[Today at 09:37:50 PM]

NM by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 09:35:39 PM]

[New to PT] How to lose a game in 10 plays by PointWarrior
[Today at 09:18:27 PM]

RIP Kobe Bryant by ChitownSpaceForRent
[Today at 08:29:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: @ Xavier

Marquette
Marquette @

Xavier

Date/Time: Jan 29, 2019 - 7:30pm
TV: FS1
Schedule for 2019-20
Butler

Author Topic: [New to PT] How to lose a game in 10 plays  (Read 438 times)

pux90mex

• All American
[New to PT] How to lose a game in 10 plays
« on: Today at 12:30:05 PM »
You can say I'm still not over it. Lots and lots of video and stats here to make your click worth your while.

https://painttouches.com/2020/01/26/how-to-lose-a-game-in-10-plays/

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: [New to PT] How to lose a game in 10 plays
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:35:59 PM »
I look forward to the how to win a bunch of games articles, too.....
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:58:50 PM »
I look forward to the how to win a bunch of games articles, too.....

Mr. Google: Select tools/time/past week
https://painttouches.com/2020/01/22/jayce-johnson-beast-of-the-boards/

When is your Wojo Impeachment Defense article coming in CS? I look forward to that analysis.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:01:24 PM »
Mr. Google: Select tools/time/past week
https://painttouches.com/2020/01/22/jayce-johnson-beast-of-the-boards/

When is your Wojo Impeachment Defense article coming in CS? I look forward to that analysis.

If it goes like the bigger one, it will be a slam dunk acquittal.

Like I said earlier, the losses here are talked about for decades, the wins disappear soon after.  We are a miserably entitled fan base.  In the few days I have seen everything from jag offs here accuse the staff of playing someone with a known concussion (no proof) to a host of other complete crap.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:08:21 PM »

Like I said earlier, the losses here are talked about for decades, the wins disappear soon after.  We are a miserably entitled fan base.

Says the guy who called the Davidson win a crapshoot and has <too> numerous posts pissing on that parade. One chooses to read and hear what one wants to.

Btw, I find your defense headline above <miserably entitled fan base> lacking as an analytical defense of Wojo. There is plenty there if you try real hard on the Google.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:17:06 PM »

Like I said earlier, the losses here are talked about for decades, the wins disappear soon after.  We are a miserably entitled fan base.  In the few days I have seen everything from jag offs here accuse the staff of playing someone with a known concussion (no proof) to a host of other complete crap.
Take it easy. I didnt see anyone accusing the staff of playing a player with a known concussion. Lots of ifs in those posts and one guy saying the staff can get away with playing marcus if he told the staff he was ok.

pux90mex

• All American
« Reply #6 on: Today at 01:38:40 PM »

Like I said earlier, the losses here are talked about for decades, the wins disappear soon after.

Did you read the article? I literally bring that up in the first 4 paragraphs and use a Buzz example.

And my big issue after 6 years of data points is that Marquette has only beaten 1 team that finished in the top 25 of KenPom away from home, in 22 attempts.

1-21. Wojo's teams have proven consistently that in the toughest games, without a home court to fall back on, it can't seal the deal. In fact, they rarely keep it within single digits. 17 of the 21 losses have been by 10 points or more.

I don't expect MU to have a winning record in these games. I'm pretty rational. But this is too much lopsided data for me to ignore.

Someone we revere once said teams are a reflection of a coach's personality. Wojo's teams have all wilted under pressure.

(And I'm not even saying MU should part ways yet. Simply that this loss shared way too many of the traits of previous losses to be regarded as a fluke. It needs to be addressed.)

1SE

• All American
« Reply #7 on: Today at 01:48:52 PM »
"Don't Panic"! (Wojo 2020, to himself the team)
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:21:32 PM »
Did you read the article? I literally bring that up in the first 4 paragraphs and use a Buzz example.

And my big issue after 6 years of data points is that Marquette has only beaten 1 team that finished in the top 25 of KenPom away from home, in 22 attempts.

1-21. Wojo's teams have proven consistently that in the toughest games, without a home court to fall back on, it can't seal the deal. In fact, they rarely keep it within single digits. 17 of the 21 losses have been by 10 points or more.

I don't expect MU to have a winning record in these games. I'm pretty rational. But this is too much lopsided data for me to ignore.

Someone we revere once said teams are a reflection of a coach's personality. Wojo's teams have all wilted under pressure.

(And I'm not even saying MU should part ways yet. Simply that this loss shared way too many of the traits of previous losses to be regarded as a fluke. It needs to be addressed.)

Interesting data point. What was Buzz’s record against the Top 25 on the road while at Marquette? Crean’s?  The rest of the Big East?

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #9 on: Today at 08:33:51 PM »
Interesting data point. What was Buzz’s record against the Top 25 on the road while at Marquette? Crean’s?  The rest of the Big East?

Yeah, that would help give a more complete picture about how uncommon losing to top 25 teams on the road is.

PointWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: Today at 09:12:53 PM »
Well done!

PointWarrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: Today at 09:18:27 PM »
Wow 1-21 ?   And usually blown out.   How about that Wojo slurpers?