[Today at 02:04:28 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by MU82
[Today at 01:26:38 PM]

Big East Media Day by MU82
[Today at 01:21:18 PM]

Tyler's Point Total by JWags85
[Today at 09:13:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2024?  (Read 161750 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: What are you watching in 2024?
« Reply #1625 on: September 25, 2024, 12:12:12 PM »
Anyone watch the first ep of Penguin? I liked it a lot. Great first set up ep.

Farrell is obviously great but the woman who plays Falcone daughter is gonna steal the show. She’s great in everything.

I’ve been on the marvel is cooked train for a while. Old DC and Sony have been pure trash.

But the Gunn DC has been off to a great start

I'm going to watch but I've lost all ability to wait a week for new episodes. Will jump in once all the episodes have dropped. On that note, just over halfway through the most recent season of the Boys. So far a very disappointing downturn in quality. Hopefully they go out on a high note in Season 5.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1626 on: September 25, 2024, 02:24:44 PM »
I'm going to watch but I've lost all ability to wait a week for new episodes. Will jump in once all the episodes have dropped. On that note, just over halfway through the most recent season of the Boys. So far a very disappointing downturn in quality. Hopefully they go out on a high note in Season 5.

Same.  We basically wait until a couple of seasons have dropped for a show... I don't like when the story gets cooking and then the show isn't renewed.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1627 on: September 25, 2024, 03:02:54 PM »

I feel that forsure. I’m mostly the same way. But some shows I can watch weekly or if there’s a lot on at once it’s easier.

Also something about that Sunday night HBO slot.

But a show like only murder in building. That’s a must binge. Would be dreadful weekly.

The boys s4 def weakest season. Still about 3 or 4 really good eps tho. And it’s got a great ending. Perfect penultimate season ending. So hopefully a s4 rewatch is better if s5 sticks what it built up.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1628 on: September 25, 2024, 09:05:24 PM »
I have no idea why they remade Manhunter '86.  That's a haunting and incredible film upon 2nd viewing.  I didn't even know Michael Mann directed it.  Anyway, it's on Amazon Prime . 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1629 on: September 25, 2024, 09:15:47 PM »
I have no idea why they remade Manhunter '86.  That's a haunting and incredible film upon 2nd viewing.  I didn't even know Michael Mann directed it.  Anyway, it's on Amazon Prime .

It’s grittier than the Silence of the Lambs sequel/version.  Focuses much more on the science and I thought William Peterson was the better Jack Graham. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1630 on: September 25, 2024, 09:30:25 PM »
It’s grittier than the Silence of the Lambs sequel/version.  Focuses much more on the science and I thought William Peterson was the better Jack Graham.

Grittier for sure.  And overall a much better film.   Peterson is excellent from minute one.  You can see he is absolutely tortured even before getting involved in the case.  Beyond that the music scene to scene, as well as the lighting, is incredible.  I also thought the scumbag serial killer was far more convincing in Manhunter and not a wtf character.   It's also cool to see a young Brian Cox.  What a dumb decision making Eddie Norton play Will Graham for starters in RD. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2024, 09:32:17 PM by MuggsyB »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1631 on: October 07, 2024, 10:54:48 AM »
Living with my wife and one of my daughters, compromises are made. Because of that, we started watching Nobody Wants This on Netflix. We're three episodes in. As RomComs go, it's pretty good. Although I am having a hard time believing Eleanor Shellstrop would date a rabbi.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #1632 on: October 07, 2024, 02:21:24 PM »
Living with my wife and one of my daughters, compromises are made. Because of that, we started watching Nobody Wants This on Netflix. We're three episodes in. As RomComs go, it's pretty good. Although I am having a hard time believing Eleanor Shellstrop would date a rabbi.

Wife and I just binged this after a recommendation from my brother. She loved it. It took me a bit to get into it, it’s still not my favorite by any means, but I loved the last two episodes.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1633 on: October 11, 2024, 01:23:30 PM »
If there are any GoT fans with excess cash that they don't know what to do with, this auction could be a lot of fun.

A lot of the items are live bidding since they close today.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1634 on: October 11, 2024, 01:36:08 PM »
Slow Horses s4 just like all the other seasons was great

And it had a preview for s5 at the end, which means we may get s5 in the spring time. Love how quickly this show cranks out seasons. Shows that it can be done successfully.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1635 on: October 14, 2024, 04:55:10 PM »
Ep 4 of the Penguin was the best yet.

Hell of a show

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1636 on: October 14, 2024, 08:46:49 PM »
Ep 4 of the Penguin was the best yet.

Hell of a show

Can't wait to watch.  First 3 episodes were amazing.  Colin Farrell is just incredible.  And Cristin Milioti...I remember being disappointed in her casting as the Mother in HIMYM (but then again pretty much everything to end that series was disappointing).  But she was great in the resort and she's utterly captivating as Sofia, what a casting.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1637 on: October 14, 2024, 08:54:07 PM »
Can't wait to watch.  First 3 episodes were amazing.  Colin Farrell is just incredible.  And Cristin Milioti...I remember being disappointed in her casting as the Mother in HIMYM (but then again pretty much everything to end that series was disappointing).  But she was great in the resort and she's utterly captivating as Sofia, what a casting.

Oh shes fantastic. I like her in everything. Excellent in Palm Springs with Sandberg, a very underrated romantic comedy.

Ep 4 locked up her emmy nom and likely win imo.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1638 on: October 14, 2024, 09:01:51 PM »
The boys s4 def weakest season. Still about 3 or 4 really good eps tho. And it’s got a great ending. Perfect penultimate season ending. So hopefully a s4 rewatch is better if s5 sticks what it built up.

Never circled back to this. Agree with everything you said. I like the setup they did in the finale. The ending seems to be heading in the right direction. Still, most of the season was really rough. Shock value for the sake of shock value. Really ham-fisted political commentary (and my politics definitely align with the creators' politics). But worst for me was the really boring side stories that did absolutely nothing to move the main story along. Huey's mom? Starlight's powers? Frenchie getting a conscience? Kimiko and Shining Light? No value to the main story and seemingly no consequences for any of them (other than Huey).

Hopefully Season 5 can land the plane. Working my way through Bear season 3 now. Also hoping it can turn it around by the end of the season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1639 on: October 19, 2024, 11:14:53 PM »
Just watched the documentary "It Ain't Over" about Yogi Berra being snubbed by MLB at the 2015 All Star game as one of the 4 greatest living legends in Baseball: Hank Aaron. Johnny Bench, Sandy Koufax and Willie Mays.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1640 on: October 22, 2024, 04:04:12 PM »
Four episodes in (final 3 episodes drop Oct 25, Nov 1 and Nov 8)”Disclaimer” on Apple TV. Very graphic but (imo) very good.

feedback