[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Asian Americans  (Read 16542 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Asian Americans
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2021, 01:59:32 PM »
Friend, your response to this horrible, racist attack was to post an article about Blacks attacking Asian-Americans. That was YOUR response, nobody else's. YOU were the one who introduced race.

I just wanted to make sure that somebody offered the actual facts of this case.

Do you get it now?

Someone has to beat rocket brain to that point. ::)

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2021, 03:37:10 PM »
Anybody, black or white, who somehow blames Asian-Americans for what the Chinese Communist Party did in either recklessly or intentionally spreading COVID-19 throughout the world is a complete moron.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2021, 04:09:57 PM »
Anybody, black or white, who somehow blames Asian-Americans for what the Chinese Communist Party did in either recklessly or intentionally spreading COVID-19 throughout the world is a complete moron.

You're so close.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2021, 07:57:08 PM »
White privilege is when you murder eight innocent people and law enforcement says you "had a really bad day."

https://www.ajc.com/news/exclusive-spa-shooting-suspect-bought-gun-hours-before-deadly-spree/FEURWVYBEFBMJP7GLOQ6AQJ27A/

So, about that police officer that said the suspect in the 8 person murder was "Having a bad day," ...well...

"The Cop Who Said The Spa Shooter Had A "Bad Day" Previously Posted A Racist Shirt Blaming China For The Pandemic."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/skbaer/spa-shooter-bad-day-racist-facebook?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.thedailybeast.com/georgia-sheriff-spokesman-jay-baker-posted-racist-covid-shirts-on-facebook
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 09:02:55 PM by shoothoops »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2021, 07:57:37 PM »
dupe
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2021, 09:11:47 PM »
So, about that police officer that said the suspect in the 8 person murder was "Having a bad day," ...well...

"The Cop Who Said The Spa Shooter Had A "Bad Day" Previously Posted A Racist Shirt Blaming China For The Pandemic."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/skbaer/spa-shooter-bad-day-racist-facebook?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.thedailybeast.com/georgia-sheriff-spokesman-jay-baker-posted-racist-covid-shirts-on-facebook

Cop just had a bad day himself.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2021, 09:22:09 PM »

Kung Flu!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2021, 10:15:23 PM »
Early indications are that this is more a case of religiously-oppressed-incel-murders-those-that-tempt-him than racially motivated. Could be both I suppose.
What religion was that?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2021, 09:18:32 AM »

The mass murderer was white. How bad could he be?

We should be talking about all of the evil people walking around wearing hoodies.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2021, 09:39:19 AM »
Speaking of Asian Americans, a Texas Man was arrested outside of VP Kamala Harris' Naval Observatory Residence yesterday. (It's undergoing renovations, so they are staying temporarily at Blair House)

The Man was in possession of an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, 113 rounds of unregistered ammunition, and five 30 round magazines, according to a DC Police Report.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1372354134867861504?s=19
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 09:48:20 AM by shoothoops »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2021, 10:17:56 AM »
Speaking of Asian Americans, a Texas Man was arrested outside of VP Kamala Harris' Naval Observatory Residence yesterday. (It's undergoing renovations, so they are staying temporarily at Blair House)

The Man was in possession of an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, 113 rounds of unregistered ammunition, and five 30 round magazines, according to a DC Police Report.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1372354134867861504?s=19

While it is messed up, I doubt that VP Harris was targeted because of her Asian ancestry.

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2021, 10:29:23 AM »
As of right now Foxnews.com doesn't have this story anywhere on it's home page. The lead story is about the evils of critical race theory.

Almost like they are purposely feeding their audience fear and reasons to discount racist attacks and domestic violence.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2021, 11:09:07 AM »
While it is messed up, I doubt that VP Harris was targeted because of her Asian ancestry.

I stated a fact that happened yesterday. This is a thread about Asian Americans and the increased incidents against them this past year.

For example, an additional fact is that this same Texas Man reported in Oct 2020 that he was drugged and poisoned on a recent trip to Japan.

What we do know is this man was arrested outside of her VP residence yesterday with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle with 113 rounds of ammunition and five 30 round magazines.

It's also been reported by a leading Korean newspaper (that has local reporters on the scene, in Atlanta) that the Atlanta shooter told witnesses that he wanted to kill all Asians. That may or may not be the case. What we do know is that the Atlanta shooter blamed Asian Americans for his problems, and, he specifically went out and killed several Asian Americans in multiple locations, 45 minutes apart, seeking additional locations to visit in another state.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2021, 11:17:42 AM »
I stated a fact that happened yesterday. This is a thread about Asian Americans and the increased incidents against them this past year.

For example, an additional fact is that this same Texas Man reported in Oct 2020 that he was drugged and poisoned on a recent trip to Japan.

What we do know is this man was arrested outside of her VP residence yesterday with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle with 113 rounds of ammunition and five 30 round magazines.

