Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 122337 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #500 on: May 23, 2019, 07:15:36 AM »
I’m curious:  in several threads on this topic there have been references to the number of players in the “portal.”  When does the portal typically clear out?  Is there a time frame for when most season end transfers are set?

It's definitely an inexact science. I think most guys have their destinations set by early June so they can get on campus if they are taking any summer classes. Guys that aren't taking summer classes can stretch that decision into July or August, but that's far less common. And as some players transfer and never find a landing spot (whether due to giving up the sport, pursuing professional playing options, or just joining the workforce) the portal never really clears out.

Sorry for what, looking at it, feels like a pretty crap answer. That said, I do think we are getting pretty late into the transfer process.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #501 on: May 23, 2019, 09:11:30 AM »
What if the problem left?
Woj to the Heat?
No Finish Line

GOO

• All American
« Reply #502 on: May 23, 2019, 09:14:44 AM »
It's definitely an inexact science. I think most guys have their destinations set by early June so they can get on campus if they are taking any summer classes. Guys that aren't taking summer classes can stretch that decision into July or August, but that's far less common. And as some players transfer and never find a landing spot (whether due to giving up the sport, pursuing professional playing options, or just joining the workforce) the portal never really clears out.

Sorry for what, looking at it, feels like a pretty crap answer. That said, I do think we are getting pretty late into the transfer process.

If I remember correctly, Crean had a player from Minnesota that was injured, rehabbed on MU's dime, took summer classes at MU, and then a day or two before the fall semester started, transferred to a another school (Miami?). 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #503 on: May 23, 2019, 09:16:27 AM »
I was comparing Ed Morrow’s situation to Traci’s, since you brought up Morrow and Nebraska fans.  Morrow didn’t grow up in Nebraska, wasn’t a highly rated recruit, played a couple solid if unremarkable seasons for the Huskers, and transferred.  Much like Traci did for us.

There’s obviously a lot more emotion involved with the Hausers since they were big name players (relatively speaking) who grew up in state.  Sam in particular was an indispensable player his whole time on campus and was trending toward that Lazar/Novak/Diener/JFB level.  Not an all-time great but second or third tier, for sure.

Short story long, I don’t think Koby’s and Ed’s former fanbases really care anymore that they transferred.  Would we boo Haanif if he came back to play against us?

First, I sincerely apologize for mis-stating the intention of your post. For some reason I thought you were talking about the Hausers, so I apologize, as I never want to misrepresent what anybody else says.

And I agree with your thesis.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #504 on: May 23, 2019, 09:24:08 AM »
If I remember correctly, Crean had a player from Minnesota that was injured, rehabbed on MU's dime, took summer classes at MU, and then a day or two before the fall semester started, transferred to a another school (Miami?).

That was Mbakwe. He left right before the school year of Buzz’s first year, but was recruited by Crean and planned to redshirt due to injury, but played later in the year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #505 on: May 23, 2019, 09:24:43 AM »
I wasn't asking your permission for anything.  Just pointing out a serious concern that while Wojo repeatedly discussed the need for Markus to better distribute the ball...Markus never did so.  When you use the word "bail"...and you've said much worse about the Hauser's...you have to wonder who is really at fault.

I had a guy working for me that was extremely dedicated to the profession and great at his job...couldn't get along with others because it had to be about him.  I lost a solid employee because he was sick of the guy...and it was plain to see as a team they weren't functioning at their full potential and others were going to leave as well.  He was shown the door and the collective output increased.  Wished I could have gotten the guy to see past himself...would have been better for his pocket book and everyone else's.

We will all be rooting for MU.  Should I say God bless America after every post as well?

Glad you will be rooting for MU. No need to invoke a religious song after your posts unless you want to.

As for who is "at fault," unlike some I truly believe there is plenty of blame to go around.

The story line that the angelic, totally unselfish Hausers came to dislike and distrust Wojo while actually remaining friendly with Markus but were willing to stay and play for the coach they disliked and distrusted as long as their friend left ... sorry, but that tale has more plot holes than GoT Season 8.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #506 on: May 23, 2019, 09:30:12 AM »
That was Mbakwe. He left right before the school year of Buzz’s first year, but was recruited by Crean and planned to redshirt due to injury, but played later in the year.

Thanks, that is him, of course.  Wasn't it literally like a day or two before the fall semester was going to begin and he just blindsided everyone with the transfer.  That was a bit of a blow for a team that was already undersized.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #507 on: May 23, 2019, 11:43:16 AM »
First, I sincerely apologize for mis-stating the intention of your post. For some reason I thought you were talking about the Hausers, so I apologize, as I never want to misrepresent what anybody else says.

And I agree with your thesis.

