[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 151796 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Hauser Brothers 2021-22 Thread
« Reply #850 on: December 30, 2021, 07:11:12 AM »
Not defending the quitter here, but:
1. Do we know he's not vaccinated?
2. How many of the NBA players in the Covid protocol are vaccinated?

1. His vaccination status was discussed earlier in the thread. Nobody "knows" for certain, but the combination of now-deleted social-media posts in which he expressed anti-vax sentiments and the length of his required quarantine led to the reasonable conclusion that he's unvaccinated.

2. That information might or might not be out there for those who want to research it.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #851 on: December 30, 2021, 07:42:45 AM »
1. His vaccination status was discussed earlier in the thread. Nobody "knows" for certain, but the combination of now-deleted social-media posts in which he expressed anti-vax sentiments and the length of his required quarantine led to the reasonable conclusion that he's unvaccinated.

2. That information might or might not be out there for those who want to research it.
He was in the NBA protocol for 10 days, which was the standard time for vaccinated  players who had Covid. According to a press release 97% of the NBA players were vaccinated. That would leave about 15 or so players that were unvaccinated. Odds are, he is.

Now I need to shower after defending the quitter.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #852 on: December 30, 2021, 07:51:49 AM »
Iz he allowed ta play in NY, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #853 on: December 30, 2021, 08:30:49 AM »
Iz he allowed ta play in NY, hey?

Visiting unvaccinated players are allowed to play in NY.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #854 on: December 30, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »
See, that's just more hypocrisy, then, with this fluster and the rules of behavior, aina?

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #855 on: December 30, 2021, 08:46:21 AM »
See, that's just more hypocrisy, then, with this fluster and the rules of behavior, aina?

I would be fine if it were limited to all players.  But my guess is the city felt that it was easier to deal with New York based teams that play 40+ games at home.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #856 on: December 30, 2021, 08:53:23 AM »
You're correct. But again, this all speaks to the illogical and nonsensical rules that people concoct in their heads and then convince others that it is undeniable truth. This entire mess for the past 2 years has shown how sheepish and weak most people really are, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #857 on: December 30, 2021, 09:01:03 AM »
This entire mess for the past 2 years has shown how sheepish and weak most people really are, hey?

Yep.  Near the top of that list are graduates of Marquette Dental School.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #858 on: December 30, 2021, 09:05:26 AM »
You're correct. But again, this all speaks to the illogical and nonsensical rules that people concoct in their heads and then convince others that it is undeniable truth. This entire mess for the past 2 years has shown how sheepish and weak most people really are, hey?

Yeah, and a lot of them are dead and buried by their loved ones.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #859 on: December 30, 2021, 09:08:25 AM »
This entire mess for the past 2 years has shown how sheepish and weak selfish most people really are, hey?

FIFY

MU82

• All American
« Reply #860 on: December 30, 2021, 11:05:57 AM »
He was in the NBA protocol for 10 days, which was the standard time for vaccinated  players who had Covid. According to a press release 97% of the NBA players were vaccinated. That would leave about 15 or so players that were unvaccinated. Odds are, he is.

Now I need to shower after defending the quitter.

Fair. Some started by saying "if it's true" and then it became accepted truth after his deleted posts were revealed. I'll definitely go back to "if it's true" if I talk about that issue again at all regarding Sam. I hope we don't have to talk about it again, though.

As with all former Marquette guys now in the NBA, I wish him success ... despite him quitting on our program.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #861 on: December 30, 2021, 12:47:50 PM »

I would be fine if it were limited to all players.  But my guess is the city felt that it was easier to deal with New York based teams that play 40+ games at home.

it would be easier?  well yeah, but what about all those "super spreaders' invading the city?  why can't kyrie play just a few games for the nets then?  he's probably coming in from jersey, just like a visiting player eyn'a?

i'd call new york on their vaccination discrimination.  run around on the floor breathing and spitting all over everyone, then go to the bench to wear a mask, sometimes, sometimes not covering the nose.  then pull it off to scream out instructions or a cheer.  hug, shake hands, fist bump...but don't get too close to post game interview people, then walk off floor arm in arm. 

you're just not as smart as all those voices in your head tell you flooffer-
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #862 on: December 30, 2021, 01:00:41 PM »
it would be easier?  well yeah, but what about all those "super spreaders' invading the city?  why can't kyrie play just a few games for the nets then?  he's probably coming in from jersey, just like a visiting player eyn'a?

i'd call new york on their vaccination discrimination.  run around on the floor breathing and spitting all over everyone, then go to the bench to wear a mask, sometimes, sometimes not covering the nose.  then pull it off to scream out instructions or a cheer.  hug, shake hands, fist bump...but don't get too close to post game interview people, then walk off floor arm in arm. 

