[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 151803 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021-22 Thread
« Reply #875 on: January 06, 2022, 11:58:00 AM »
The myth that Joey was gonna be a college star have been exposed -- not by Wojo or Izzo, but by Joey himself.

As I said, it looks like he's settled into his role: Hit the occasional 3, grab a few defensive boards, make a decent pass (and a couple not-so-decent passes), cheer from the bench (or pout, if that's still his way) when MSU needs defensive stops. There are worse ways to earn a scholly. Izzo seems to have a good fix on how and when to deploy the kid.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #876 on: January 12, 2022, 08:08:07 PM »
Joey Hauser game winner, lololol

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #877 on: January 12, 2022, 08:08:33 PM »
Joey was a traffic cone on D

But he caught the awesome dump of pass and got the winner
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #878 on: January 12, 2022, 08:48:36 PM »
Nice game winner for Joey.

Roy Williams enjoying retirement from UNC, He and his wife Wanda were in the crowd tonight in East Lansing.

https://www.wxyz.com/sports/joey-hauser-hits-buzzer-beater-and-michigan-state-tops-minnesota
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #879 on: January 12, 2022, 09:29:02 PM »
Joey Hauser game winner, lololol

He did a good job making himself available for the pass.

He's played his role a lot better the last month or so.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #880 on: January 12, 2022, 10:46:16 PM »
Joey was a traffic cone on D

But he caught the awesome dump of pass and got the winner

He’s never gonna be Tony Allen.  But he played well down the stretch. Had a really nice wrap around pocket pass for a big bucket late

MU82

• All American
« Reply #881 on: January 13, 2022, 07:59:41 AM »
He’s never gonna be Tony Allen.  But he played well down the stretch. Had a really nice wrap around pocket pass for a big bucket late

I wasn't being the least bit sarcastic with my previous comment. Joey has played his role well the last month or so: screen-setter, court-spreader, defensive rebounder and occasional scorer.

He gets 25% fewer shots per game now than he did when The Cancer wouldn't give him the ball at MU, but to his credit he realized that he wasn't gonna succeed with a letter-writing campaign to Izzo so he bought into what Izzo wanted him to be.

I'm serious about "to his credit." It's not easy for an athlete, especially a heralded one, to totally eat his ego as Joey's has had to do at MSU. He came out of high school as the next great thing -- "Wait till you see this guy! He's even better than Sam!" And when he went to Michigan State it was, "Markus and Wojo failed him ... just wait till Izzo unlocks his potential!"

The first month or more of this season, Izzo couldn't have him on the court down the stretch in close games. Joey was too bad on defense and made too many boneheaded plays on offense. But the last few weeks, Izzo has been playing Joey down the stretch because he can help spread the court, he's a big body, he makes free throws and he makes himself available for passes on the block. Izzo will still do the defensive sub for him, which is only smart, but then he'll get Joey back in on offense.

Joey's had quite the basketball career so far. He has gone from highly recruited prep superstar ... to offensive weapon at Marquette ... to useless, pouty, turnover machine at Marquette ... to redshirt in street clothes who was gonna show everybody what Wojo threw away ... to ego-shattered whipping boy who was getting mocked by Michigan State fans ... to useful role player.

I'll never "like" him because of his outsized role in helping ruin a potentially outstanding season, but I could see him being a 15-and-8 kind of player next season if he keeps making progress.

He's got some offensive talent, obviously, he always has. We'll see what it amounts to.

tower912

• All American
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:46:57 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #883 on: January 13, 2022, 03:59:39 PM »
I wasn't being the least bit sarcastic with my previous comment. Joey has played his role well the last month or so: screen-setter, court-spreader, defensive rebounder and occasional scorer.

He gets 25% fewer shots per game now than he did when The Cancer wouldn't give him the ball at MU, but to his credit he realized that he wasn't gonna succeed with a letter-writing campaign to Izzo so he bought into what Izzo wanted him to be.

I'm serious about "to his credit." It's not easy for an athlete, especially a heralded one, to totally eat his ego as Joey's has had to do at MSU. He came out of high school as the next great thing -- "Wait till you see this guy! He's even better than Sam!" And when he went to Michigan State it was, "Markus and Wojo failed him ... just wait till Izzo unlocks his potential!"

The first month or more of this season, Izzo couldn't have him on the court down the stretch in close games. Joey was too bad on defense and made too many boneheaded plays on offense. But the last few weeks, Izzo has been playing Joey down the stretch because he can help spread the court, he's a big body, he makes free throws and he makes himself available for passes on the block. Izzo will still do the defensive sub for him, which is only smart, but then he'll get Joey back in on offense.

