[Today at 04:54:06 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1935913 times)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #9700 on: February 23, 2021, 11:14:27 AM »
I was always told anything over .40 might be fatal

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9701 on: February 23, 2021, 11:21:24 AM »
Maybe the highest in the states? Pretty sure I've read about Eastern European people registering above 1%
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9702 on: February 23, 2021, 01:09:06 PM »
I was always told anything over .40 might be fatal

That is a commonly cited 'fatal' level, but it varies from person to person. An 1990 article found a mean BAC of .355 in fatal cases of alcohol intoxication. And not surprisingly, the higher levels were found in those with a long history of heavy alcohol consumption.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2348761/

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9703 on: February 23, 2021, 01:14:26 PM »
Maybe the highest in the states? Pretty sure I've read about Eastern European people registering above 1%

The highly respected coed.com reports that the highest level ever reported was 1.41% in a sheep thief from South Africa. The second highest was 24-year old UCLA student, who blew a 1.33%.

https://coed.com/2014/05/27/the-10-highest-bacs-ever-recorded/

And if coed.com says it, it has to be true.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9704 on: February 23, 2021, 04:54:09 PM »

The highly respected coed.com reports that the highest level ever reported was 1.41% in a sheep thief from South Africa. The second highest was 24-year old UCLA student, who blew a 1.33%.

https://coed.com/2014/05/27/the-10-highest-bacs-ever-recorded/

And if coed.com says it, it has to be true.

Amateurs.

Don't think I went below 1.5 during finals week my senior year.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9705 on: February 23, 2021, 07:29:21 PM »
Amateurs.

Don't think I went below 1.5 during finals week my senior year.

If it ain’t in coed.com, it didn’t happen.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9706 on: February 23, 2021, 07:50:05 PM »
Talk about thrift shop bargains....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/phoenix-family-discovers-5-000-fentanyl-pills-inside-daughter-s-n1258595

A family in Arizona bought a toy worth far more than what they paid for when they discovered more than 5,000 pills believed to be fentanyl inside the doll.

Phoenix police said Saturday the child's parents bought a Glo Worm from a thrift store in El Mirage, Arizona. The parents were cleaning the toy when they found a sandwich bag filled with the drugs, according to police.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9707 on: February 24, 2021, 10:18:22 AM »
I've found that most people use way more paper towels than they truly need.  When you're done rinsing your hands, you shouldn't be walking over to the paper towel dispenser with sopping wet hands dripping all over the counter and floor.  SHAKE YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF IN THE SINK UNTIL NO MORE WATER COMES OFF... FOUR TIMES IS USUALLY ENOUGH!  Personally, I use ONE paper towel. 

https://www.ted.com/talks/joe_smith_how_to_use_a_paper_towel

Watch the damn video.  If you can't do this, you're a Neanderthal.

If you can't tell, this is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Well, I won't say that I have the same passion for this issue as you, but since you posted this I have been using one towel nearly every time. It's simple enough.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9708 on: February 24, 2021, 03:48:30 PM »

Well, I won't say that I have the same passion for this issue as you, but since you posted this I have been using one towel nearly every time. It's simple enough.

Guys who shake all their COVID shed on the counter/sink while then cranking out one paper towel to dry their hands INSTEAD of using the TOUCHLESS hand dryer are PEKING MEN.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9709 on: February 24, 2021, 04:04:44 PM »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #9710 on: February 24, 2021, 04:13:03 PM »
When parking a car in a parking lot, it is not necessary to fill in all of the spaces close together like a puzzle.

If there are many open spaces in all directions, spread out a bit. Give people some room and space. There is no need to park next to someone in those situations.

The fill the puzzle parkers also seem to be people who go up and down aisles many times like hawks to find a closer spot in a full aisle instead of parking an aisle over and walking the extra few feet.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9711 on: February 24, 2021, 05:56:55 PM »

When parking a car in a parking lot, it is not necessary to fill in all of the spaces close together like a puzzle.

If there are many open spaces in all directions, spread out a bit. Give people some room and space. There is no need to park next to someone in those situations.

The fill the puzzle parkers also seem to be people who go up and down aisles many times like hawks to find a closer spot in a full aisle instead of parking an aisle over and walking the extra few feet.

The people who try to park a couple spots closer to the store are probably lamenting later that night that they didn't get in their 10,000 steps that day....

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #9712 on: February 24, 2021, 09:49:38 PM »

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:56:59 PM by jsglow »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #9713 on: February 25, 2021, 11:20:55 AM »
... and never use more than 4 squares of toilet paper!

