[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: O.J. Simpson  (Read 1445 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: O.J. Simpson
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2024, 10:34:05 PM »
Man, Norm MacDonald was funny as f%ck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SSVIg4Noqc
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2024, 10:57:25 PM »
Did you steal his girl or something?

I have no idea, but like half of his posting history is following me around.  It's kinda funny tbh.

Also, there's like a 75% chance it is one of my friends trolling me.

At least that'd be funny instead of sad.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2024, 09:00:28 AM »
Man, Norm MacDonald was funny as f%ck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SSVIg4Noqc

My favorite comedian - ever.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2024, 11:43:26 AM »

A few of 'em were fall-down-laughing stuff. Even the groaners made me laugh, though.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2024, 03:07:21 PM »
One of the difficulties of the OJ trial was we turned it into a morality play governing the relationship between African-Americans and Caucasians in Los Angeles. If OJ won, it supposedly was a win for African-Americans against "the system." If he lost, oppression reigned.

Nothing could be further from truth.

Attorney Cochran used race and the relationship between the Los Angeles Police and the African-American community to instill reasonable doubt in the minds of jurors. As I said before, Cochran was outstanding at what he did and was able to free OJ. The only persons who won in the trial were OJ -- and probably Cochran, F. Lee Bailey, the Kardashians and any other lawyer who represented the Juice.

The African-American community didn't win. Their suffering and their abuse at the hands of a barbaric police department was exploited by Cochran. Their lives didn't get any better because of the visibility from the OJ trial. South Central LA is still a problem and that's not going to change.

We all suffered from this trial because we were exposed to the Kardashians. OJ should burn in hell for that alone!

Explained here. It’s the Bills fault:
https://x.com/eriklambert1/status/881267332735258626?s=46&t=wj-kQtLCLPNb9xDTKbHRvQ

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2024, 03:09:35 PM »
What may be glossed over a bit here is that the LA police department and district attorney's office handled this case in a way that opened the door for OJ to beat the system, and it reflected on the biggest stage possible the systemic problems within those agencies that led to actual unfair treatment and unequal justice for those who couldn't afford Johnnie Cochran. People didn't see OJ as a Black guy beating the system. They also saw him as a Black guy the system would work against, despite his wealth and fame.

I don't doubt that OJ was guilty, but those looking for reasonable doubt - and the jurors clearly were - had it teed up for them by the cops and prosecutors ... the failure to collect and preserve evidence from the scene, the improper storage of evidence, errors with the autopsies, making Mark Fuhrman a key witness, the glove catastrophe, etc.
To suggest this was simply jurors nullifying a slam-dunk case ignores how mishandled the whole thing was.

Heard a great quote after the trial. It just goes to show what happens when the LAPD tries to frame a guilty man.

Back in the day I experienced DWB at the hands of the LAPD. An African-American friend of mine was driving when we got pulled over in his BMW. I was in a suit. He was dressed in T-shirt and jeans. They separated us. The policeman told me it’s OK you’re safe now. You can tell us what happened. They thought I was carjacked because I was dressed, nicer, and white in the upscale car.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2024, 03:13:54 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2024, 03:22:11 PM »
I love the Meadows skit after the verdict.
https://youtu.be/M1mAfCNbf4I?si=-5pduPkIXeW1JFGJ

Forgot about that one - funny.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2024, 05:28:25 PM »

The best episodes of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee are:

1. Eddie Murphy
2. Norm

You can find them on YouTube if you haven’t seen them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow