'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893602 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #9725 on: February 27, 2021, 01:54:34 PM »
Y'all need ta experience a cystoscope. Stickin' dat scope up yo johnson hole is a reel treat, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9726 on: February 27, 2021, 02:01:04 PM »
Y'all need ta experience a cystoscope. Stickin' dat scope up yo johnson hole is a reel treat, aina?

maybe...if it's the last thing that will keep me alive...but more gummies please
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9727 on: February 27, 2021, 02:19:16 PM »

Damn, doc! That hurts just reading it. I have been fortunate enough to avoid all contact with urologists so far. If one ever gets within 100 yards of me, I might start a propofol drip on myself....

it's not a long procedure-maybe 5 minutes or so, but seems like an hour.  sounds like he's snapping toe nails.  the discomfort is weird because one isn't used to feeling discomfort like that in that area. you're waiting for the worst.  so the psychological part plays a big role as well.  someone needs to re-write the standards of care for these guys :D
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9728 on: February 27, 2021, 06:24:52 PM »
  it's not a long procedure-maybe 5 minutes or so, but seems like an hour.  sounds like he's snapping toe nails.  the discomfort is weird because one isn't used to feeling discomfort like that in that area. you're waiting for the worst.  so the psychological part plays a big role as well.  someone needs to re-write the standards of care for these guys :D

New standard of care:

1. Propofol
2. See old standard of care

How'd I do?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9729 on: March 01, 2021, 08:09:05 PM »
California plastic surgeon under medical board investigation for attending traffic court via zoom while performing surgery. Yikes!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/28/us/california-surgeon-zoom-traffic-violation-court.html

The Medical Board of California said it was investigating a plastic surgeon who attended a video traffic court hearing from an operating room while dressed in scrubs and with a patient on the surgical table.

The surgeon, Dr. Scott Green, reported by videoconference for a trial in Sacramento Superior Court on Thursday.

“Hello, Mr. Green? Hi, are you available for trial?” a courtroom clerk said as Dr. Green, wearing a surgical mask and cap, appeared in a virtual square with operating room lighting fixtures visible behind him. “It kind of looks like you’re in an operating room right now.”

“I am, sir,” Dr. Green replied as machines beeped in the background. “Yes, I’m in an operating room right now. I’m available for trial. Go right ahead.”

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9730 on: March 02, 2021, 10:15:31 AM »
California plastic surgeon under medical board investigation for attending traffic court via zoom while performing surgery. Yikes!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/28/us/california-surgeon-zoom-traffic-violation-court.html

The Medical Board of California said it was investigating a plastic surgeon who attended a video traffic court hearing from an operating room while dressed in scrubs and with a patient on the surgical table.

The surgeon, Dr. Scott Green, reported by videoconference for a trial in Sacramento Superior Court on Thursday.

“Hello, Mr. Green? Hi, are you available for trial?” a courtroom clerk said as Dr. Green, wearing a surgical mask and cap, appeared in a virtual square with operating room lighting fixtures visible behind him. “It kind of looks like you’re in an operating room right now.”

“I am, sir,” Dr. Green replied as machines beeped in the background. “Yes, I’m in an operating room right now. I’m available for trial. Go right ahead.”

Is it the same plastic surgeon that was posting selfies of himself doing surgery on Joan Rivers, and she ended up going into an irreversable coma during the procedure?
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9731 on: March 02, 2021, 12:39:21 PM »
Is it the same plastic surgeon that was posting selfies of himself doing surgery on Joan Rivers, and she ended up going into an irreversable coma during the procedure?

Actually, that was a gastroenterologist from New York. Crazy stuff though....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/09/04/one-year-anniversary-joan-rivers-death-what-happened-doctors-clinic/71649424/

Dr. Lawrence Cohen resigned from Yorkville during the uproar following Rivers' death. Cohen conducted the endoscopy procedure on Rivers and, according to the negligence lawsuit by Melissa Rivers, also took cellphone pictures of Rivers while she was unconscious on the operating table.

"It wasn't a selfie in the sense that it was a picture of himself," says one of Melissa Rivers' lawyers, Jeffrey Bloom. "It was a picture of Joan on the table, while she was crashing, by the way."

Cohen's lawyer, Jay Rappaport, says Cohen is still in New York and is still a practicing gastroenterologist — "He never stopped practicing" — although he wouldn't say where or otherwise comment. In response to the Melissa Rivers lawsuit, Cohen has denied he took a cellphone picture of Joan Rivers.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9732 on: March 02, 2021, 12:58:17 PM »
Had this one and screamed as loud as I could. The people in the waiting had a look of impending doom  when I came out.

maybe...if it's the last thing that will keep me alive...but more gummies please

I had no choice and that was exactly my sentiment.

aside from the prep part, the colonoscopy isn't bad.  then there's the prostate biopsy...wtf?  why can't they use the same drugs for that?  i threw that at my urologist and he looked at me like...what???  you are totally awake, they stick a needle into the gland, then listen for the loud SNAP...oh, only 11-12 more of those and i still felt it.  then piss blood for a few times. 

this is where a gummy or four would come in handy

The clicking and snapping sound and the Dr. acting like it is no big deal . It was a big deal. Pissed blood for a few days.   

