[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer  (Read 124674 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Outsiders View Of Hausers Transfer
« Reply #525 on: December 20, 2019, 11:49:00 AM »
Come on now.  The men who love to eat meat of MUScoop have told us they didn't care about their own shots.  They wanted more equal distribution for the likes of Theo John, Ed Morrow, Jamal Cain, etc.

Having said that, UVA players had no problem getting enough shots to be noticed by NBA scouts last year.  Winning puts you in the spotlight for those scouts to find you.

The first part of this statement will never not make me laugh
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #526 on: December 20, 2019, 11:50:45 AM »
Time will tell if the transfers were a good decision for the Hauser boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-18J8lGJeLo

warriorjoe

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #527 on: December 20, 2019, 12:29:58 PM »
They're gone.

Both players will have a lot of time to think about their decision while they are sitting on the bench.

Next man up.

Go Warriors!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #528 on: December 20, 2019, 12:55:58 PM »
Virginia just produced three first round picks. Their style will not limit Sam's draft stock
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #529 on: December 20, 2019, 12:59:33 PM »
Not sure where to put this...watching volleyball Final Four UW v Baylor.
Going to commercial break, saw this guy in the crowd. Strange situation cheering for your girlfriend wearing a Bucky shirt...and everyone in the crowd is disappointed in your decision.

Love Trumps All?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #530 on: December 20, 2019, 01:07:12 PM »
They are both perfect fits for their teams this season. UVA needs outside shooting. MSU needs a 4. We shall see after this season.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #531 on: December 20, 2019, 04:49:30 PM »
The first part of this statement will never not make me laugh

come on now?

tears are coming out of my eyes-stop stop you're killing me

don't...don't don't don't don't

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #532 on: December 20, 2019, 04:57:23 PM »
Nothing strange about that. His GF is going to the NCAA finals. And who is disappointed that he's cheering for his GF?
Every Badger fan he is sitting with.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #533 on: December 22, 2019, 05:22:59 AM »
It really stinks because Sam would be ending a great college career at Marquette this year if it weren't for his spoiled pouting younger brother. It cost them big time and changed our memory of Sam from a good one to a bad dream that we'd rather not think about any more. Sad.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #534 on: December 22, 2019, 06:16:19 AM »
For the past 30+ years I have seen it all.  Losses to Dayton, SLU, heck even TCU.  But nothing dampened my spirit. 

This transfer has challenged my faith more than anything.

Markus not passing to Sam on that last possession vs. Seton Hall may have broken me more than it broke the Hausers.  I find no joy in Marquette hoops now.   I have my season tix, I still read scoop, but something is different. 

Hopefully next year will be better, we’ll see.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #535 on: December 22, 2019, 07:06:00 AM »
Lock this

🏀

• All American
« Reply #536 on: December 22, 2019, 07:15:56 AM »
For the past 30+ years I have seen it all.  Losses to Dayton, SLU, heck even TCU.  But nothing dampened my spirit. 

Markus not passing to Sam on that last possession vs. Seton Hall may have broken me more than it broke the Hausers.  I find no joy in Marquette hoops now.   I have my season tix, I still read scoop, but something is different. 

This is some gold.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 07:20:26 AM by PTM »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #537 on: December 22, 2019, 07:19:25 AM »
This is some gold.

Gold was a low point, too.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

tower912

• All American
« Reply #538 on: December 22, 2019, 07:27:39 AM »
Having faith in a sport played by young men at a school you attended decades ago is not a great idea to begin with.  Choosing the side of those who left and allowing their departure to affect your attitude going forward toward the team who stayed is a worse idea.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #539 on: December 22, 2019, 07:35:27 AM »
Gold was a low point, too.

For you. Clearly not the Marquette Men’s Basketball team.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #540 on: December 22, 2019, 07:37:31 AM »
Having faith in a sport played by young men at a school you attended decades ago is not a great idea to begin with.  Choosing the side of those who left and allowing their departure to affect your attitude going forward toward the team who stayed is a worse idea.

I’m not choosing the side of those who left.  I could care less how MSU & UVA perform. I’m merely stating that interest & care in MU has severely dampened.  Maybe it’s the Brewers & Bucks being really good, maybe it’s age, maybe it’s watching my kids compete, who knows.  In any case, the Hausers leaving feels like the final straw.  I don’t trust who is in charge and I have little faith it’ll get better. I hope I’m wrong bc for 30 years, this was my thing.  It’s given me incredible joy and amazing memories. Not to mention some heartbreak. I’ve seen it all. My god, I endured Tom Crean. I always thought if I could survive him, I could survive anything.  🤷🏻‍♂️

tower912

• All American
« Reply #541 on: December 22, 2019, 07:42:11 AM »
I was there for the last two years of Majerus and the first two years of Dukiet.  I love MU basketball, but I learned early that it is just another construct that will have highs and lows and warts and imperfections with only incredibly rare payoffs.   So, Hausers?   Just a plot twist in a never ending saga.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #542 on: December 22, 2019, 07:47:25 AM »

Honestly I hope You can pull yourself through to feeling better. 
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #543 on: December 22, 2019, 07:48:02 AM »

EMHO?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #544 on: December 22, 2019, 07:48:59 AM »
Honestly I hope You can pull yourself through to feeling better. 

This. Happy holidays, thoughts and prayers.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #545 on: December 22, 2019, 07:56:22 AM »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #546 on: December 22, 2019, 07:57:42 AM »
I’m not choosing the side of those who left.  I could care less how MSU & UVA perform. I’m merely stating that interest & care in MU has severely dampened.  Maybe it’s the Brewers & Bucks being really good, maybe it’s age, maybe it’s watching my kids compete, who knows.  In any case, the Hausers leaving feels like the final straw.  I don’t trust who is in charge and I have little faith it’ll get better. I hope I’m wrong bc for 30 years, this was my thing.  It’s given me incredible joy and amazing memories. Not to mention some heartbreak. I’ve seen it all. My god, I endured Tom Crean. I always thought if I could survive him, I could survive anything.  🤷🏻‍♂️
We are here to talk you off the proverbial ledge. This years team plays great defense, has better ball movement, and has a guy who can get a bucket if need be. Stick around, this year's team may surprise you.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #547 on: December 22, 2019, 07:58:17 AM »
Sportin woody, eh

Leave Jayce Johnson out of this

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #548 on: December 22, 2019, 07:59:42 AM »
I could care less how MSU & UVA perform.

That’s not saying much. Now, if you COULDN’T care less, that would be interesting.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #549 on: December 22, 2019, 08:02:40 AM »
To date, the only real impact from the defection of the Brothers Hauser has been the lack of national media attention on our program.

Godforsaken Dayton is ranked 13th and we barely get any votes? That's the impact of the Hauser defection. I doubt had we had the Brothers Hauser, we would have defeated Maryland and Wisconsin played extraordinarily well the day we met them at the Kohlhole.

Had they stayed, Markus would have had days where he scored 40+ points, like he does now. We also seem to be a better defensive team and so far, Sacar has picked up where the Big Hauser left off.

feedback