[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Asian Americans  (Read 16608 times)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
Re: Asian Americans
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2021, 09:25:00 PM »
   I believe you are wrong. They were the majority of employees of places he had previously visited. There is no evidence he had any other intentions but to shoot up the place. one of his victims was a Latino male.So it seems more like a crime of opportunity.
Murders across 3 locations and 45 minutes of driving are premeditated not opportunistic.
  How do you know his intensions of looking only for Asian spas. 
Because he drove 45 minutes to attack multiple Asian spas. I don't know where you live but there are at least 300 spas, strip joints, adult stores within 45 minutes of my house and KC is much smaller than ATL. He was hunting.
I'm no expert but perhaps you could explain the difference between asian and non-asian spas for us.
Here you are just trying to hide your ignorance and/or bigotry by trying to paint Shoothoops as someone you can look down on. Pretty lame.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 09:34:02 PM by naginiF »

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2021, 09:35:33 PM »
Racist anti-Asian hashtags spiked after Trump first tweeted ‘Chinese virus,’ study finds

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/19/trump-tweets-chinese-virus-racist/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most&carta-url=https%3A%2F%2Fs2.washingtonpost.com%2Fcar-ln-tr%2F30f51c6%2F6054ccb39d2fda4c8812bf47%2F5f8d147cae7e8a56e5b732a4%2F57%2F70%2F6054ccb39d2fda4c8812bf47

As the coronavirus spread across the globe last February, the World Health Organization urged people to avoid terms like the “Wuhan virus” or the “Chinese virus,” fearing it could spike a backlash against Asians.

President Donald Trump didn’t take the advice. On March 16, 2020, he first tweeted the phrase “Chinese virus.”

That single tweet, researchers later found, fueled exactly the kind of backlash the WHO had feared: It was followed by an avalanche of tweets using the hashtag #chinesevirus, among other anti-Asian phrases.

“The week before Trump’s tweet the dominant term [on Twitter] was #covid-19,” Yulin Hswen, an epidemiology professor at the University of California at San Francisco and a co-author of the study, told The Washington Post. “The week after his tweet, it was #chinesevirus.”

Not only did more people use the #chinesevirus hashtag days after Trump’s tweet, but those who did were more likely to include other anti-Asian hashtags in their tweets, according to the peer-reviewed study published by the American Journal of Public Health on Thursday.

The group’s findings come amid a wave of racist attacks and threats against Asian Americans, which some advocates have blamed on Trump’s anti-China rhetoric over the pandemic. Trump repeatedly referred to the disease as the “Chinese virus” and the “Kung flu” during White House briefings, campaign rallies and other public appearances.

Well here is another take on the wave of attacks against asians that differ from the Washington Posts narrative.

https://kendawg.medium.com/this-is-what-black-on-asian-crime-looks-like-ac41e740a87c

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2021, 09:52:12 PM »
Well here is another take on the wave of attacks against asians that differ from the Washington Posts narrative.

https://kendawg.medium.com/this-is-what-black-on-asian-crime-looks-like-ac41e740a87c
I've never heard of Ken Dow and, I could have missed it but, the link doesn't provide resources that would attest to his credentials. I'm familiar with the Washington Post's credentials can you tell us about Ken Dow's?

According his site I know he has 350 followers, and I can assume you are one of them, but other than that.........

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2021, 09:53:15 PM »

Yes, that is some random dude's take, you're right.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2021, 10:11:47 PM »
The guy had to choose whether he hated her more for being Asian or for being black.

Lotta tough decisions for trump's people.

Why more people don’t have you on ignore is a mystery.  For me, it’s just fun to watch you lick your chops just waiting for something to cry about and play victim along with the real victims thinking people take you seriously
don't...don't don't don't don't

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2021, 10:25:15 PM »
I tend to think this article is correct:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/03/the-flattening-of-the-atlanta-shootings.html

The rush to identify one true motive prevents us from understanding the complexities of a crime like this — and ultimately does a disservice to the victims themselves.

Mass shootings are often misunderstood, and myths about the motivations of the perpetrators, established in the hours and days after the initial event, can linger for years.

