[Today at 10:54:04 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 439164 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #1000 on: December 27, 2020, 01:11:51 PM »
Yes.  They put him in with 26 seconds left to play in a game the Nuggets were losing by 13.  What happened was, the Clippers inbounded the ball to Markus' man.  The Clippers player was just going to dribble out the shot clock, but Markus hounded him on defense, going for the steal, forcing the guy to pass it off.  Markus then sat on edge for the rest of that possession until the Clippers were called for a shot clock violation.  Then Markus made damn sure he'd be the one to get the inbounds pass and, with 2 seconds left in a game that was completely decided and with nobody guarding him, he dribbled up the court as fast as he could and took a thirty foot jump shot as time expired.  The shot did not go in.  It was completely unprofessional, but if Markus gets in a game again, he'll at least be able to act like he's been there before.

God Markus is the worst.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1001 on: December 27, 2020, 01:17:20 PM »
God Markus is the worst.
A cancer really
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1002 on: December 27, 2020, 01:24:14 PM »
The mere mention of his name causes a COVID like virus of vitriol to spread.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: December 27, 2020, 02:10:32 PM »
Yes.  They put him in with 26 seconds left to play in a game the Nuggets were losing by 13.  What happened was, the Clippers inbounded the ball to Markus' man.  The Clippers player was just going to dribble out the shot clock, but Markus hounded him on defense, going for the steal, forcing the guy to pass it off.  Markus then sat on edge for the rest of that possession until the Clippers were called for a shot clock violation.  Then Markus made damn sure he'd be the one to get the inbounds pass and, with 2 seconds left in a game that was completely decided and with nobody guarding him, he dribbled up the court as fast as he could and took a thirty foot jump shot as time expired.  The shot did not go in.  It was completely unprofessional, but if Markus gets in a game again, he'll at least be able to act like he's been there before.
I heard there will be a letter writing campaign by the Nuggets bench. Cant believe Markus made sure he'd get the ball. Was there a nut punch involved?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: December 27, 2020, 02:14:05 PM »
Jimmy, Jae and Wes have had NBA careers. The others ... not so much.

Among ex-MU players of the Buzz/Wojo eras, I believe Henry would be 4th in both NBA games and earnings.

(Assumes Wes is counted for Buzz.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: December 27, 2020, 02:17:16 PM »
Juan could catch Henry.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1006 on: December 27, 2020, 04:47:43 PM »
So Markus is in Club Trillion.

Are you in Club Trillion if you didn't log a full minute and had a shot attempt? I thought you needed a number in the minute column and nothing in the rest (FGA included).
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: December 27, 2020, 05:23:49 PM »
Are you in Club Trillion if you didn't log a full minute and had a shot attempt? I thought you needed a number in the minute column and nothing in the rest (FGA included).
Serious question.....if you play 26 seconds (or 59 seconds for the sake of argument) does the NBA (or ESPN) not count it as a minute played?
Secondly, why is a 30 foot shot with two seconds left in the game not considered a shot attempt?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1008 on: December 27, 2020, 05:42:29 PM »
Jimmy, Jae and Wes have had NBA careers. The others ... not so much.

Among ex-MU players of the Buzz/Wojo eras, I believe Henry would be 4th in both NBA games and earnings.

(Assumes Wes is counted for Buzz.)

Buycks had more than a cup of coffee
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: December 27, 2020, 05:44:21 PM »
First of all, seeing "Dwight" after Wes Jerel and Lazar makes me think of Dwight Burke, who definitely did NOT play in the NBA.  Had to do a double take.

Also, you forgot Ellenson (Wojo) and Markus (Wojo). 

Does Markus count yet?  ESPN has him at 1 GP but 0 minutes and no stats.  Did he get into that Clippers game briefly?

The question was asking about Buzz affiliated NBA players. As much reason to include Markus or Henry in that as there would've been to include Wade Novak or Deiner.

Also Markus hadn't played an official minute yet when I posted that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 08:07:43 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #1010 on: December 27, 2020, 06:04:49 PM »
Serious question.....if you play 26 seconds (or 59 seconds for the sake of argument) does the NBA (or ESPN) not count it as a minute played?
Secondly, why is a 30 foot shot with two seconds left in the game not considered a shot attempt?
If I’m not mistaken, once you appear in a game your minutes are listed as “1.” At least that seems to be what happens in the box score.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1011 on: December 27, 2020, 07:05:27 PM »

I don't know, but when I looked at the box score after the game went final, Howard was listed with 0 minutes & 0/1 shooting.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1012 on: December 27, 2020, 07:17:03 PM »
Buycks had more than a cup of coffee

"Cup of coffee" is your phrase, not mine. I said he didn't have much of an NBA career.

