[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 124627 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #650 on: March 13, 2023, 01:02:10 PM »
The ironic thing about them leaving is were forever spiteful because they blew up what was supposed to be the crowning year, though that year still would've had a bad x & o coach plus been canceled anyways. I guess you could say if they had just been happy we don't fall to bits in 19 and actually win the BE? That being said if they stay were likely not sitting here at 28-6 regular & tournament be champions + 2 seed right now.

I hated Joey up till this year because he & Sam likely blew up the best year we would've had in my lifetime. This year voids that because it ultimately lead to wojos foreign and now I'm as apathetic about them as any other MU transfer.

Not sure I was ever spiteful, but I sure didn't like the Hausers for what they did to what I thought was a great team foundation to build on for 2020. Turns out I was wrong given who was holding the clipboard and it all would have been moot given the pandemic (deep cut tin foil hat: joey leaving caused covid).

I am with you that I don't really care about 2019 anymore. Joey is just some guy that wouldn't fit here anyways and doesn't share the same values this current team and staff does. We're in a good place now.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #651 on: March 13, 2023, 01:04:38 PM »
Wait, are we talking about people who didn't love Wojo's system? My brother has something to say about that!

Funny now it makes sense b/c it didn't make sense posting as "Marquette guy" lol
Maigh Eo for Sam

Holly Ellenson is my Mom

• Walk-On
« Reply #652 on: March 13, 2023, 01:05:06 PM »
Funny now it makes sense b/c it didn't make sense posting as "Marquette guy" lol

lol completely forgot I had changed my name....so I changed it back

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #653 on: March 13, 2023, 01:12:13 PM »
This is spot on.  Wojo was garbage all on his own.  Just absolute garbage.  The funny thing is, the kind of team and culture that the Hausers presumably pined for at MU is exactly what we have now, though Joey would be a very poor fit on this team.  It’d be nice to whoop both him and Izzo, who punked us in the tourney back in ‘07 and always seemed to win recruiting battles when we went head-to-head with him over the last ten years.

As others have said, though, there’s no overlap between Joey and the current MU team.  The only people who’ll really care about this are Scoopers and a bland jock who, even when he’s in the studio at ESPN, still gets put on NIT duty instead of making the real tournament.

Michael Kennedy disagrees with this assessment.  ;D

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #654 on: March 13, 2023, 01:13:52 PM »
Joey is just some guy that wouldn't fit here anyways and doesn't share the same values this current team and staff does. We're in a good place now.
/thread

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #655 on: March 13, 2023, 01:17:04 PM »
Alright, I'm going to stick my neck out.

The Hauser boys were right about Wojo. Th offense wasn't working the way it should and our opponents knew it. Hell, Murray State ripped us apart because of  Wojo's offense. I doubt the Hausers said anything about defense, for obvious reasons. It took Marquette a couple of years and $7 million to agree with them.

The Hauser boys were absolutely wrong in the way they went about expressing themselves. Trashing people because you don't agree with them is a terrible way to burn bridges on the way out. Compare them to Wojo when he received his walking papers. Wojo was nothing but class and remains classy.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #656 on: March 13, 2023, 01:20:38 PM »
For $7 million people will say anything, particularly if its stipulated in the buyout, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #657 on: March 13, 2023, 01:22:30 PM »
The Hauser boys were right about Wojo.
Where’s the hot take? He was a godawful basketball coach at both X’s and O’s and building a winning culture. They cut bait because they had that option - how do you blame them? We were left bagholding Wojo and no plan B.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #658 on: March 13, 2023, 01:31:20 PM »
Can we just hope to beat MSU if we get matched up? Is that not enough?

Just focus on Vermont, buddy! Are you trying to make us lose Friday?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #659 on: March 13, 2023, 01:36:06 PM »
Just focus on Vermont, buddy! Are you trying to make us lose Friday?
The quote literally says “if we get matched up”.

panda

• All American
« Reply #660 on: March 13, 2023, 01:37:28 PM »
To be fair, we could play MSU in round 2 so it is relevant at this point.