It also super befuddles me that three different massage parlors can be open, listed on "Rubmaps" as 24/7 "full service" businesses and checks a lot of "sex trafficking" boxes ... without the police just, you know, making an effort.  Kinda seems like low hanging crime fruit.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2021/03/17/atlanta-spa-shootings-illicit-reviews-massage-parlors/4737755001/

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2021, 10:44:14 PM »
Yes, that is some random asian dude's take, you're right.

There, I clarified it for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2021, 10:45:07 PM »
I tend to think this article is correct:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/03/the-flattening-of-the-atlanta-shootings.html

The rush to identify one true motive prevents us from understanding the complexities of a crime like this — and ultimately does a disservice to the victims themselves.

Mass shootings are often misunderstood, and myths about the motivations of the perpetrators, established in the hours and days after the initial event, can linger for years.

Very reasonable.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2021, 11:11:01 PM »
I've never heard of Ken Dow and, I could have missed it but, the link doesn't provide resources that would attest to his credentials. I'm familiar with the Washington Post's credentials can you tell us about Ken Dow's?

According his site I know he has 350 followers, and I can assume you are one of them, but other than that.........

What credentials does a Chinese American require to tell his story of living in a predominantly African American neighborhood. He shows a chart issued by the DOJ which clearly shows that the most common perpetrator against asians are black. Is the DOJ report any less valid then the study noted the Washington Post?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2021, 06:57:58 AM »

That article is from last July.  Honestly what is it with you and race that you get so triggered?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2021, 06:58:33 AM »
There, I clarified it for you.

Right.  Because one Asian guy speaks for all of them. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2021, 08:37:08 AM »

That article is from last July.  Honestly what is it with you and race that you get so triggered?

Because when a white man commits a crime, we need to be reminded that black men are evil too. I honestly don't think he even knows how racist his comments are as these feeling are so natural to him.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2021, 10:59:06 AM »
   I believe you are wrong. They were the majority of employees of places he had previously visited. There is no evidence he had any other intentions but to shoot up the place. one of his victims was a Latino male.So it seems more like a crime of opportunity.  How do you know his intensions of looking only for Asian spas.  I'm no expert but perhaps you could explain the difference between asian and non-asian spas for us.

This was a murder spree that was race and mysogony specific. What we know is what he did.

The facts are the shooter had ample opportunity to target a wide variety of  places to attend for his “addiction.” He specifically chose Asian places passing up lots and lots of other places.

If it was a sex addiction, why only attend Asian places for his sex addiction?

The facts are the shooter could have targeted and killed a wide variety of related places, but yet he only chose the Asian places.

Have you ever been to Atlanta?

He started in Woodstock, NW, and there he avoided some places and chose others. He traveled 45 minutes (an hour in rain or traffic) to Buckhead. Along the way he chose not to stop at the plethora of places of related opportunity in Piedmont Midtown, etc...or nearby Buckhead itself. He was arrested 150 Southeast, avoiding many other places along the way, as he was planning to kill more people in Florida.

The shooter was walking distance from other spas, adult entertainment clubs, adult novelty shops, exotic dancers, clothing boutiques.

I am not surprised by your post. Here is a small sample of some others:

On March 19th you said, “I’m totally against diversity.” “Wojo was too diverse.”

March 4, “Finding racism in everything these days is absurd.”

Jan 7, “DT did more for black people the last four years than any time in history.”

Jan 6, “Police actually shoot more white perps and unarmed Whites than blacks” (try percentage next time)

July 17 “Bigotry and racist have become synonymous with someone I don’t agree with”

July 11 “Tucker Carlson is not racist”

March 2 “The common flu levels more but doesn’t sell like the WuFlu”

“I don’t think the Indians logo is racist” “People who think only white people can be racist are a bit oversensitive” “I was a victim of reverse racism and have seen my own children be verbally attacked with racial slurs simply for being white”

Oct 23 “I think Racist is the most overused term in the English lexicon to the point where it is becoming impotent”

“I’ve never heard an outcry because a black was given a part in a movie” “I don’t think there is a conscious effort to exclude people”

Feb 29 “If diversity is so important to some, why have black awards?”