He played in 49 games over parts of three seasons. I don't believe I was incorrect in my assessment. Frankly, given what we saw in college, I'm amazed he even got a cup of coffee (same is true of Juan), and I congratulate him on that.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Big East

• All American
« Reply #1013 on: December 27, 2020, 07:31:04 PM »
Jae had a solid 17 8 and 2 game for the Suns in a hard fought loss against the Kings yesterday. Jae has gotten off to a nice start so far this season.

Juan getting the start tonight against The Bulls.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1014 on: December 27, 2020, 08:06:28 PM »
"Cup of coffee" is your phrase, not mine. I said he didn't have much of an NBA career.

He played in 49 games over parts of three seasons. I don't believe I was incorrect in my assessment. Frankly, given what we saw in college, I'm amazed he even got a cup of coffee (same is true of Juan), and I congratulate him on that.

Really that's it with 49 games? Thought he was in a lot more with Toronto and chose to head back to France because more money was offered.

Wish we could've seen what Jamil had to offer. Sadly borderline prospects aren't ever worth the PR issues he had.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: December 28, 2020, 11:26:33 AM »
Juan is going to play a lot for GS. One of the few reliable defenders they have. He moved into the starting lineup last night.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1016 on: December 28, 2020, 11:34:52 AM »
Juan is going to play a lot for GS. One of the few reliable defenders they have. He moved into the starting lineup last night.

Watching him beat KD down the floor on a fast break just before xmas was incredible. He's no star, but he seems to have stuck! I'm really happy for the young man.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: December 29, 2020, 10:09:28 PM »
Juan with another start tonight. Played 24 minutes. Truly believe and hope that he is going to stick. He won't start once GS gets Green back and some of the young guys improve, but he looks like a solid 9th/10th guy who will bring defense and energy off the bench. He looks comfortable out there.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #1018 on: December 29, 2020, 11:04:38 PM »
Jae had a solid 17 8 and 2 game for the Suns in a hard fought loss against the Kings yesterday. Jae has gotten off to a nice start so far this season.

Juan getting the start tonight against The Bulls.

Bit generous calling Jaes start "nice".

But hes having a great game tonight. Should settle in nicely with the Suns as a vet.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: December 30, 2020, 01:31:32 AM »
insane juan made it to the nba. absolutely incredible.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: December 30, 2020, 05:59:42 AM »
Living up to his high school videos.   And he is what the game is evolving toward.  6'6.   Fast, versatile, able to shoot the 3, put it on the floor, and reasonably defend multiple positions.   Or, position-less basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJWm2VNolvw

Great interview. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 07:43:49 AM by tower912 »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: December 30, 2020, 12:26:37 PM »
Juan is also an example of what talent can be unlocked when you’re truly a professional ball player and have no other obligations or focus other than being all that you can be there.  Stories like his are actually compelling cases for the G League/Abroad path for talented young players instead of college.

Also, missed the discussion before but Markus shooting a long shot with 2 seconds left while his team is down double digits is not unprofessional in any way. If they were up 13, sure. But down? Literally nobody would be bothered by that, especially for young players. I personally think dribbling out the clock on a team that is losing is incredibly lame. It’s not like he sprinted for an uncontested dunk as the Clippers were walking off the floor

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: December 30, 2020, 12:29:01 PM »
Markus got in for the last 30 seconds again. Nothing happened.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1023 on: December 30, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »
Juan still has served more time suspended by the NCAA than Miller, Self and Wade combined.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: December 30, 2020, 01:16:25 PM »
Juan is also an example of what talent can be unlocked when you’re truly a professional ball player and have no other obligations or focus other than being all that you can be there.  Stories like his are actually compelling cases for the G League/Abroad path for talented young players instead of college.

You're absolutely right about this. However, 18yr olds who aren't that emotionally mature could easily get distracted by the money, women, club appearances, free booze (seriously again how was it not a bigger deal that the underage NBA players were on TV popping champagne?) and just attention in general.

Still think there's more reason to go pro than not, but I think you'll see more and more crazy off court instances and people washing out.
Maigh Eo for Sam