[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1944697 times)

leever

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #5650 on: December 30, 2018, 02:40:20 PM »
So, how 'bout that Tom Crean Guy, eh?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5651 on: December 30, 2018, 05:42:43 PM »
So, how 'bout that Tom Crean Guy, eh?

Haven't been following, but it seems like a no-lose gig. After I4, where a couple of Big ?? Titles and three Sweet Sixteens got him fired, he lands at a place where they kept Mark Fox around for 9 years even though he never won a single NCAA Tournament game. Heck, win a couple games in the Dance and they might put him in their hall of fame....

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5652 on: December 30, 2018, 05:51:48 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5653 on: December 30, 2018, 06:31:15 PM »
ND sucks

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5654 on: December 30, 2018, 06:48:46 PM »
The two cringiest NYE shows:

2. Mariah Carey a couple of years ago, when it was exposed that her high notes were dubbed in

1. Dick Clark awhile back when it was painfully obvious he had not recovered from his stroke.

+1. Watching Dick Clark struggle was painful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5655 on: December 31, 2018, 05:02:07 PM »
So does anyone here think it would be fun to be on the ground in Times Square when the ball drops? Not in the hypothetical world where you could stroll into the party at 11:45, see the ball drop and move on...but in the real world where they contain spectators in pens for several hours before midnight, don't have real toilets, and don't permit bags or backpacks (or even umbrellas - relevant this year)?

I could see maybe many years ago, maybe pre-9/11. But the hassles today hardly seem worth it.

Others?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5656 on: December 31, 2018, 05:14:59 PM »
Mrs. Hilltopper saw the ball drop circa '93.   Was easier back then.

Fast forward to 2018, for lack of any other excitement, I suggested to her that we strap on the feed bag at Arby's and get tossed out when they close.

That would be a fitting end to this crap year.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5657 on: December 31, 2018, 07:16:08 PM »
So does anyone here think it would be fun to be on the ground in Times Square when the ball drops? Not in the hypothetical world where you could stroll into the party at 11:45, see the ball drop and move on...but in the real world where they contain spectators in pens for several hours before midnight, don't have real toilets, and don't permit bags or backpacks (or even umbrellas - relevant this year)?

I could see maybe many years ago, maybe pre-9/11. But the hassles today hardly seem worth it.

Others?

Absolute
Hell
On
Earth.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #5658 on: December 31, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »
Mrs. Hilltopper saw the ball drop circa '93.   Was easier back then.

Fast forward to 2018, for lack of any other excitement, I suggested to her that we strap on the feed bag at Arby's and get tossed out when they close.

That would be a fitting end to this crap year.

I’m sitting in a movie theatre lobby right now. I hope I can make it until the movie ends.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #5659 on: December 31, 2018, 08:13:15 PM »

Others?
I went once in the early 1980s. It was bad then . Would never do it again.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5660 on: December 31, 2018, 09:44:50 PM »
In a brewpub in Edmonds, Washington, waiting on our 8:15 dinner reservation at another restaurant.

It's our first trip to Seattle and I am in love.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5661 on: December 31, 2018, 09:50:43 PM »
In a brewpub in Edmonds, Washington, waiting on our 8:15 dinner reservation at another restaurant.

Great city, great coffee (as long as you stay away from Starbucks).

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #5662 on: December 31, 2018, 09:51:51 PM »

Hopefully you have access to the big game tomorrow.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #5663 on: December 31, 2018, 09:55:47 PM »

Weird.  My brother who lives in Edmunds is here in Wisconsin...umm...probably only interesting to me. 😁

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #5664 on: December 31, 2018, 10:52:27 PM »
Great city, great coffee (as long as you stay away from Starbucks).

Tourists going to the 1st Starbucks down by the public market is the only exception.

In a small world story, my wife and I went once and the people in line in front of us were also from Wisconsin.

But that was our only Seattle Starbucks visit.  The rest of the time we went to small coffee houses.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5665 on: December 31, 2018, 11:16:44 PM »
Tourists going to the 1st Starbucks down by the public market is the only exception.

In a small world story, my wife and I went once and the people in line in front of us were also from Wisconsin.

But that was our only Seattle Starbucks visit.  The rest of the time we went to small coffee houses.

Fair enough- worth a visit.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #5666 on: December 31, 2018, 11:17:03 PM »

Watch out for the minimum wage increase effects

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #5667 on: December 31, 2018, 11:43:16 PM »
Watch out for the minimum wage increase effects

Yep, everything is definitely more expensive here. A basic bacon and egg breakfast will set you back about 12 bucks.
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #5668 on: January 01, 2019, 10:18:53 AM »

Ya oughta ring up keefe. Pretty sure y'all wood hit it off swell, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5669 on: January 01, 2019, 02:09:08 PM »
New Years Eve/New Years Day food traditions.

What's your family's tradition?  My wife's family makes coneys at midnight. Typically, they get the coney sauce from Deluxe Coney Island restaurant in Duluth.  This place has been open since 1928.  Pretty good stuff for Duluth.

Dgies, I'm guessing your folks fed you some of this stuff back in the day.   We fed some to the FIL last night. He doubled down with a second helping.

Any other interesting food traditions for this holiday?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #5670 on: January 01, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »
The two cringiest NYE shows:

2. Mariah Carey a couple of years ago, when it was exposed that her high notes were dubbed in

1. Dick Clark awhile back when it was painfully obvious he had not recovered from his stroke.

Might as well add the Chrissy teigen show to this list unless you like steaming “things”. These people have no awareness but the person in the mirror.  If you’re wondering, check out the critique of her New Year’s Eve performance on NBC last night.  Guys, I wouldn’t try this at home😵
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5671 on: January 01, 2019, 05:06:34 PM »
New Years Eve/New Years Day food traditions.

What's your family's tradition?  My wife's family makes coneys at midnight. Typically, they get the coney sauce from Deluxe Coney Island restaurant in Duluth.  This place has been open since 1928.  Pretty good stuff for Duluth.

Dgies, I'm guessing your folks fed you some of this stuff back in the day.   We fed some to the FIL last night. He doubled down with a second helping.

Any other interesting food traditions for this holiday?

I used to love NYE/NYD because all the best college bowls were played within about 36 hours. Sugar Bowl on NYE, followed by the Cotton, Rose and Orange Bowls on NYD.

Alas....

source?

• All American
« Reply #5672 on: January 01, 2019, 05:13:20 PM »

Others?

The closest I've ever come was 2014/15 in Sydney when I waited for hours in line at 9 am to get into Mrs Macquerie's (sp) chair where I had the privilege of sharing 8 port a potties with thousands of people, burning like hell in the summer sun. The fireworks off the harbor bridge and parade of boats were amazing. The drunk zombie shuffle to the metro was not. I imagine NYC is 10x worse, and I'm getting too old for that crap.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5673 on: January 01, 2019, 05:28:11 PM »
Gonna pick up Panera quick before the game begins... crowd-sourcing -- should I roll with the french onion soup or chicken & wild rice? Super on the fence here.

Then again I may change my mind and go through Freddy's drive-thru... really don't want to put on clothes for my 8 seconds in Panera.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #5674 on: January 01, 2019, 05:57:36 PM »
Gonna pick up Panera quick before the game begins... crowd-sourcing -- should I roll with the french onion soup or chicken & wild rice? Super on the fence here.

Then again I may change my mind and go through Freddy's drive-thru... really don't want to put on clothes for my 8 seconds in Panera.

Chicken & wild rice.

feedback