Joey's had quite the basketball career so far. He has gone from highly recruited prep superstar ... to offensive weapon at Marquette ... to useless, pouty, turnover machine at Marquette ... to redshirt in street clothes who was gonna show everybody what Wojo threw away ... to ego-shattered whipping boy who was getting mocked by Michigan State fans ... to useful role player.

I'll never "like" him because of his outsized role in helping ruin a potentially outstanding season, but I could see him being a 15-and-8 kind of player next season if he keeps making progress.

He's got some offensive talent, obviously, he always has. We'll see what it amounts to.

Well put. Joey has settled into his role over the last several weeks and the Spartans are winning.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #884 on: January 15, 2022, 01:12:38 PM »
If you have Twitter, search Joey Hauser today as Northwestern beats Michigan State
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #885 on: January 15, 2022, 01:15:06 PM »
C'mon, he had a game winner earlier this week.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #886 on: January 15, 2022, 01:17:29 PM »

Yeah, they’ve forgotten that quickly, lol
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #887 on: January 15, 2022, 01:57:42 PM »

A game winner that I coulda made.

I guess congrats he doesnt have Kurs hands and caught the beautiful dime
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #888 on: January 15, 2022, 02:47:21 PM »
A game winner that I coulda made.

I guess congrats he doesnt have Kurs hands and caught the beautiful dime

His 3 pts weren't enough vs Northwestern.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #889 on: January 15, 2022, 03:20:19 PM »
Joey made a pass to a teammate for the potential game time basket at the end of the game, the teammate got fouled and missed the free throws . Game over. Bad home loss for The Spartans.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2022/01/15/michigan-state-basketball-game-score-northwestern-recap/6539836001/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #890 on: January 15, 2022, 05:55:56 PM »
His 3 pts weren't enough vs Northwestern.

Be nice. Also had 1 whole rebound in 21 minutes.

To go with 2 turnovers and 4 fouls.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #891 on: January 15, 2022, 09:50:01 PM »
Be nice. Also had 1 whole rebound in 21 minutes.

To go with 2 turnovers and 4 fouls.
Oh sure, ignore the 2 assists an$ 2 blocks. Stat sheet stuffer!  ;D

MU82

• All American
« Reply #892 on: January 15, 2022, 10:01:19 PM »
Oh sure, ignore the 2 assists an$ 2 blocks. Stat sheet stuffer!  ;D

He is the master of the septuple-single.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
                       ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #894 on: January 18, 2022, 07:55:15 AM »
Always taught da dude wood play inn da Association, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #895 on: January 18, 2022, 08:12:04 AM »
Always taught da dude wood play inn da Association's official minor league system, hey?

FIFY

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #896 on: January 18, 2022, 09:10:43 AM »
Brother MU hit the nail right on the head. Hot shot out of high school, disruptor of the Wojo legend at Marquette and now role player at Michigan State University.

If I were Joey (and I'm clearly not), I'd be studying hard in those classes I'm taking at Michigan State. Why? To prepare for life without basketball. It's coming a lot sooner than Joey or his cheerleaders think.

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #897 on: January 18, 2022, 09:22:56 AM »
I love reading all the hate and vitriol towards Joey Hauser coming from Scoopers who fancy themselves good people, and, in reality, are anything but.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #898 on: January 18, 2022, 09:24:42 AM »
Brother MU hit the nail right on the head. Hot shot out of high school, disruptor of the Wojo legend at Marquette and now role player at Michigan State University.

If I were Joey (and I'm clearly not), I'd be studying hard in those classes I'm taking at Michigan State. Why? To prepare for life without basketball. It's coming a lot sooner than Joey or his cheerleaders think.

Joey will get paid to play basketball for a decade or more, barring injury. It just might not be on this continent.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #899 on: January 18, 2022, 09:28:49 AM »
FIFY

He has played in the Association. And I expect him to play in the Association again. He has a very in-demand skill that most do not have.

Joey will get paid to play basketball for a decade or more, barring injury. It just might not be on this continent.

I agree with that. I mean, Dwight Burke made a good buck for a decade. Joey has some skill.

I love reading all the hate and vitriol towards Joey Hauser coming from Scoopers who fancy themselves good people, and, in reality, are anything but.

That's funny coming from a guy who spews nothing but hate toward our alma mater. Joey Hauser's the one you "love"? Surprised, given that he spurned your beloved Madison team not once but twice.