It's also been reported by a leading Korean newspaper (that has local reporters on the scene, in Atlanta) that the Atlanta shooter told witnesses that he wanted to kill all Asians. That may or may not be the case. What we do know is that the Atlanta shooter blamed Asian Americans for his problems, and, he specifically went out and killed several Asian Americans in multiple locations, 45 minutes apart, seeking additional locations to visit in another state.

I was implying that you're drawing a line to join the two that doesn't exist.  She was targeted because she was VP.  I'd lay cash that the guy that menaced her doesn't even know she is half Asian.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2021, 11:32:16 AM »
I was implying that you're drawing a line to join the two that doesn't exist.  She was targeted because she was VP.  I'd lay cash that the guy that menaced her doesn't even know she is half Asian.

No, you did that. I merely stated a fact. (Multiple actually) You are the only one here definitively concluding motives without all of the facts.

What I have done is initiate a thread about the over 4,000 reported incidents against Asian Americans over the past year.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:35:17 AM by shoothoops »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2021, 11:37:57 AM »
No, you did that. I merely stated a fact. (Multiple actually) You are the only one here definitively concluding motives without all of the facts.

What I have done is initiate a thread about the over 4,000 reported incidents against Asian Americans over the past year.

I'm not definitively concluding anything.  I chose my words carefully.

Why would you bring up a potential attack on the VP of the US in the Asian Americans thread if you're not trying to tie the two together?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2021, 11:47:36 AM »
I'm not definitively concluding anything.  I chose my words carefully.

Why would you bring up a potential attack on the VP of the US in the Asian Americans thread if you're not trying to tie the two together?

You are doing the same thing again.

This is a thread about Asian Americans, and the incidents towards them. She's Asian American. A man with massive amounts of weapon ammunition was arrested outside of her home.

Those are facts. Those facts fall within the thread title and topic. I wasn't interested in starting a new thread about Japan drug poisoning or threats to the VP of the United States.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 11:51:16 AM by shoothoops »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2021, 12:01:00 PM »
You are doing the same thing again.

This is a thread about Asian Americans, and the incidents towards them. She's Asian American. A man with massive amounts of weapon ammunition was arrested outside of her home.

Those are facts. Those facts fall within the thread title and topic. I wasn't interested in starting a new thread about Japan drug poisoning or threats to the VP of the United States.

Oh, no, I get what you're saying.  So any news story from here on out that contains anyone of Asian descent goes here.  Got it.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2021, 12:08:11 PM »
Oh, no, I get what you're saying.  So any news story from here on out that contains anyone of Asian descent goes here.  Got it.

At least you are extremely consistent.

Any news story? See, that is something you inserted there on your own, just as you have a few other times now.

Incidents towards/against? Yes.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 12:14:40 PM by shoothoops »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2021, 12:21:30 PM »

The guy had to choose whether he hated her more for being Asian or for being black.

Lotta tough decisions for trump's people.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2021, 12:22:01 PM »
As of right now Foxnews.com doesn't have this story anywhere on it's home page. The lead story is about the evils of critical race theory.

Almost like they are purposely feeding their audience fear and reasons to discount racist attacks and domestic violence.

Almost???

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2021, 12:26:16 PM »

the officer was quoting what the killer said to investigators, he was not giving his opinion or trying to downplay the severity of the situation. Here's the whole video with proper context:

https://twitter.com/CathyYoung63/status/1372472820454862853
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2021, 12:36:06 PM »
Almost???
Lest we forget who the real victims are.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2021, 01:12:32 PM »
the officer was quoting what the killer said to investigators, he was not giving his opinion or trying to downplay the severity of the situation. Here's the whole video with proper context:

https://twitter.com/CathyYoung63/status/1372472820454862853

Doesn't matter. He should have said "we caught a mass murderer and he will be prosecuted fully" Full stop. We all have bad days. We are almost 100% NOT mass murderers. It was one on the most incredibly stupid and insensitive comments I have ever heard. He comment showed more sympathy for the murderer than he showed for the victims.

Selling racist tee-shirts doesn't help the officer's image either.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2021, 01:24:58 PM »
Jay Baker’s comments were widely criticized as inappropriate and insensitive to the victims. All he had to do was say something before or after relaying something said by the shooter, or not mention it at all. To mention it without saying before or after that this is simply what the shooter said, and this or that is yet to be determined is part of the problem he created for himself.

He said nothing either way about the Korean newspaper reports that the shooter “Wanted to kill all Asians.”  He said nothing about how the shooter blamed a race for his problems and then set out to kill several members of that race over a 45 minute distance. He said nothing about how the shooter avoided many other opportunities in that 45 minute geography. He has also yet to address his own racist comments and actions that he has since deleted on social media.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 01:31:12 PM by shoothoops »

feedback