Feb 26 “Love how people ignore what the Native Americans did to each other long before white privileged European land stealer started coming here. oh and slavery was an accepted practice among the tribes as well. Still acceptable to call me honkey, cracker, snowflake etc”

March 16 “Serena Williams inspires what not to be. Richard Williams is a bigoted uncouth gravy trainer”

Dec 20 “I mainly watch Fox News for anything that reflects negatively on the (Obama) administration”

Aug 31 “Police shooting black youths is an urban myth”

July 14 “Marquette has a Gender & Sexuality Resource Center? Well I guess you have to do something with a Women’s Studies degree.”

June 14 “You guys are going way off the reservation with this racism stuff”

Jan 20 “We have to do something with all of the illegals”

Oct 10 “Why is it that white people were the only ones who run over native people and take their land”

“It seems many of these diversity programs seek more to punish and castigate than celebrate what is unique and positive in all of us.”

What we know is what the Atlanta shooter did.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 11:01:49 AM by shoothoops »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2021, 04:08:10 PM »
This was a murder spree that was race and mysogony specific. What we know is what he did.

The facts are the shooter had ample opportunity to target a wide variety of  places to attend for his “addiction.” He specifically chose Asian places passing up lots and lots of other places.

If it was a sex addiction, why only attend Asian places for his sex addiction?

The facts are the shooter could have targeted and killed a wide variety of related places, but yet he only chose the Asian places.

Have you ever been to Atlanta?

He started in Woodstock, NW, and there he avoided some places and chose others. He traveled 45 minutes (an hour in rain or traffic) to Buckhead. Along the way he chose not to stop at the plethora of places of related opportunity in Piedmont Midtown, etc...or nearby Buckhead itself. He was arrested 150 Southeast, avoiding many other places along the way, as he was planning to kill more people in Florida.

The shooter was walking distance from other spas, adult entertainment clubs, adult novelty shops, exotic dancers, clothing boutiques.

I am not surprised by your post. Here is a small sample of some others:

On March 19th you said, “I’m totally against diversity.” “Wojo was too diverse.”

March 4, “Finding racism in everything these days is absurd.”

Jan 7, “DT did more for black people the last four years than any time in history.”

Jan 6, “Police actually shoot more white perps and unarmed Whites than blacks” (try percentage next time)

July 17 “Bigotry and racist have become synonymous with someone I don’t agree with”

July 11 “Tucker Carlson is not racist”

March 2 “The common flu levels more but doesn’t sell like the WuFlu”

“I don’t think the Indians logo is racist” “People who think only white people can be racist are a bit oversensitive” “I was a victim of reverse racism and have seen my own children be verbally attacked with racial slurs simply for being white”

Oct 23 “I think Racist is the most overused term in the English lexicon to the point where it is becoming impotent”

“I’ve never heard an outcry because a black was given a part in a movie” “I don’t think there is a conscious effort to exclude people”

Feb 29 “If diversity is so important to some, why have black awards?”

Feb 26 “Love how people ignore what the Native Americans did to each other long before white privileged European land stealer started coming here. oh and slavery was an accepted practice among the tribes as well. Still acceptable to call me honkey, cracker, snowflake etc”

March 16 “Serena Williams inspires what not to be. Richard Williams is a bigoted uncouth gravy trainer”

Dec 20 “I mainly watch Fox News for anything that reflects negatively on the (Obama) administration”

Aug 31 “Police shooting black youths is an urban myth”

July 14 “Marquette has a Gender & Sexuality Resource Center? Well I guess you have to do something with a Women’s Studies degree.”

June 14 “You guys are going way off the reservation with this racism stuff”

Jan 20 “We have to do something with all of the illegals”

Oct 10 “Why is it that white people were the only ones who run over native people and take their land”

“It seems many of these diversity programs seek more to punish and castigate than celebrate what is unique and positive in all of us.”