I've found that most people use way more paper towels than they truly need.  When you're done rinsing your hands, you shouldn't be walking over to the paper towel dispenser with sopping wet hands dripping all over the counter and floor.  SHAKE YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF IN THE SINK UNTIL NO MORE WATER COMES OFF... FOUR TIMES IS USUALLY ENOUGH!  Personally, I use ONE paper towel. 

https://www.ted.com/talks/joe_smith_how_to_use_a_paper_towel

Watch the damn video.  If you can't do this, you're a Neanderthal.

If you can't tell, this is one of my biggest pet peeves.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9714 on: February 25, 2021, 02:53:31 PM »
Mr Potato Head is now just Potato Head.

When will Hasbro change their name to Hasperson?

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9715 on: February 25, 2021, 02:58:01 PM »

Hassib makes more sense.  Sibling rather than brother.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9716 on: February 25, 2021, 03:09:32 PM »

Potato advocates are planning a protest rally, and the company is considering a preemptive name change to Generic Root Vegetable Head.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9717 on: February 25, 2021, 07:12:10 PM »
Hassib makes more sense.  Sibling rather than brother.

What about people without siblings, huh?

What about them???

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9718 on: February 25, 2021, 09:50:43 PM »
The sheer insanity of having a colonoscopy is only made up by the abject hilarity of when your wife explains how you spent the last 5 hours of your life because you have zero recollection of it.

Admittedly, it's a lot like going on an Arby's bender, so we've all been there.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9719 on: February 25, 2021, 10:20:45 PM »
The sheer insanity of having a colonoscopy is only made up by the abject hilarity of when your wife explains how you spent the last 5 hours of your life because you have zero recollection of it.

Admittedly, it's a lot like going on an Arby's bender, so we've all been there.

It really is wild waking up with no recollection of the procedure when you consider what they just did to you. Makes the procedure itself nowhere near as unpleasant as the prep the night before.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9720 on: February 26, 2021, 06:59:32 AM »

It really is wild waking up with no recollection of the procedure when you consider what they just did to you. Makes the procedure itself nowhere near as unpleasant as the prep the night before.

aside from the prep part, the colonoscopy isn't bad.  then there's the prostate biopsy...wtf?  why can't they use the same drugs for that?  i threw that at my urologist and he looked at me like...what???  you are totally awake, they stick a needle into the gland, then listen for the loud SNAP...oh, only 11-12 more of those and i still felt it.  then piss blood for a few times. 

this is where a gummy or four would come in handy
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9721 on: February 26, 2021, 02:14:28 PM »

You know what is even less pleasant?  Finding out the hard way that the anesthesia doesn't work on you.  And that the gastroenterologist can't get the scope all the way through and that stabbing feeling you are experiencing (but too doped up to realize what is actually happening) is him trying to force it.

Oh, and you have to come back another time for a barium enema, and the prep for that is worse than for the colonoscopy, because it's all over-the-counter laxatives, which is much less predictable than the prescription stuff.
Have some patience, FFS.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9722 on: February 26, 2021, 02:42:08 PM »
You know what is even less pleasant?  Finding out the hard way that the anesthesia doesn't work on you.  And that the gastroenterologist can't get the scope all the way through and that stabbing feeling you are experiencing (but too doped up to realize what is actually happening) is him trying to force it.

Oh, and you have to come back another time for a barium enema, and the prep for that is worse than for the colonoscopy, because it's all over-the-counter laxatives, which is much less predictable than the prescription stuff.

I read this really fast as "all-over-the-counter laxatives"... I was wondering how someone could make such a mess!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9723 on: February 26, 2021, 03:52:38 PM »

Oof. I have had some issues a few years ago with light anesthetics not being adequate for some procedures (upper GI stuff), so they started using propofol for me. Stuff works like a charm. If they didn't use that last time, ask your docs about it next time you're due.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9724 on: February 26, 2021, 03:54:43 PM »
aside from the prep part, the colonoscopy isn't bad.  then there's the prostate biopsy...wtf?  why can't they use the same drugs for that?  i threw that at my urologist and he looked at me like...what???  you are totally awake, they stick a needle into the gland, then listen for the loud SNAP...oh, only 11-12 more of those and i still felt it.  then piss blood for a few times. 

this is where a gummy or four would come in handy

Damn, doc! That hurts just reading it. I have been fortunate enough to avoid all contact with urologists so far. If one ever gets within 100 yards of me, I might start a propofol drip on myself....