HOWEVA

I always think it's funny the same mopes complaining about Wojo conversation are the first to jump down Joey's throat at the smallest opportunity. Both are such tired topics on the board and up until this point, barely relevant during this awesome season.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #661 on: March 13, 2023, 01:40:13 PM »
The quote literally says “if we get matched up”.

You're not allowed to mention any opponent other than Vermont -- or even think about any opponent other than Vermont.

Or are you breaking your own rule just hours after making it?

Why are you even clicking on any thread other than those directly about the next game on Marquette's schedule?

I cannot believe that somebody who calls himself a Marquette fan is going out of his way to try to make us lose Friday.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #662 on: March 13, 2023, 01:43:13 PM »
You're not allowed to mention any opponent other than Vermont -- or even think about any opponent other than Vermont.

Or are you breaking your own rule just hours after making it?

Why are you even clicking on any thread other than those directly about the next game on Marquette's schedule?

I cannot believe that somebody who calls himself a Marquette fan is going out of his way to try to make us lose Friday.
You good man?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #663 on: March 13, 2023, 01:54:19 PM »
I'm great, man!

My alma mater's basketball team just won the Big East title and is about to go on a 3-week NCAA tournament run that could include a smash-down of Michigan State (if MSU doesn't choke against USC), my wife and I soon will be celebrating our 40th anniversary, our daughter's family recently moved across the country and are now only 5 minutes away from us, and we're all healthy.

Thanks for asking, my friend, and I hope all is well with you and yours.

We Are Marquette!

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #664 on: March 13, 2023, 02:10:14 PM »
Hardcore Purdue fans hate MSU, specifically over the Brandon Dawson recruitment. Not sure how many of those will be in Columbus this weekend though.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #665 on: March 13, 2023, 03:14:14 PM »
Alright, I'm going to stick my neck out.

The Hauser boys were right about Wojo. Th offense wasn't working the way it should and our opponents knew it. Hell, Murray State ripped us apart because of  Wojo's offense. I doubt the Hausers said anything about defense, for obvious reasons. It took Marquette a couple of years and $7 million to agree with them.

The Hauser boys were absolutely wrong in the way they went about expressing themselves. Trashing people because you don't agree with them is a terrible way to burn bridges on the way out. Compare them to Wojo when he received his walking papers. Wojo was nothing but class and remains classy.

Murray State game was as much about the Hausers as Wojo. No one could keep up with Ja on defense and on offense neither Joey nor Sam were shooting the lights out. Sam had 17 shots. Slow feet and no ups caused Joey to foul out. Wojo couldn’t figure out a way to stop Ja and the Hausers weren’t athletic enough to stop him.  We outshot MS by 18 shot attempts mostly due to offensive rebounds of which the Hausers combined for 1.  Overall MU shot 32% to MS 53%. That is losing on defensive side of the ball and not being able to shoot versus some offensive scheme breaking down. Every other game I think your argument holds.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #666 on: March 13, 2023, 03:51:37 PM »
Murray State game was as much about the Hausers as Wojo. No one could keep up with Ja on defense and on offense neither Joey nor Sam were shooting the lights out. Sam had 17 shots. Slow feet and no ups caused Joey to foul out. Wojo couldn’t figure out a way to stop Ja and the Hausers weren’t athletic enough to stop him.  We outshot MS by 18 shot attempts mostly due to offensive rebounds of which the Hausers combined for 1.  Overall MU shot 32% to MS 53%. That is losing on defensive side of the ball and not being able to shoot versus some offensive scheme breaking down. Every other game I think your argument holds.
So we were a poor, flawed team with a poor, flawed coach that got deservedly exposed and two salty players blew it all up in the offseason.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #667 on: March 13, 2023, 05:15:12 PM »
Wojo couldn’t figure out a way to stop Ja and the Hausers weren’t athletic enough to stop him. 

Yep.  I mean, it’s not like Marquette had an entire roster of players who weren’t capable of stopping Ja.  It was all Sam and Joey’s fault.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #668 on: March 15, 2023, 04:49:01 PM »
For $7 million people will say anything, particularly if its stipulated in the buyout, aina?

Aaron Rodgers is on Line One...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback