collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: EV's  (Read 20146 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: EV's
« Reply #500 on: April 17, 2024, 01:24:19 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for solar on rooftops and anywhere else that's possible.  I struggle when it's suddenly more important than farmland or open space.

Then you're a dunce.  The US has an abundance of farmland, and we grow far more food than we need.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #501 on: April 17, 2024, 01:25:09 PM »
Does your utility actually send you money?  I got a quote for installing last year, but CO (Xcel) just credits you the kWh you produce on your bill**.  I already have a large negative balance because of a heat pump install credit, so I need to wait about another year until that gets used up.   

** There is apparently an option for cash-out at the end of every year, but it's also only the "wholesale" rate.  Plus, I have exclusively electric heat, so December pay out vs Dec solar production makes no sense in CO.

I thought they were legally obligated to pay you out.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #502 on: April 17, 2024, 02:10:40 PM »
I thought they were legally obligated to pay you out.

For solar production?  That may vary by state.  As mentioned, I *would* have that option (once, annually), but the payout is very low compared to retail electric rates vs a 1-1 kW credit if taken ...as credits.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #503 on: April 18, 2024, 08:09:42 AM »
Analysts, always late to the game, are now finally downgrading TSLA stock as its price falls toward $150.

I read a good line on social media today:

Half the country hates EVs, and the other half hates Elon Musk.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #504 on: April 18, 2024, 09:23:05 AM »
Analysts, always late to the game, are now finally downgrading TSLA stock as its price falls toward $150.

"Sorry Tesla workers, we need to lay off 14,000 of you to make the company more competitive. And also, shareholders need to vote to give me a $56B pay package after the courts struck down my $47B pay package. Thanks."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #505 on: April 18, 2024, 09:28:40 AM »
"Sorry Tesla workers, we need to lay off 14,000 of you to make the company more competitive. And also, shareholders need to vote to give me a $56B pay package after the courts struck down my $47B pay package. Thanks."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #506 on: April 18, 2024, 11:45:51 AM »

I don't think its that they are late to the game, they need to wait till their bank or firm has closed their TSLA longs or gotten short positions in place.  The days of upgrades/downgrades being anything more than biased/monied momentum shift tools is long gone, IMO.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #507 on: April 18, 2024, 12:40:58 PM »

This is a play to secure job security right? Issue him more stock control?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #508 on: April 18, 2024, 09:56:18 PM »

sometimes that's business.  it might actually give the stock a little short term boost

businesses are also figuring out the gubmint can't force people to buy things they don't want or cannot afford

I also saw this coming a couple of months ago and sold my Tesla stock accordingly...one of the few times I can honestly say that I timed one right
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #510 on: April 19, 2024, 08:32:28 AM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #511 on: April 19, 2024, 09:13:23 AM »
https://x.com/phil_lewis_/status/1781294777830432868?s=46&t=QSiaGcOIKZrrpw0ciZkI5Q

If the cybertruck looks like the brainchild of an emotionally stunted 12-year-old boy, it's because it is.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #512 on: April 19, 2024, 06:29:25 PM »

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #513 on: April 20, 2024, 01:09:11 PM »
A neighbor has one. It looks like someone painted a rat rod

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #514 on: April 20, 2024, 03:08:18 PM »
One of the guys I golf with ordered a new Tesla today.  Made fun of him for driving an EV but congratulated him on owning the LIBS
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #515 on: April 21, 2024, 12:22:18 PM »
From the Wall Street Journal:

For years, the biggest cohort of Tesla's buyers, politically speaking, has been Democrats. But when Elon Musk took a hard turn last fall, they didn’t follow him. The proportion of Democrats buying Teslas fell by more than 60%, according to car buyers surveyed in October and November by researcher Strategic Vision. Tesla has since made up ground with blue buyers, but the dramatic drop highlights the risk hanging over Tesla with an increasingly political CEO, writes the WSJ's Tim Higgins. All eyes will be on the carmaker's earnings report later this week, as investors scrutinize how it is contending with a slowing EV market.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #516 on: April 22, 2024, 09:25:56 AM »
A neighbor has one. It looks like someone painted a rat rod

The ones that I have seen are all modded.  Honestly, have not seen one that is stock metal color.  Wrapped seems to be the most common.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #517 on: April 24, 2024, 10:42:07 AM »
My neighbors is white. That’s the only one I’ve seen.