Maximilian Langenfeld by wadesworld
[Today at 09:19:59 PM]

Academic All Americans by Pakuni
[Today at 09:06:28 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 07:57:45 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[Today at 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[Today at 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masters 2024  (Read 2078 times)

Lennys Tap

• All American
Re: Masters 2024
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2024, 12:26:55 PM »
It's not like Rory would've won had Scheffler missed a few more putts.

Exactly. Rory was 15 shots off the pace and there were 20 guy between him and Scottie. He has more important things to worry about than what putter Scheffler is using.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2024, 02:01:29 PM »

How many scoopers putt with a mallet?   I putt with a center shaft Bettinardi.  Larger version of the classic Anser-style weighting.   No offset.
Not anymore.   Benched the useless POS after my last two rounds and going to the 20 year old Odyssey back up.   It needs a time out to reflect.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2024, 06:16:24 AM »
odyssey stroke lab up here, versa reverse Oreo in Az

like em both.  dude at club champion talked me in to the stroke lab at the end of a fitting session

kinda weird as they have you putt 15-20 footers on their little putting green and i'm hitting lasers with the thing.  yeah right...you're so geeked at the process, it never crosses your mind that their little track is probably funneled to the cup...oh well. 

like any other club, it's half mental and do ya like what you're looking down at?  slap a big red super stroke on it and mentally, how can ya miss?

do they still try to talk you into "puring" the shafts?  golf shafts that is
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2024, 07:32:38 AM »
If Rory ends up going to Liv my love of professional golf will officially be gone. I never cared about the Saudi money and still do not, but I love the tradition of golf and they have destroyed it for me. There is no doubt the PGA has no one to blame but themselves and that is part of my issue with the whole mess. I loved the fact that Rahm was a disappointed golfer this past weekend and some of my glee will be gone if Rory joins him.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2024, 07:51:40 AM »
If Rory ends up going to Liv my love of professional golf will officially be gone. I never cared about the Saudi money and still do not, but I love the tradition of golf and they have destroyed it for me. There is no doubt the PGA has no one to blame but themselves and that is part of my issue with the whole mess. I loved the fact that Rahm was a disappointed golfer this past weekend and some of my glee will be gone if Rory joins him.

Haven’t missed men’s professional golf at all this spring.  The people running the sport on both sides and the people playing the sport are absolutely clueless about the sport itself.  Sadly, golf isn’t unique in this regard.  College sports are doing the same thing. 

But new generations will get used to these new traditions.  At least, that’s what they hope
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Goose

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2024, 08:00:46 AM »
Rico

I agree 100%. I never in my wildest dreams would believe that professional golf could get so messed up. It probably should not be a surprise because the PGA was run so poorly and opened themselves up for this mess. I have been too lazy to look, but someone told me that Jay is paid over $30m to run the PGA. If that is true, that is a waste of $30m.

As for not missing golf, By the FL swing I had watched maybe a half hour all year and about the same while they were in FL. Now, I am on old guy and used to love the FL swing the best, aside from the majors. At this moment, I hope all the stars get $100's of millions and have miserable golf experiences the rest of their lives.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2024, 08:17:39 AM »
Rico

I agree 100%. I never in my wildest dreams would believe that professional golf could get so messed up. It probably should not be a surprise because the PGA was run so poorly and opened themselves up for this mess. I have been too lazy to look, but someone told me that Jay is paid over $30m to run the PGA. If that is true, that is a waste of $30m.

As for not missing golf, By the FL swing I had watched maybe a half hour all year and about the same while they were in FL. Now, I am on old guy and used to love the FL swing the best, aside from the majors. At this moment, I hope all the stars get $100's of millions and have miserable golf experiences the rest of their lives.

Greg Norman’s lifelong vendetta getting its hands on money from a regime trying to worm its way into modern society and buy respectability doesn’t help any of it, either

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2024, 08:51:32 AM »
I don't think the PGA is entirely to blame here, but the post-Tiger era has brought a lot of "blah" to golf long before LIV came around - and created the fertile soil for all of this to grow actually. I used to watch all of the time, but became more casual as Tiger faded. I often start watching majors with the best of intentions, but all of these guys seem indistinguishable to me. On Sunday I decided to go sit outside and enjoy the weather instead.

I don't think this is much different than the post Jack and Tom era. No one would get jazzed about watching Curtis Strange or Tom Kite.  Greg Norman could have been the guy, but he kept falling apart and was generally unlikeable.  My vague recollection is that the Senior PGA was drawing a lot of eyeballs back then because they had the more recognizable names.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2024, 09:02:13 AM »
I agree with pretty much everything here, especially that the deterioration of my interest will hit warp speed if Rory jumps. And if he does, I won't have any of the ill-will toward that decision I had/have toward the other guys.  Rory has been so jerked around and hung out to dry, at pretty real personal and professional cost, I wouldn't blame him one bit if he says screw it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2024, 09:22:32 AM »
I don't think the PGA is entirely to blame here, but the post-Tiger era has brought a lot of "blah" to golf long before LIV came around - and created the fertile soil for all of this to grow actually. I used to watch all of the time, but became more casual as Tiger faded. I often start watching majors with the best of intentions, but all of these guys seem indistinguishable to me. On Sunday I decided to go sit outside and enjoy the weather instead.

I don't think this is much different than the post Jack and Tom era. No one would get jazzed about watching Curtis Strange or Tom Kite.  Greg Norman could have been the guy, but he kept falling apart and was generally unlikeable.  My vague recollection is that the Senior PGA was drawing a lot of eyeballs back then because they had the more recognizable names.

It was never going to match Tiger-level interest.  He transcended sports.  However, there was more talent and personality in the game than post-Nicklaus.

Spieth, Rory, Bryson and Brooks off the top of my head were stars that got people to tune in when they were in contention.  Each for different reasons.

Masters ratings came out and they weren’t good.  The sport is a niche market.  I firmly believe it’ll end up like IndyCar after their split in ‘95.  Something will fill the vacuum for networks and advertisers.  The Saudi’s can continue to pump money into it all they want but they’ll be hard pressed to approach any level of popularity the sport once had.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2024, 09:30:03 AM »
Burrow

I will be disappointed that the PGA put Rory in the position to leave and disappointed if he does leave. Every top player from the world had zero problem relocating to FL and making a ton of money on the PGA and I still believe in fighting for something. The idea of a world tour is foolish to me because they already have one. I might have been one of the dozen people that followed tournaments in Australia, Asia, Middle East and Europe over the years, but it was because of the history of the event.

Good news for me, it will allow me more time to enjoy playing more golf than sitting around watching it. Plus, I can watch plenty of past events that have historical value vs. watching the current product. My BIL texting me last night that he was watching the '96 US Amateur and we talked about that. On a sidenote, the same BIL I believe watched virtually every shot of every event that was televised in '21 and '22, especially if it was during the workday. He is now playing pickleball almost every day instead.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2024, 11:36:50 AM »
Looks like Rory is sticking with the PGA.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2024, 11:52:41 AM »
Looks like Rory is sticking with the PGA.

He ought to be using all the leverage he has to oust Jay Monahan