What we know is what the Atlanta shooter did.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2021, 08:12:11 AM »
While sitting in front of a painting of a plantation, the Georgia governor signed a massive voting-rights restrictions bill into law. One of the things it criminalizes is giving water to those standing in line. That's right -- if a private citizen hands a bottle of water to a fellow Georgian who has been waiting in line for hours on a hot day, that citizen can be arrested.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/georgia-voter-restriction-law-plantation-painting?utm_term=OZY&utm_campaign=pdb&utm_content=Saturday_03.27.21&utm_source=Campaigner&utm_medium=email

Jim Crow lives!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2021, 02:53:12 PM »
Korean-owned convenience store in Charlotte is trashed. It’s not the first time.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article250389431.html?ac_cid=DM419831&ac_bid=-40811320

A man wielding a metal post came into Plaza Sundries, an Asian-owned convenience store near the Charlotte Transit Center, on Tuesday and trashed the business while yelling racial slurs.

It was hardly the first time an incident of that kind has happened, said Mark Sung, whose parents own the shop and were working there at the time.

“Chinese (expletive).” “Go back to your country.” These are among the insults Sung said his family, who are Korean, hear every day.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2021, 04:05:52 PM »
Seems to be a model citizen.

https://www.mecklenburgpublicrecords.com/mecklenburg-records-report.php?id=162510

The day after the first Antifa riots out here my wife and I were helping an Chinese man and his brother clean up their convenience store, which had been broken into and trashed the night before. He kept asking “what did I do? Why do this to me?” It was sad and infuriating at the same time.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 04:10:38 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2021, 07:01:53 PM »
Seems to be a model citizen.

https://www.mecklenburgpublicrecords.com/mecklenburg-records-report.php?id=162510

The day after the first Antifa riots out here my wife and I were helping an Chinese man and his brother clean up their convenience store, which had been broken into and trashed the night before. He kept asking “what did I do? Why do this to me?” It was sad and infuriating at the same time.

Agree that the guy sounds like a bad person and that it's sad those people you know had their store trashed.

Not sure what the gratuitous reference to antifa had to do with anything. You sure it wasn't the boogaloos?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2021, 07:22:10 PM »
While sitting in front of a painting of a plantation, the Georgia governor signed a massive voting-rights restrictions bill into law. One of the things it criminalizes is giving water to those standing in line. That's right -- if a private citizen hands a bottle of water to a fellow Georgian who has been waiting in line for hours on a hot day, that citizen can be arrested.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/georgia-voter-restriction-law-plantation-painting?utm_term=OZY&utm_campaign=pdb&utm_content=Saturday_03.27.21&utm_source=Campaigner&utm_medium=email

Jim Crow lives!

your teal button ain't working 82?  as a retired "journalist" you surely know this is not very accurate but if lester is your hero, i guess this is the "new" "journalism"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2021, 07:27:42 PM »
  your teal button ain't working 82?  as a retired "journalist" you surely know this is not very accurate but if lester is your hero, i guess this is the "new" "journalism"

Every word was accurate. Please provide evidence otherwise. Oh, and Tucker Carlson isn't "evidence."

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2021, 07:39:53 PM »
What’s not accurate about it? 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2021, 12:26:09 AM »
you can't give someone water as an incentive to vote.  besides, bring your own damn water.   

btw, new york's and delawares voter laws are stricter than georgia's

waiting to hear about boycotting china over genocide and concentratiuon camps and waiting and...no?  those things are ok?

oh, tucker don't count, but whatever our demented potus slurs off the jumbotron prompter is all good, that's if the wind don't get him on the way up

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2021, 05:53:43 AM »
you can't give someone water as an incentive to vote.  besides, bring your own damn water.   

btw, new york's and delawares voter laws are stricter than georgia's

waiting to hear about boycotting china over genocide and concentratiuon camps and waiting and...no?  those things are ok?

oh, tucker don't count, but whatever our demented potus slurs off the jumbotron prompter is all good, that's if the wind don't get him on the way up

I’m glad you’re so concerned about China.  Join me in boycotting all companies that do business with China. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2021, 06:15:08 AM »
I think the Asian Hate thing goes back to when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. Inscrutable.

Death on call

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2021, 07:42:36 AM »
I think the Asian Hate thing goes back to when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. Inscrutable.

Let's try to stick to the topic of the thread or start a new thread on movies or voting rights etc...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 07:46:37 AM by shoothoops »