[Today at 04:47:29 PM]

Big Week for Markus by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:54:58 PM]

TK/Oso Summer League by Skatastrophy
[Today at 11:55:47 AM]

Men's Basketball Scholarships Increases to 15 in 2025-26 by bilsu
[Today at 11:52:47 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Adios  (Read 1174 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Adios
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2024, 04:40:11 PM »
You don't think his ego is telling him that he needs to rip into the new candidate? I personally hope he does, and it costs him the election.

He will talk about it. Say he wants to. Brag about his likely performance. But won’t.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2024, 04:44:30 PM »
You don't think his ego is telling him that he needs to rip into the new candidate? I personally hope he does, and it costs him the election.

As with the primaries, he knows he'd have nothing to gain from it.
Hope I'm wrong.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2024, 04:51:59 PM »
This feels like when Wojo was fired.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2024, 04:53:44 PM »
I’ve reported all of u a holes to the mods
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2024, 05:01:19 PM »

Reported for un-christian language

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2024, 05:04:40 PM »
I self reported , so.my internal punishment will suffice

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2024, 05:06:51 PM »
Fourth grade Jay Bee.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2024, 05:09:39 PM »
Democrats played this beautifully. Let Republicans nominate a candidate who could only beat Biden, then they threw Biden under the bus….

Republicans will now lose Presidency, House and Senate and Dems will march unrestrained to communism.

This sucks for our country.

Indeed, Communism. Yes indeed.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2024, 05:10:50 PM »
Keep in mind the broader implications. For example, Sherrod Brown might be the only D who can win a Senate seat in Ohio; if you take him away you might sacrifice control of the Senate. Same with John Kelly in Arizona. Would another D win the governor’s race in Pennsylvania if you took Shapiro away? Maybe, maybe not.

One name I’ve heard repeatedly is NC Gov Roy Cooper. He won NC twice - and rather easily in 2020 - even though Trump won the state both times. He’s seen as fairly moderate. And he’s term-limited, so he can’t run again this year even if he wanted to. He’s a little boring - certainly not a dynamic speaker - but maybe boring would be seen as pretty good in this situation.

Cooper. Never thought of him but you make some good points.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2024, 05:19:01 PM »
He will talk about it. Say he wants to. Brag about his likely performance. But won’t.
I agree. I hope he does but it makes no sense for him. "The devil you know.." concept will help Trump. Strategically bad move to give the Dem candidate a platform.

Trump just needs to coast, so he'll choose venues and platforms he controls. We'll see if pundits and ads can carry the day for the Dems.

I really hope I'm wrong, I am looking forward to another choice for president. Harris is meh and I don't think Newsome will be appealing to the middle. I kinda like Amy Klobuchar.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2024, 05:20:49 PM »
If it's Harris, Trump may just let Gabbard speak for him at the next debate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwEY3lh51hI

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2024, 05:20:56 PM »
I don’t believe Harris will be the nominee. I think too many powerful people are going to view this as an incredible opportunity, and I don’t believe Harris has enough juice in the party to overcome that.

Could certainly be wrong, but I think if the party was clearly unified with Harris, you’d have seen Obama/Pelosi/Schummer/Jeffries give an endorsement today to Harris.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2024, 05:21:46 PM »
Cooper. Never thought of him but you make some good points.
Cooper could balance the ticket with a white, male, Southern moderate who has twice defeated Trump-endorsed candidates and who has significant executive experience managing the nation's 9th-largest state.

Cooper also was on a short list I just saw on CBS News. They also said that because Arizona's governor, a Democrat, could appoint Kelly's replacement, it would let Harris pick Kelly without risking a Senate seat, so he'd be in play too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

MU82

• All American
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2024, 05:23:21 PM »
I don’t believe Harris will be the nominee. I think too many powerful people are going to view this as an incredible opportunity, and I don’t believe Harris has enough juice in the party to overcome that.

Could certainly be wrong, but I think if the party was clearly unified with Harris, you’d have seen Obama/Pelosi/Schummer/Jeffries give an endorsement today to Harris.

Not saying you're wrong but ...

IIRC, Obama didn't even endorse Biden until he was formally the candidate because he didn't want to appear to be playing favorites within his party. That still would hold true with this, and it might be how the other party leaders you mention are playing it, too.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington