collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Looking for a CPA  (Read 2078 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Looking for a CPA
« on: May 05, 2021, 01:19:44 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations in the Madison area for a CPA that can handle our commercial and personal taxes?  We are dissatisfied with our current CPA and are exploring our options.  We are loyal customers (21 years with our current agency) but have become frustrated with the lack of knowledge and oversight that we are being provided.  It seems that, annually, we are stuck auditing our agency's work and finding out that major mistakes are made, and major exemptions are being ignored. 

Willing to pay for peace of mind.  MU grad preferred, but not required.  Just looking for someone experienced and reputable.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Looking for a CPA
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 02:07:34 PM »
You trust Scoop that much? :)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 02:14:14 PM »
You trust Scoop that much? :)

More than I trust our CPA to do the job.  Yes.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 02:15:11 PM »
Chick's retired.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 02:39:10 PM »
She’ll take payment by Ben & Jerry’s.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 06:34:55 PM »
I'll take payment via Scoop NFTs

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 07:07:47 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations in the Madison area for a CPA that can handle our commercial and personal taxes?  We are dissatisfied with our current CPA and are exploring our options.  We are loyal customers (21 years with our current agency) but have become frustrated with the lack of knowledge and oversight that we are being provided.  It seems that, annually, we are stuck auditing our agency's work and finding out that major mistakes are made, and major exemptions are being ignored. 

Willing to pay for peace of mind.  MU grad preferred, but not required.  Just looking for someone experienced and reputable.

When I left Madison 3.5 yrs ago I had an excellent accountant over on University Ave. by the name of Steve Broyles.  He was well versed in commercial, corporate, trust, and  all areas of personal taxes.  Unfortunately, he recently sold his company to Apel Associates and I honestly don't know much about their accountants.  I may have a colleague that is using them now and would be happy to ask him what he thinks?  The head of the firm is Kari Apel if you're looking for some preliminary information.  Good luck and take care.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 07:12:03 PM by MuggsyB »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 08:39:36 PM »
When I left Madison 3.5 yrs ago I had an excellent accountant over on University Ave. by the name of Steve Broyles.  He was well versed in commercial, corporate, trust, and  all areas of personal taxes.  Unfortunately, he recently sold his company to Apel Associates and I honestly don't know much about their accountants.  I may have a colleague that is using them now and would be happy to ask him what he thinks?  The head of the firm is Kari Apel if you're looking for some preliminary information.  Good luck and take care.

Thanks, I'll check them out.  Appreciate it!

LON

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2021, 10:12:51 AM »

Sent you a PM.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 10:19:29 AM »
Kant goe rong wit Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 10:26:17 AM »
What a coincidence.   That is the name of my dentist.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2021, 10:45:09 AM »
Sent you a PM.

The tshirts with your profile picture on them were the best Marquette gear ever created.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LON

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 11:04:47 AM »
The tshirts with your profile picture on them were the best Marquette gear ever created.

Yeah I messed up and never got one of them...if they're floating around the interwebz and you got a link send it my way!

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2021, 11:24:34 AM »
Believe it or not, I got my tax guy off Scoop 7 or 8 years ago. He's great, fellow MU alum and a CPA. But he works out of Virginia (I am in Illinois, it is no problem, we do everything virtually).

PM me if you'd like his info.