Bailey2
Cain1
McEwen1

'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Arkansas - Pine Bluff

Marquette
Marquette vs.

Arkansas Pine Bluff

Date/Time: Nov 25, 2020, 9:00pm
TV: FS1
Schedule for 2019-20
18-12

Author Topic: Big East COVID Updates  (Read 2070 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Big East COVID Updates
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 11:22:29 AM »
When is the rest of the BE schedule going to be announced? 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
  • SJW is a badge of honor, not a pejorative.
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2020, 11:53:30 AM »
When is the rest of the BE schedule going to be announced?

That's been a frustration. I like to release previews in the order we play teams, but the lack of a full schedule means it's just kind of random now.
@Theojohn123: We are about change. If you can’t support us here. I ask you Please don’t support us on the court. #mubb #BlackLivesMatter

https://twitter.com/theojohn123/status/1268335482305425413?s=21

Hards_Alumni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2020, 12:10:46 PM »

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »
We don't deserve sports.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2020, 03:17:40 PM »
Pfizer said they’d have 50 million doses ready in December alone. Seems like they’ll get approval too. December 1st give everyone in college basketball the shot and then again on January 1st. Conference season and post season saved. Final Four here we come

Remember that most of these vaccines require two doses, so 50 million doses only covers 25 million people.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2020, 04:11:16 PM »
That's been a frustration. I like to release previews in the order we play teams, but the lack of a full schedule means it's just kind of random now.

It's pretty clear to me that the BE will be bubbling in January.

brewcity77

• All American
  • SJW is a badge of honor, not a pejorative.
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2020, 06:12:14 PM »
It's pretty clear to me that the BE will be bubbling in January.

Yup. And I'm guessing they will have two weeks between the end of the season and start of the tournament to get everyone into Indy and quarantined so the tourney goes off without a hitch.
@Theojohn123: We are about change. If you can’t support us here. I ask you Please don’t support us on the court. #mubb #BlackLivesMatter

https://twitter.com/theojohn123/status/1268335482305425413?s=21

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 08:43:37 PM »
Yup. And I'm guessing they will have two weeks between the end of the season and start of the tournament to get everyone into Indy and quarantined so the tourney goes off without a hitch.

Yes, Captain Obvious Moment from me. Sooo appreciate your write-ups and insights!

4everDawson

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2020, 09:50:26 PM »
We don't deserve sports.

And sports don't deserve us.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2020, 09:00:47 PM »
So how much interaction is there between the UCONN Men's and Women's programs?  I know that at least for MU, in social media videos posted of the team lifting weights and such you can occasionally see members of the women's team, or men's lacrosse etc. in the background.  Would/could they have have purposely separated all teams to avoid an all sports suspension?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • GOATs win championships
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2020, 12:47:34 AM »
Yeah a bubble would definitely work. But until its announced that it something they are going to legitamately aim for, this current plan is doomed to fail.

They work but conferences are hurting financially which is why none have set one up yet. The loss of tourney revenue from 2020 (NCAA and BET) is really hitting them hard. harder than member institutions. For the BE to bubble 20+ people, per school, for a month, and put on 200+ games (if they are looking at a full schedule) would be ridiculously expensive and conferences have recognized it.

You have to cut down travel. I wouldn’t go as far as the Patriot League has but doing 2 game weekends (e.g., MU hosts PC Friday and Sunday) instead of the normal home and homes is probably the best scheduling model.

The optimism I hold is for what Rothstein calls “the Golden Window.,” during breaks when other students are not around over break. Then we have the closest thing to a bubble.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 12:52:40 AM by Billy Hoyle »
What, you still throwing up bricks? What is this, a Masons convention? Clank, clank! I need, like, a welding torch to play in this league! I got an idea, let's just stop right now and gather up all these bricks and let's build a shelter for the homeless so maybe your mother will have a place to stay

Fluffy Blue Monster

• All American
  • Send it in...medium-sized fella!!
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2020, 07:58:12 AM »
I agree with you Billy.  The NBA had the money to make it work.  I doubt the conferences make enough with basketball to make it worth their while.  (BTW, a full schedule of BE games only equals 110.)

Think about it this way.  The BE makes $40 million a year through its television contract with Fox.  For teams to get adequate rest AND play a full time schedule, that would require a bubble of six weeks.  Probably more like 7 or 8 if you include a BET too.  Also, Fox is going to have to agree to this.  Do they want all those games shoved into a six to eight week timeframe when they have three months of programming to fill?

The other option is that the BE does what it might do now.  Hope for the best.  And if 1/3 of the games get cancelled, that is still a more profitable option than a bubble with a full schedule.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.”  -Clarence Darrow

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2020, 08:04:05 AM »
Well, the players could get this if they really get sick, but it will more likely go to folks like me who are over 65.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/business/money-report/regeneron-will-provide-300000-doses-of-covid-treatment-for-u-s-by-early-january-ceo-schleifer-says/2741034/