[March 18, 2024, 11:12:52 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 122330 times)

Not A Serious Person

• All American
Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« on: April 23, 2019, 04:23:13 PM »
Talked to two people that are college BBall fans that know I went to MU.  They have no affiliation with the school, think of them as random fans looking at this situation without the emotions we all have.

Both thought the transfers were understandable, one basketball and not enough shots. Neither thought it reflected poorly on MU, it just the way of the world. 

Both thought Howard is one of the most exciting players in college basketball and would rather keep Howard over the Hausers if you had to make that choice.

Both said they long ago gave up on trying to understand the decision of 19 and 21-year-olds.

Both thought that neither would be an NBA player (outside of a 10-day contract or a longer cup of coffee).  So, if they are bailing on a potential top 5 team to go to Bucky or Iowa so they could hoist more shots, stupid move.  MSU and/or Virginia made more sense but the risk is they sign a stud one-and-done next year (their sit out year) and their dream of splitting 25 shots a game between them are gone.  Or, as one said, Howard 2.0.

Bottom line, they did not think this is a signal the world is ending for MU.  They just shrugged their shoulders and said this is the way the world works today.  No big deal, MU still has Howard and that means they are going out of their way to watch next year.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 04:28:47 PM by Heisenberg v2.0 »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Marcus92

• All American
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 04:27:54 PM »
Getting some additional perspective is always welcome. The sky is not falling. We are not in the midst of a nuclear holocaust. B-R-E-A-T-H-E. Repeat as necessary. Marquette basketball will go on. Thanks for posting.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 04:47:21 PM »
I have posted about similar thoughts from Spartan and Wolverine fans.  And one Dayton fan.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 04:54:46 PM »
there are currently 790 names on the Transfer Portal.  That's more than two per NCAA institution. Transfers happen, it's not the end of the world.

I would imagine the majority of those 790 are doing what they feel is best for their professional future. Why stay somewhere that isn't developing you (in your mind) for where you want to be 5+ years down the road?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 04:59:54 PM »
I have posted about similar thoughts from Spartan and Wolverine fans.  And one Dayton fan.

You found him?!?!?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 05:03:18 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 05:05:31 PM »
You found him?!?!?
I know 4!  All alum.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 05:08:07 PM »
And one Dayton fan.

Was his Cavalier broken down along the side of the road again?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »
Talked to two people that are college BBall fans that know I went to MU.  They have no affiliation with the school, think of them as random fans looking at this situation without the emotions we all have.

Both thought the transfers were understandable, one basketball and not enough shots. Neither thought it reflected poorly on MU, it just the way of the world. 

Both thought Howard is one of the most exciting players in college basketball and would rather keep Howard over the Hausers if you had to make that choice.

Both said they long ago gave up on trying to understand the decision of 19 and 21-year-olds.

Both thought that neither would be an NBA player (outside of a 10-day contract or a longer cup of coffee).  So, if they are bailing on a potential top 5 team to go to Bucky or Iowa so they could hoist more shots, stupid move.  MSU and/or Virginia made more sense but the risk is they sign a stud one-and-done next year (their sit out year) and their dream of splitting 25 shots a game between them are gone.  Or, as one said, Howard 2.0.

Bottom line, they did not think this is a signal the world is ending for MU.  They just shrugged their shoulders and said this is the way the world works today.  No big deal, MU still has Howard and that means they are going out of their way to watch next year.
Well...they are wrong. It is a big deal
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 07:01:05 PM »
2019-20 season will be played any way.    With players who want to be at MU.     And who have a fair amount of talent.    Right now, I predict the 19-20 record approximates or is a game or two better than the 18-19.     Not preseason top 10, but nothing to be ashamed of. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 07:21:50 PM »

——————

Thanks for the outside perspective.

The above two paragraphs highlight why IMHO the Hausers didn’t think this through very well, if they are looking for a higher profile opportunity to be the go-to guys and/or make a Final Four.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 07:24:09 PM »

Tower - Do you casually remind him of ABD?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 07:30:02 PM »
No need.  The ones I know are rational enough to know Dayton needs to raise their program before the Big East will take a Flyer on them.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 08:10:32 PM »
Was his Cavalier broken down along the side of the road again?

It lives... Thank you

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 08:39:13 PM »
Well...they are wrong. It is a big deal

Is MU basketball the only thing that is important in your life? It's only a game. Sure I want to win but it is not the be all or end all of my life.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 08:55:49 PM »
Is COMPLAINING ABOUT MU basketball the only thing that is important in your life? It's only a game. Sure I want to win but it is not the be all or end all of my life.
fify

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 09:14:25 PM »
No need.  The ones I know are rational enough to know Dayton needs to raise their program before the Big East will take a Flyer on them.

The pun for the win!

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 07:47:56 AM »
I was talking to a friend, who knows nothing about MU bb, about the Hauser situation.
His take was “who?”.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2019, 07:52:39 AM »
I was talking to a friend, who knows nothing about MU bb, about the Hauser situation.
His take was “who?”.

Exactly.

The day after it happened, I opened my Charlotte Observer. They had a college basketball notes section with 4 items. Not a word about the Hausers, meaning a major metro daily didn't think it was newsworthy enough to even run a couple of wire-service paragraphs about it.

We all have tunnel vision. We can do a 6-page thread on Ike. And what happened with Sam and Joey was Hausergeddon, Hausershima and the end of the Hauserverse as we know it.

But outside our little bubble, nobody cares. At least half the folks out there think our school is in Michigan.

Would have been interesting to see what the reaction would have been outside the bubble had the BEast POY/All-American been the one to leave.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 08:20:23 AM »
Exactly.

The day after it happened, I opened my Charlotte Observer. They had a college basketball notes section with 4 items. Not a word about the Hausers, meaning a major metro daily didn't think it was newsworthy enough to even run a couple of wire-service paragraphs about it.

We all have tunnel vision. We can do a 6-page thread on Ike. And what happened with Sam and Joey was Hausergeddon, Hausershima and the end of the Hauserverse as we know it.

But outside our little bubble, nobody cares. At least half the folks out there think our school is in Michigan.

Would have been interesting to see what the reaction would have been outside the bubble had the BEast POY/All-American been the one to leave.

Is it not? I might have been on the wrong board all these years.
Maigh Eo for Sam

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 08:26:24 AM »
My sister and her husband are fairly big college basketball fans (they take the first two days of the tournament off from work and have a party) and they weren't aware of the Hausers leaving until I mentioned it over Easter.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 08:42:17 AM »

Not surprised that people who know next to nothing and don't give a sh!t about Marquette basketball shrugged their collective shoulders. If a similar thing happened at, say, Oregon, LSU or Memphis I'd feel the same way.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 09:11:00 AM »
There's a sherpa up in the Himalayans who has never even heard of Wisconsin, much less Milwaukee, much less Marquette University.  He only has a vague understanding of basketball, has no idea who the Hausers are, and can't really grasp the concept of a transfer

SO THINGS REALLY AREN'T THAT BAD RIGHT????
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 09:12:09 AM »
Hold on, there’s now a thread about what friends from other universities think of the Hauser’s transfer? My goodness, move on.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 09:26:16 AM »
Even after a forest fire, new growth emerges.

feedback