[Today at 08:25:08 PM]

Big East Conference Results by Herman Cain
[Today at 08:18:11 PM]

OH for Crying Out Loud by We R Final Four
[Today at 07:47:15 PM]

NM by GooooMarquette
[Today at 07:41:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: @ Xavier

Marquette
Marquette @

Xavier

Date/Time: Jan 29, 2019 - 7:30pm
TV: FS1
Schedule for 2019-20
Butler

Author Topic: OH for Crying Out Loud  (Read 1605 times)

1SE

• All American
Re: OH for Crying Out Loud
« Reply #50 on: Today at 10:50:01 AM »
Winning a game in the Tourney isn't too much to ask, hey?

It all comes down to this. What happens in the regular season only matters because it makes it more or less likely to win games in mid-March. We've waited 5 years. This breakthrough needs to happen this year.

Real Warriors Demand Excellence

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: Today at 12:29:41 PM »
My point is that we need to do something, or nothing likely changes.

"We" -- meaning you and me -- can't do anything.

But sure, again, bringing in a "seasoned coach" would be great.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking."

— Steve Jobs

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #52 on: Today at 07:32:40 PM »
I have said for last three years that I would be happy with a run like Xavier had for 15+ years. For the record, that is light years from MU ‘70’s success. Many on here think the Al crew is unrealistic, mainly because our posts are not read completely. I think most of us get the big picture quite well

There is no next Al era ever happening at MU again. 43 years has provided a lot of info to confirm that. I am 100% accepting and fine with that.

To me, as stated a couple of weeks ago, I would like us to be in the chased position and not the chaser. Countless posts of “what if’s” on how we get a better seed or move into fourth place in the BE. That is fine for a period of time, but not year in and year out.

Mock me if you want, but I do think the under 40 crew on here deserves to see a better program. I always stress the eye test and looking at computer analytics after every game is not for me. The program should be doing better on the court, regardless of computer stating our numbers.

I had little confidence going into this season and was focused on upcoming recruiting as a benchmark. That said, I have not seen much great basketball played by MU this season. There are countless posts touting individual play by the role players, which is merited, but seems to me it is always looking for a silver lining. My hope is that solid/good individual performances are the norm for the top 7 or do players, not reason for a four page thread.

I do not think what I am hoping for is unrealistic or based off of entitlement. Simply put, on court performance matters.

Goose, I think that's the best post I've ever seen from you.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #53 on: Today at 07:40:33 PM »
Big fan of MU. I’m not the one who thinks the team is soft, that’s what a number of people here claim, despite the facts showing MU is basically anything but soft.

I am starting to definitely understand why more than one media person thinks MU fans are the worst.
agreed

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #54 on: Today at 07:47:15 PM »
It’s official. Sultan has a whopper of a crush on JB.
Ha....not sure the feeling is mutual however.