[July 26, 2024, 04:47:29 PM]

Big Week for Markus by TSmith34, Inc.
[July 26, 2024, 01:54:58 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by Skatastrophy
[July 26, 2024, 11:55:47 AM]

Men's Basketball Scholarships Increases to 15 in 2025-26 by bilsu
[July 26, 2024, 11:52:47 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: EA Sports College Football  (Read 575 times)

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
Re: EA Sports College Football
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2024, 11:32:00 AM »
I really like the game so far, but I may be Wojo. Great recruiter, but….

Haven’t actually gotten to the off-season yet — wondering how upsetting the transfer portal will be

Between work and Pickleball, haven’t found much time to play… but hopefully Saturday and Sunday can get biz

Got roped into some more pickleball a couple mornings ago JB. What level you sittin at now? I was handling some 4.0s with relative difficulty but people are getting progressively better all around!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2024, 11:44:09 AM »
You probably shouldn’t classify them as “kid’s games.”

My nearly 90 year old Grandma is great with an iPad and uses hers often.  Her GP, after a recent age related neurological assessment, recommended she get and play more games, if she was so inclined.  And not high brow stuff Sudoku or brain teasers, but stuff like tower defense games and other "kid stuff" to keep her hand-eye coordination sharp and whatnot.

But then again, I had an 40 something coworker who scoffed at people playing rec league soccer/softball/etc... cause playing sports was for kids.  I guess some people think adults should only read books and have elevated adult conversations about philosophy. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2024, 11:47:04 AM »
Pickle ball isn't a kids game.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2024, 08:04:36 PM »
Pickle ball isn't a kids game.

Tell that to the 17 yo who kicked my a$$ on the court last week :/
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2024, 08:11:48 PM »
Got roped into some more pickleball a couple mornings ago JB. What level you sittin at now? I was handling some 4.0s with relative difficulty but people are getting progressively better all around!

I’m horrible. Been playing through injury, but the biggest issue is dumb decision making. I’m not much better than 3.7.

Vs less than 3.5 I am confident but can absolutely suck it up and be humbled at times. But generally I’ll be all good. 3.5-3.7 opponents, I’m solid. 3.7-4.0 I’ll be feeling good soon but need to make some refinements and get healthy. I’m fine playing 4.1-4.2 ppl but I’m not that good yet. After that, I’m far away.

I see a “soon” path to 4.0, but breaking past 4.1, 4.2 I would need to change some things dramatically.

Very humbling game. I can do some things on the court that many can’t, but also am the king of stupid decisions at times.

Mostly been playing in 3.5-4.0 “high intermediate” leagues and sessions and it’s where I belong, but hoping to move to 3.75-4.25 soon and see if I can up my game. 4.0+ leagues I’d get pummeled right now. I like playing 3.7-3.9 folks right now the most.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback