DC has a much more extensive menu and their Goat curry is prime-time.  Their momos also kick ass.  The chicken is marinated inside the dumpling.  :)

Now,  onto tonight's meal.  We are debating between Hank's Oyster House and a Jose Andres Greek/Lebanese joint Zaytania.  :)

God bless all people in every culture that invented kinds of dumplings.  Momo me every day.  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 04:42:44 PM by MuggsyB »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1458 on: May 17, 2022, 06:46:30 PM »
In fact, I used to work at the country club back when I was at MU.  So I'm familiar with the population.

You know, as familiar as you are with the population of Milwaukee.

Witch country club? Last tyme eye kounted, der were 3, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1459 on: May 17, 2022, 06:56:37 PM »

Mequon Country Club... Looks like it's now called River Club of Mequon.  I served your buddy Tom Crean and Joanie and the fam.  Tom was a dick head.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1460 on: May 17, 2022, 07:06:32 PM »
Shoulda pissed in his Diet Coke. Crean sucks, aina?

BTW, that place hardly qualifies as a country club...chitty course, food, and clubhouse, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1461 on: May 17, 2022, 07:56:27 PM »
Shoulda pissed in his Diet Coke. Crean sucks, aina?

BTW, that place hardly qualifies as a country club...chitty course, food, and clubhouse, hey?

Yeah, it never felt 'nice' to me.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1462 on: June 22, 2022, 07:13:00 PM »
All of us who travel frequently, especially internationally, have myriad stories about terrible boarding behavior. 

Some standouts include a flight from Dubai to Mumbai where people were up and in the aisles and removing their bags from the overhead LITERALLY 30 seconds after landing.  I saw a man get drilled in the head by a carry on sliding out of the compartment as the plane jerked in taxiing as FAs screamed frantically to sit down.  Or the flight I took in Asia where the first 3-4 overheads after first class, on both sides of the plane, were filled when there were only 2 people in the first 5 rows, cause a bunch of people in the back just threw their chit in the first overhead proving Americans dont have a monopoly on self entitled behavior. 

But most of that is just annoying and rude.  Not super dangerous. But the following takes the cake.  That flight in Miami that skidded off the runway yesterday and burst into flames lead to a frantic evacuation.  Today I saw a video of a passenger on board as people fled.  Not only were they filming during their evacuation of a burning aircraft while holding their damn water bottle...they and others got their f-ing carryons and dragged them off the plane.

https://twitter.com/JanineStanwood/status/1539419268902789121?s=20&t=1fE2YxoHObxIn7uxxES2Lw

What absolute pretty boys.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #1463 on: June 27, 2022, 10:48:58 PM »
Need advice on Male (Maldives) airport.

I'm headed on a long business trip for 3-4 weeks so my wife advised that she will be spending that time in the Maldives with her mother and our two year old.  The outcome was the same as all spousal arguments...
Anyway, it seems like a fair plan and she can fly in/out through Dubai which she knows well.  The only thing I'm nervous about his the transfer from international arrival to seaplane/boat transfer to the resorts.  Anyone done this recently and who can give some advice?
Thanks.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1464 on: June 28, 2022, 06:52:50 AM »

I worked at Ozaukee Country Club my senior year at Marquette. Think I drank away their profits.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1465 on: June 28, 2022, 10:45:39 AM »
Need advice on Male (Maldives) airport.

I'm headed on a long business trip for 3-4 weeks so my wife advised that she will be spending that time in the Maldives with her mother and our two year old.  The outcome was the same as all spousal arguments...
Anyway, it seems like a fair plan and she can fly in/out through Dubai which she knows well.  The only thing I'm nervous about his the transfer from international arrival to seaplane/boat transfer to the resorts.  Anyone done this recently and who can give some advice?
Thanks.

I just did it back in March.  Know it well.  Depending on the resort its super easy.  Drop me a PM.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1466 on: June 30, 2022, 03:40:37 PM »
My wife and I are planning a trip to Portugal this fall and would like to add 2, maybe 3 days to our trip and visit Spain. Suggestions for what to see, where to go for such a short trip? Alhambra is all we have in mind for now. 
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1467 on: June 30, 2022, 03:51:58 PM »
My wife and I are planning a trip to Portugal this fall and would like to add 2, maybe 3 days to our trip and visit Spain. Suggestions for what to see, where to go for such a short trip? Alhambra is all we have in mind for now.

If it's a really short stay in Portugal maybe the best bet is to stay in Lisbon and hit Sintra one day.  I haven't been there in 15 yrs so maybe others would have a better idea.  Sintra is an absolute must Scoop Snoop imo. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1468 on: June 30, 2022, 04:11:27 PM »
If it's a really short stay in Portugal maybe the best bet is to stay in Lisbon and hit Sintra one day.  I haven't been there in 15 yrs so maybe others would have a better idea.  Sintra is an absolute must Scoop Snoop imo.

We are going to be in Portugal for 11 days and Sintra is included in our itinerary. The 2-3 additional days will be in Spain.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1469 on: June 30, 2022, 05:17:06 PM »

We will more than likely also be in Spain in late autumn.  I think we are aiming for Alhambra, Grenada... in that area.  We are looking at Ronda... but getting there may be prohibitive.  Also, I'd really like to go to Cadiz, but I may get outvoted for similar reasons as Ronda.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1470 on: June 30, 2022, 09:49:37 PM »
We will more than likely also be in Spain in late autumn.  I think we are aiming for Alhambra, Grenada... in that area.  We are looking at Ronda... but getting there may be prohibitive.  Also, I'd really like to go to Cadiz, but I may get outvoted for similar reasons as Ronda.

Thanks. I was hoping that there would be routes available to cities/areas via Spain's vaunted high speed rail system but that has not been the case so far in my searches. The travel times via rail are apparently by conventional trains as they take much too long from Portugal so we will have to go via plane. I was really hoping to travel on one of those wickedly fast trains.

Grenada and Seville are the two areas that I am exploring right now. Either seems ideal for our short time frame. I think my wife really wants to see Alhambra. We know someone who was visited Alhambra and he was almost in a trance talking about it. I would be happy with just a couple of days in Madrid but I doubt that is how it will play out.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1471 on: June 30, 2022, 10:12:48 PM »
We are going to be in Portugal for 11 days and Sintra is included in our itinerary. The 2-3 additional days will be in Spain.

Oh....my bad s-snoop.  I enjoyed Segovia if you're in that area.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1472 on: July 01, 2022, 05:36:54 AM »
Thanks. I was hoping that there would be routes available to cities/areas via Spain's vaunted high speed rail system but that has not been the case so far in my searches. The travel times via rail are apparently by conventional trains as they take much too long from Portugal so we will have to go via plane. I was really hoping to travel on one of those wickedly fast trains.

Grenada and Seville are the two areas that I am exploring right now. Either seems ideal for our short time frame. I think my wife really wants to see Alhambra. We know someone who was visited Alhambra and he was almost in a trance talking about it. I would be happy with just a couple of days in Madrid but I doubt that is how it will play out.
I highly recommend Seville. The Cathedral is amazing (Columbus' remains are allegedly there), Barrio Santa Cruz, bullfighting, flamenco dancing (not the super touristy stuff), Pretty quick train ride to the Alhambra.

A very inexpensive hotel, right in the center of Seville (right next to the Cathedral) is the Hotel Dona Maria.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1473 on: July 01, 2022, 08:48:10 AM »
I highly recommend Seville. The Cathedral is amazing (Columbus' remains are allegedly there), Barrio Santa Cruz, bullfighting, flamenco dancing (not the super touristy stuff), Pretty quick train ride to the Alhambra.

A very inexpensive hotel, right in the center of Seville (right next to the Cathedral) is the Hotel Dona Maria.

Mucho Gracias. This is valuable info, and we are budget conscious by nature. We are always happy with accommodations that are simply clean and comfortable, nothing fancy. With Alhambra a "pretty quick train ride" away, this sounds like a winner. I'm going to read up more about what already looks like the best place for a short trip. We'll skip the bullfighting but authentic flamenco (we've saw some in Charlottesville once) is absolutely amazing. As you correctly mentioned, Columbus' remains are allegedly there. Other sites include some in South America. Not only did the guy not know where he was sailing, he's not sure where he is.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1474 on: July 01, 2022, 10:01:33 AM »
We were in Colorado last week and the thin air really kicked my Arby's-ass.

They should really think about lowering the altitude a few thousand feet.

feedback