9 of 10
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #863 on: December 30, 2021, 01:00:46 PM »

You are exceedingly strange.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #864 on: December 30, 2021, 01:13:50 PM »
Fair. Some started by saying "if it's true" and then it became accepted truth after his deleted posts were revealed. I'll definitely go back to "if it's true" if I talk about that issue again at all regarding Sam. I hope we don't have to talk about it again, though.

Or he just supported and defended a pro athlete he unfailing liked, as with many in WI when it comes to Rodgers. 

I also personally know double digit people who don’t love the idea of the vaccine or mandates or whatnot…but are fully vaxxed themselves for any number of reasons.  It’s not always black and white

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #865 on: December 30, 2021, 01:37:25 PM »
Or he just supported and defended a pro athlete he unfailing liked, as with many in WI when it comes to Rodgers. 

I also personally know double digit people who don’t love the idea of the vaccine or mandates or whatnot…but are fully vaxxed themselves for any number of reasons.  It’s not always black and white

When your day consists of watching CNN and posting hot takes and NYT articles on Scoop, your world view is pretty myopic.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #866 on: January 03, 2022, 11:41:52 AM »
10 points, 9 boards, 4/4 from the line, and a +21 in 28 minutes for Joey in MSU's comeback road victory yesterday. Highest +/- on the team once again.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #867 on: January 03, 2022, 11:51:26 AM »
10 points, 9 boards, 4/4 from the line, and a +21 in 28 minutes for Joey in MSU's comeback road victory yesterday. Highest +/- on the team once again.
His 2-5 shooting raised his FG% to 37.5%. Nothing but a role player.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #868 on: January 03, 2022, 11:52:02 AM »

Looks like he had a good game, and MSU needed it from him.

Meanwhile, Sam got 6 minutes (0-1 with 1 assist) in Boston's 2OT win over Orlando.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #869 on: January 03, 2022, 12:23:33 PM »
His 2-5 shooting raised his FG% to 37.5%. Nothing but a role player.

Izzo-Dukiet has wisely reduced him to a role player.  He’s gotten more minutes here recently because of covid running through the Spartans.  His minutes, usage and shots are down versus last year. 

That’s a good spot for him.  He can still be a scorer in spots and solid rebounder for Michigan State and limit his defensive liabilities
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #870 on: January 06, 2022, 08:51:01 AM »
Joey with 3 points 8 rebounds and 5 assists in Spartans win over the Huskers
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #871 on: January 06, 2022, 09:48:09 AM »
Joey with 3 points 8 rebounds and 5 assists in Spartans win over the Huskers

Another triple-single!

Actually sounds like another effective game, even if he didn't score. This last stretch looks like he's finding his little niche with the team.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #872 on: January 06, 2022, 10:05:46 AM »
Another triple-single!

Actually sounds like another effective game, even if he didn't score. This last stretch looks like he's finding his little niche with the team.
Similar to the role that Draymond Green Juan Toscano Anderson plays for the Warriors. Tied for 8th in scoring this game, getting the easy rebounds. 3 Turnovers in 21 minutes.

And I agree with KenPom that plus minus for college basketball is pretty worthless.
https://kenpom.com/blog/a-treatise-on-plusminus/

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 10:10:10 AM by lawdog77 »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #873 on: January 06, 2022, 11:25:56 AM »
Another triple-single!

Yes, another game that for all of Wojos faults proves Wojo used Joey correctly.

Joey may finally be realizing this 3 years later.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #874 on: January 06, 2022, 11:50:37 AM »
The myth that Joey was gonna be a college star have been exposed -- not by Wojo or Izzo, but by Joey himself.

As I said, it looks like he's settled into his role: Hit the occasional 3, grab a few defensive boards, make a decent pass (and a couple not-so-decent passes), cheer from the bench (or pout, if that's still his way) when MSU needs defensive stops. There are worse ways to earn a scholly. Izzo seems to have a good fix on how and when to deploy the kid.

feedback