[Today at 02:32:03 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 456743 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #1050 on: February 17, 2021, 01:40:39 PM »
  This is a rough start for a guy drafted on his shooting ability.

You mean signed right?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #1051 on: February 17, 2021, 01:48:27 PM »
Markus Howard, due to Denver's mounting injury problem, received ten minutes of playing time last night.  He was scoreless in those ten minutes and is now 6 for 29 from the field on the season, including a most inauspicious debut from three point range - 3 for 21.  I hope he continues to get some time on the floor, but he's certainly not taking advantage of his opportunities.  This is a rough start for a guy drafted on his shooting ability.

His whole life, Markus has been a guy who the coach played every minute of every game, and was always given the ultimate green light, with zero consequences if he was having a bad shooting night.  Now when he comes to the arena, he's not sure if he'll play at all, and when he does he knows he might get pulled if he misses a few shots.  Completely different mentality that's probably very difficult to adjust to.

Also, for the first time in his life, he's not the best player on the floor.  Most players have to make that particular mental and physical adjustment the first time they lace 'em up in a college game.  That was never the case for Markus.  With few exceptions, he was always the best player out there at Marquette.  Now, it's rare if he's in the top half.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 01:51:16 PM by Silent Verbal »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1052 on: February 17, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
His whole life, Markus has been a guy who the coach played every minute of every game, and was always given the ultimate green light, with zero consequences if he was having a bad shooting night.  Now when he comes to the arena, he's not sure if he'll play at all, and when he does he knows he might get pulled if he misses a few shots.  Completely different mentality that's probably very difficult to adjust to.

Also, for the first time in his life, he's not the best player on the floor.  Most players have to make that particular mental and physical adjustment the first time they lace 'em up in a college game.  That was never the case for Markus.  With few exceptions, he was always the best player out there at Marquette.  Now, it's rare if he's in the top half.

Ja Morant says hi
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1053 on: February 17, 2021, 03:07:18 PM »

Aside from saying Markus quite often (maybe even most of the time) wasn't the best player on the floor his freshman season at Marquette, I agree with you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1054 on: February 17, 2021, 06:57:42 PM »
Given that Jae is 3x the player Kaminsky is, this shouldn't be stunning.

I admit that I have bias, but whenever I watch Suns games, I can’t believe Kaminsky is even a rotation player for a playoff team. He’s slow, can’t stick with anyone defensively, and takes a lot of clumsy missed shots inside.   It’s even more glaring when he’s on the same team as Saric, a similar style of player, who makes him look entirely JV, despite not being a world beater himself.

Meanwhile Jae is almost always in the right spot, continues to rebound far better than his size, and has been shooting well from deep.

I’d be shocked if anyone signs Kaminsky once his deal is done. Ship off to Japan like a guy like Ryan Kelly. Meanwhile Jae continues to be a valuable contributor for playoff teams into his 9th year and don’t see that changing for awhile

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1055 on: February 17, 2021, 07:56:52 PM »
I admit that I have bias, but whenever I watch Suns games, I can’t believe Kaminsky is even a rotation player for a playoff team. He’s slow, can’t stick with anyone defensively, and takes a lot of clumsy missed shots inside.   It’s even more glaring when he’s on the same team as Saric, a similar style of player, who makes him look entirely JV, despite not being a world beater himself.

Meanwhile Jae is almost always in the right spot, continues to rebound far better than his size, and has been shooting well from deep.

I’d be shocked if anyone signs Kaminsky once his deal is done. Ship off to Japan like a guy like Ryan Kelly. Meanwhile Jae continues to be a valuable contributor for playoff teams into his 9th year and don’t see that changing for awhile

According to the media in Madison, Frank has yet to be properly used in the nba which I can only assume is unclogging toilets at halftime
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1056 on: February 17, 2021, 08:10:28 PM »

It helps when you are 7 feet but I agree he is a fringe player at best.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1057 on: February 17, 2021, 08:36:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/LakelandMagic/status/1360039293834698752?s=19

Rowsey doing Rowsey things in the G League
Haha that was awesome. I love everything about Andrew except his defense.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1058 on: February 17, 2021, 09:47:34 PM »
According to the media in Madison, Frank has yet to be properly used in the nba which I can only assume is unclogging toilets at halftime

That’s hysterical. There are plenty of 7 footers who can step out and shoot. Many are more athletic than Kaminsky and can defend at least somewhat.  Love that a guy who has been in the league over 5 years, multiple coaches, none of whom could get much more than decent bench production out of him, before even that has tailed off to where he is now....but it’s clearly a coaching/usage issue  ;D : :(

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1059 on: February 18, 2021, 06:33:51 AM »

Haven't heard Frank mentioned in the Madison media in years.  That is more telling than anything.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1060 on: February 18, 2021, 06:57:05 AM »
I’m all about BADger hate...Notre Dame hate too...but I’m sure Frank’s bank account is lookin’ quite fine. (is Frank the only BADger stiff in the nba these days?)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 07:01:35 AM by Marq3332 »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1061 on: February 18, 2021, 07:43:37 AM »
I’m all about BADger hate...Notre Dame hate too...but I’m sure Frank’s bank account is lookin’ quite fine. (is Frank the only BADger stiff in the nba these days?)

Well Herro is still on the Heat...wait a minute
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1062 on: February 18, 2021, 07:45:30 AM »

Remember when the entire starting lineup of the Kaminsky-led Madison team were gonna be NBA stars, even Josh Gasser?

That wasn't one of Jay Bilas' best calls.

Having said that, I am envious of Madison's success during that time. They were a fine team and if I didn't hate them so much, I might have even enjoyed watching them play. Ugh.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1063 on: February 18, 2021, 07:53:58 AM »
Regardless of their NBA success, that was a very talented UW team. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1064 on: February 18, 2021, 07:56:44 AM »
Yeah, wee should bea sew talented, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1065 on: February 18, 2021, 08:03:51 AM »
Obligatory Badger NBA post.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1066 on: February 18, 2021, 03:34:18 PM »

Yeah, wee should bea sew talented, aina?

Agree. And said so.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1067 on: February 18, 2021, 04:06:30 PM »

I also remember in 2003 before the draft that on "Bilas' Best" he rated Kirk Hinrich ahead of D. Wade.  That officially ended me listening to Bilas other than on a live broadcast.  :)

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #1068 on: February 18, 2021, 04:15:36 PM »
Career earnings, including all guaranteed future years:

Frank Kaminsky:  $18 million 
Jae Crowder:  $66 million  (includes two guaranteed future years)
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1069 on: March 03, 2021, 08:40:55 AM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1070 on: March 04, 2021, 09:17:49 PM »
Markus Howard out, covid protocol.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1071 on: March 04, 2021, 11:04:14 PM »
Markus Howard out, covid protocol.

He’s been out a few games. He was out the Bucks game on Tuesday for contact tracing too

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1073 on: March 05, 2021, 02:47:58 PM »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1074 on: March 05, 2021, 03:07:00 PM »
https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1367641908407922689

Is that John Fanta on PBP?

Sacar is one of my favorites. Let's see if he makes a NBA run.

feedback