No worries!  There’s been so much gobbledygook posted in different threads about mostly the same stuff (some of it by me) that it gets tough to keep track of who’s talking about what.

Actually, I never thanked you for your excellent and detailed breakdown of Koby’s games against high majors (or rather his lack thereof) in response to my question about it a few weeks ago.  So, mea culpas all around!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #508 on: May 23, 2019, 11:54:43 AM »
Thanks, that is him, of course.  Wasn't it literally like a day or two before the fall semester was going to begin and he just blindsided everyone with the transfer.  That was a bit of a blow for a team that was already undersized.
Invoking the name of the Great Mbakwe shall cause great harm to us all!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #509 on: May 23, 2019, 01:48:47 PM »
(Miami?).

No. Miami Dade College.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #510 on: December 19, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »
Not sure where to put this...watching volleyball Final Four UW v Baylor.
Going to commercial break, saw this guy in the crowd. Strange situation cheering for your girlfriend wearing a Bucky shirt...and everyone in the crowd is disappointed in your decision.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 08:27:30 PM by We R Final Four »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #511 on: December 19, 2019, 08:39:52 PM »
Sum dudes'll due anythin' four a peace of ass, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #512 on: December 19, 2019, 10:02:38 PM »
Sum dudes'll due anythin' four a peace of ass, hey?
I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #513 on: December 19, 2019, 10:05:13 PM »
Sam Who ? ? ?   :P   8-)

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #514 on: December 19, 2019, 10:11:14 PM »
Going to commercial break, saw this guy in the crowd. Strange situation cheering for your girlfriend wearing a Bucky shirt...and everyone in the crowd is disappointed in your decision.

Giannis v LeBron and you're watching a  volleyball game?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #515 on: December 19, 2019, 10:12:58 PM »

Paint drying and you're watching an NBA game?

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #516 on: December 19, 2019, 10:16:01 PM »
Paint drying and you're watching an NBA game?

Supporting Wesley (who was superb tonight).

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #517 on: December 19, 2019, 10:29:16 PM »

Nothing strange about that. His GF is going to the NCAA finals. And who is disappointed that he's cheering for his GF?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #518 on: December 20, 2019, 08:33:38 AM »
Nothing strange about that. His GF is going to the NCAA finals. And who is disappointed that he's cheering for his GF?

ya gotta give SH some credit here-nice girl, very bright, great family, good people.  sam shoulda stayed, let his lil bro air his dirty laundry somewhere else, as he has.  the way UVA's offense(or lack thereof) is set up, sam will be lucky to get 8-10 shots per game.  they are currently averaging 54 points per game as a team.  he may win there, but if he planned on getting more good looks sans a poy candidate, not sure this was the place to go. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #519 on: December 20, 2019, 08:54:40 AM »
the way UVA's offense(or lack thereof) is set up, sam will be lucky to get 8-10 shots per game.  they are currently averaging 54 points per game as a team.  he may win there, but if he planned on getting more good looks sans a poy candidate, not sure this was the place to go.

Agree with this comment. Virginia is a strange place to go for a guy looking for more scoring opportunities to impress NBA scouts. He absolutely would have gotten more shots this season with our boyz.

Then again, NBA scouts are impressed by other stuff, too. So if Sam just plays his game he'll be OK. Borderline prospect, anyway, but I do still think he'll get a serious look.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #520 on: December 20, 2019, 08:58:09 AM »
Agree with this comment. Virginia is a strange place to go for a guy looking for more scoring opportunities to impress NBA scouts. He absolutely would have gotten more shots this season with our boyz.

Then again, NBA scouts are impressed by other stuff, too. So if Sam just plays his game he'll be OK. Borderline prospect, anyway, but I do still think he'll get a serious look.

Come on now.  The men who love to eat meat of MUScoop have told us they didn't care about their own shots.  They wanted more equal distribution for the likes of Theo John, Ed Morrow, Jamal Cain, etc.

Having said that, UVA players had no problem getting enough shots to be noticed by NBA scouts last year.  Winning puts you in the spotlight for those scouts to find you.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #521 on: December 20, 2019, 09:06:38 AM »
Time will tell if the transfers were a good decision for the Hauser boys.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #522 on: December 20, 2019, 09:11:57 AM »
Sam's reasons for transferring are known to him, and him alone. No one here can tell him whether or not it was a good decision, because no one here knows his motivations and priorities. I wish Sam, and Joey, the best.

Losing players to transfers sucks, but it is the reality of college basketball. Guys who play four years at one school are becoming the exception, not the rule.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #523 on: December 20, 2019, 10:22:37 AM »
Wake me when it’s June.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #524 on: December 20, 2019, 11:39:26 AM »

high level, every entertaining athletics, a team MU beat, the final four. Heck yes I was.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”