It gets worse when they start the actual treatment. All sorts of procedures that they say are " uncomfortable".  Or worse yet don't tell you until you get in the room. Just before the beginning of one of those procedures, where I was getting a probe stuck up my perineum and gold markers inserted , the female Dr. laughed and told me this procedure was going to make me more empathetic to the wife. I said "no one told me about this being painful" and the tech who was helping said in full Minnesota accent " we don't tell anyone about the pain or else no one would do the procedure". 

You know what is even less pleasant?  Finding out the hard way that the anesthesia doesn't work on you.  And that the gastroenterologist can't get the scope all the way through and that stabbing feeling you are experiencing (but too doped up to realize what is actually happening) is him trying to force it.

Oh, and you have to come back another time for a barium enema, and the prep for that is worse than for the colonoscopy, because it's all over-the-counter laxatives, which is much less predictable than the prescription stuff.
Before one of my procedures, the hospital was kind enough to have "An Enema Prep Facility". You go in there and a very kind Nurse sticks the enema in while you are laying on your side, in a tile room  , She then sets a clock whose alarm goes off at 3 minutes at which time you do your duty, You have to pull a string to let her know when your done, The whole procedure results in the stuff being spewed all over the room .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9733 on: March 02, 2021, 06:44:24 PM »
Plowy McPlowFace!

MNDOT let Minnesotans vote to name snowplows in each of its regions. The top vote-getter was Plowy McPlowFace.

https://www.dot.state.mn.us/nameasnowplow/

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #9734 on: March 02, 2021, 07:01:39 PM »
That’s insensitive to Irish people.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9735 on: March 03, 2021, 09:02:41 PM »
Maroon 5 is worse than Nickelback.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9736 on: March 03, 2021, 09:19:17 PM »

Kinda like comparing constipation and diarrhea....

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9737 on: March 03, 2021, 09:42:16 PM »

I keep waiting for people to realize Walk the Moon should be in this classification as well.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9738 on: March 04, 2021, 06:48:06 AM »

Diarrhea goes away.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9739 on: March 04, 2021, 08:24:50 AM »

Nickelback has a couple better guilty pleasure songs but I think the vast majority of nickelback is worse than the vast majority of Maroon 5
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9740 on: March 04, 2021, 01:33:54 PM »
So where do y'all think the robot would end up if we let Scoopers take the controls?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/features/mschf-boston-dynamics-paintball-robot/

Thirty seconds later, I was remote-controlling a Spot robot — one of the quadruped, canine-inspired robots built by Boston Dynamics — as it charged around an empty art gallery performance space in Brooklyn, thousands of miles away, firing paintballs from a .68cal paintball gun mounted on its back.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9741 on: March 04, 2021, 01:39:15 PM »
So where do y'all think the robot would end up if we let Scoopers take the controls?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/features/mschf-boston-dynamics-paintball-robot/

Thirty seconds later, I was remote-controlling a Spot robot — one of the quadruped, canine-inspired robots built by Boston Dynamics — as it charged around an empty art gallery performance space in Brooklyn, thousands of miles away, firing paintballs from a .68cal paintball gun mounted on its back.

I'd drive that thing right into the East River/Bay.  That thing is a little to Black Mirror adjacent for my liking.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9742 on: March 06, 2021, 06:11:45 PM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #9743 on: March 06, 2021, 07:11:47 PM »
This was quite a sermon. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-pastor-on-leave-after-telling-wives-to-lose-weight-and-make-themselves-sexually-available

Full video embedded

The top brass in the Baptist Church explain their position on the matter

https://nypost.com/2021/03/03/pastor-slammed-for-telling-wives-to-lose-weight-look-less-butch/
so FoxNews reported that a pastor was 'put on leave' for something he said without saying he was.......
and the NY Post reported he was 'slammed' for what he said without saying he was.......

I want to be outraged about his treatment but I just can't find the words.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9744 on: March 09, 2021, 09:48:28 AM »
Sea slug can decapitate itself and regenerate its entire body within weeks....

https://www.livescience.com/decapitated-sea-slugs-regrow-entire-body.html

Talk about great party tricks.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9745 on: March 09, 2021, 11:02:02 AM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9746 on: March 09, 2021, 11:12:58 AM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9747 on: March 10, 2021, 09:03:02 AM »
Does it count as copper if it's copper colored?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-09/trader-buys-36-million-of-copper-and-gets-painted-rocks-instead?cmpid=BBD031021_MKT&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=210310&utm_campaign=markets

Commodities trader Mercuria Energy Group Ltd. struck a deal last summer to buy $36 million of copper from a Turkish supplier. But when the cargoes started arriving in China, all it found were containers full of painted rocks.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9748 on: March 10, 2021, 10:52:13 AM »
Does it count as copper if it's copper colored?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-09/trader-buys-36-million-of-copper-and-gets-painted-rocks-instead?cmpid=BBD031021_MKT&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=210310&utm_campaign=markets

Commodities trader Mercuria Energy Group Ltd. struck a deal last summer to buy $36 million of copper from a Turkish supplier. But when the cargoes started arriving in China, all it found were containers full of painted rocks.

That'll make for very cool landscaping material!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9749 on: March 10, 2021, 10:58:26 AM »
That'll make for very cool landscaping material!

MU picked up a lot for a giveaway next year at FF. It is a follow-up to "Torch & Pitchfork Night".

feedback