'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 124696 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #550 on: December 22, 2019, 08:05:17 AM »
That’s not saying much. Now, if you COULDN’T care less, that would be interesting.

🤦🏻‍♂️ I need a refund on that MU COMM degree.  It didn’t work. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #551 on: December 22, 2019, 08:20:36 AM »
For the past 30+ years I have seen it all.  Losses to Dayton, SLU, heck even TCU.  But nothing dampened my spirit. 

This transfer has challenged my faith more than anything.

Markus not passing to Sam on that last possession vs. Seton Hall may have broken me more than it broke the Hausers.  I find no joy in Marquette hoops now.   I have my season tix, I still read scoop, but something is different. 

Hopefully next year will be better, we’ll see.

Wait, this is actually real?  Wow.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #552 on: December 22, 2019, 08:26:41 AM »
This is just another guy whose an extreme outlier on the fan spectrum. When you're mood seems to be predicated on the success of a college basketball team, you got problems. And who cares about the hausers. This happens to every team at some point. We have a great class coming in next year. Still solid potential this year. How is there not room for optimism. I dont know what kind of expectations you have. Guru wont like me saying this, but this ain't Kansas. We wont be top 10 every year and it's just the reality. We have a good team and the recruiting seems promising so what's with the sob story.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #553 on: December 22, 2019, 08:34:06 AM »
Markus not passing to Sam on that last possession vs. Seton Hall may have broken me more than it broke the Hausers. 

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #554 on: December 22, 2019, 08:47:22 AM »
To date, the only real impact from the defection of the Brothers Hauser has been the lack of national media attention on our program.

Godforsaken Dayton is ranked 13th and we barely get any votes? That's the impact of the Hauser defection. I doubt had we had the Brothers Hauser, we would have defeated Maryland and Wisconsin played extraordinarily well the day we met them at the Kohlhole.

Had they stayed, Markus would have had days where he scored 40+ points, like he does now. We also seem to be a better defensive team and so far, Sacar has picked up where the Big Hauser left off.

And the lack of attention has greatly hampered our recruiting so far.

Oh, wait...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #555 on: December 22, 2019, 08:50:28 AM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #556 on: December 22, 2019, 08:52:56 AM »
Thrilled to have Markus, and his many teammates who decided to stay after the Hausers quit on the program.

I root for the Warriors, and I don't give a hoot about those who decided Marquette wasn't for them.

My main concerns about the Hausershima fallout have been proven to be overly doom-and-gloomish. I'm enjoying this team.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #557 on: December 22, 2019, 08:58:01 AM »
Thrilled to have Markus, and his many teammates who decided to stay after the Hausers quit on the program.

I root for the Warriors, and I don't give a hoot about those who decided Marquette wasn't for them.

My main concerns about the Hausershima fallout have been proven to be overly doom-and-gloomish. I'm enjoying this team.

Yep, much to enjoy. To tweak Vince L "Run to Sunshine"
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #558 on: December 22, 2019, 09:41:10 AM »
For the past 30+ years I have seen it all.  Losses to Dayton, SLU, heck even TCU.  But nothing dampened my spirit. 

Markus not passing to Sam on that last possession vs. Seton Hall may have broken me more than it broke the Hausers.  I find no joy in Marquette hoops now.   I have my season tix, I still read scoop, but something is different. 

Next year?  Lens, this could end up being the best year in a long time.   Hang in there.  I get what you are saying about the leadership of the program (and you may never get over that part) but these players are fun to watch.   If we do well enough in conference for an NCAA bid I think we will be battle tested and good enough to get a couple wins March.  This is going to be a fun and sometimes agonizing next two months. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #559 on: December 22, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »
Next year?  Lens, this could end up being the best year in a long time.   Hang in there.  I get what you are saying about the leadership of the program (and you may never get over that part) but these players are fun to watch.   If we do well enough in conference for an NCAA bid I think we will be battle tested and good enough to get a couple wins March.  This is going to be a fun and sometimes agonizing next two months.

Good stuff.

Look I really like this team.  It’s Buzz-esque.  I’m just beaten down after not winning a meaningful game game in March for 6 years.  I do question we have the leadership to change that.  Hopefully I’m wrong. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #560 on: December 22, 2019, 10:15:01 AM »
Good stuff.

Look I really like this team.  It’s Buzz-esque.  I’m just beaten down after not winning a meaningful game game in March for 6 years.  I do question we have the leadership to change that.  Hopefully I’m wrong.

It’s Wojo-esque without the Buzz nonsense.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #561 on: December 22, 2019, 10:30:24 AM »

LOL!  Kings stay King 👑

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #562 on: December 22, 2019, 10:35:31 AM »

Hmm.  So you don't think this team will win in the NCAA's?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #563 on: December 22, 2019, 10:52:28 AM »
Hmm.  So you don't think this team will win in the NCAA's?

Crap shoot.  I’ll wait to see who we play, where and when.  Last year we matched up better if we were an 8, 9 or 10 considering some opponents.  All about the matchups.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #564 on: December 22, 2019, 11:10:55 AM »

I think we've hit peak nonsense in this thread about here. Kids are gonna transfer. It sucks. Move on. Team is really fun to watch.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #566 on: December 22, 2019, 11:32:31 AM »
Crap shoot.  I’ll wait to see who we play, where and when.  Last year we matched up better if we were an 8, 9 or 10 considering some opponents.  All about the matchups.

The way we played last year the only seed we would have "matched up" well against was a 16. Maybe.

Our seed and opponent weren't the problem. Our abysmal gameplan/play were. You're the master at denigrating the accomplishments of people you don't like and making excuses for those you do.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #567 on: December 22, 2019, 11:35:22 AM »
The way we played last year the only seed we would have "matched up" well against was a 16. Maybe.

Our seed and opponent weren't the problem. Our abysmal gameplan/play were. You're the master at denigrating the accomplishments of people you don't like and making excuses for those you do.

Probably should’ve ran the offense through Chartouney, Theo, Ed, and Jamal more.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #568 on: December 22, 2019, 11:46:01 AM »

Actually, Chicos was much on target.  In tournament one and done play, matchups really are important.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #569 on: December 22, 2019, 11:51:51 AM »
Actually, Chicos was much on target.  In tournament one and done play, matchups really are important.

Hopefully someday under Wojo, MU will be one of those “tough matchups” for another team. Seems like it’s been the other way around the last two times.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #570 on: December 22, 2019, 11:53:22 AM »

They are and Murray State was a terrible matchup.  I believe it was Paint Touches who had a piece up highlighting potential bad matchups, specifically listing Murray State.  Florida State was mentioned as well. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #571 on: December 22, 2019, 11:55:21 AM »
Hopefully someday under Wojo, MU will be one of those “tough matchups” for another team. Seems like it’s been the other way around the last two times.

South Carolina should have been a good matchup for that particular Marquette team.  The Cocks were one of the worst offensive teams of that year from power conferences.  And given Duke’s bad defense that year, it was feasible for that Marquette team to win a shootout against Duke

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #572 on: December 22, 2019, 12:29:09 PM »
South Carolina should have been a good matchup for that particular Marquette team.  The Cocks were one of the worst offensive teams of that year from power conferences.  And given Duke’s bad defense that year, it was feasible for that Marquette team to win a shootout against Duke
South Carolina was a horrible matchup as the Cocks physically overpowered MU.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #573 on: December 22, 2019, 12:40:42 PM »

Maybe, but they managed to crap their way all the way to the Final Four and damn near to the championship.  Most teams were having trouble figuring them out.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #574 on: December 22, 2019, 12:56:28 PM »
Maybe, but they managed to crap their way all the way to the Final Four and damn near to the championship.  Most teams were having trouble figuring them out.

An argument can be made they got favorable matchups playing really bad defensive teams the first two rounds

feedback