[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1933666 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: NM
« Reply #7275 on: September 03, 2019, 07:23:47 AM »
This is getting a little out of hand.  Where do they draw the line?  Hippos?  Elephants?  2 of each?  Noah’s airline?  What if I tell them I don’t feel safe?  Don’t my feelings matter? 2 can play this game...or not?   Flying is not a right. 

Does it really bother you that much? Are you seriously inconvenienced in any way?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #7276 on: September 03, 2019, 07:38:26 AM »
My ancestors came in 1630, exact year is in my records to which I don't have access right now. They were on
the east coast until 1847 when they moved to WI. I believe to Southwest Waukesha Colunty. Near Big Bend.
More specifically to an area between the two Muskego Lakes.
Those who arrived first in this country, were Puritans associated with Rev Thomas Hooker, a Puritan of the strictest order.
To my knowledge no one has ever been able to learn where in England they came from. When my brother was in England
her went to an historical site that had the names of the Knights who were with William the first and our family name
was on it.
We have some old documents (copies) including wills that predate the American Revolution. We have other documents
dating to the very early 20th century, including photos. Our original resident of WI is buried in West Bend.

Thomas Hooker founded Connecticut because Massachusetts wasn't Puritan enough.
There is a great brewery in Bloomfield & Hartford named for him.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7277 on: September 03, 2019, 08:21:45 AM »
So, a Catholic elementary school I attended in the '70's is banning Harry Potter books.

https://jezebel.com/exorcists-convinced-a-catholic-school-to-toss-their-har-1837814417
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 08:23:38 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7278 on: September 03, 2019, 08:21:49 AM »
Actually,  miniature horses were one of the two original animals allowed onto flights. The ADA only allows for two kinds of animals to be service animals,  dogs and miniature horses. So this is not an example of things getting hand... it's more of a getting back to the roots of service animals on planes.

Actual, honest to goodness service animals -- dogs (and, very rarely, miniature horses) that are trained to assist a disabled person -- are not where things are "getting out of hand."  Where things are "getting out of hand" is people who are insisting on taking their pets everywhere just because they want to, and they're claiming that they are service animals and/or emotional support animals because they went on the internet and bought a certificate or a vest for their dog.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7279 on: September 03, 2019, 10:11:04 AM »
More of da pussification of America, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #7280 on: September 03, 2019, 10:51:36 AM »
MU fan in Conn -- I didn't know he founded Conn, but my records show that he "removed to Conn with Thomas Hooker", so my info is the same as yours about Puritan to the nth degree. I sure am nothing like him.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7281 on: September 03, 2019, 11:03:28 AM »
Does it really bother you that much? Are you seriously inconvenienced in any way?

if i get on a flight and there's a giraffe on the plane...yes!  anything other than what can fit into a little purse and/or under the seat is too much.  i'm not going to be the one like you who says it's ok and if only it helps one person etc etc...until you have a horse's arse in your face for a 4 hour flight.

could you imagine the packers boarding a flight from austin straubel with their herd of comfy animals?
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #7282 on: September 03, 2019, 11:08:17 AM »
if i get on a flight and there's a giraffe on the plane...yes!  anything other than what can fit into a little purse and/or under the seat is too much.  i'm not going to be the one like you who says it's ok and if only it helps one person etc etc...until you have a horse's arse in your face for a 4 hour flight.

could you imagine the packers boarding a flight from austin straubel with their herd of comfy animals?

So it bothers you only when you resort to hyperbole.  Got it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7283 on: September 03, 2019, 12:17:16 PM »

I've sat next to many horse's asses on flights that I would have gladly exchanged for an actual miniature horse.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7284 on: September 03, 2019, 12:23:52 PM »
Looking for an inexpensive Chromebook that is reliable.  Don't know much about them.  Will be using it for e-mail, facebook, and some basic ap's.  Nothing fancy.

Anyone have a recommendation?

I'm focusing in on a Lenovo C330.  it's only $200.  Doesn't have a ton of memory, but not sure I need much with how we plan to use it.  I've also got a work laptop and a work Ipad for "bigger" applications.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/lenovo-n-series/Lenovo-Chromebook-C330/p/88LGCC31078?cid=us:sem|se|msn|79714830333874|Lenovo+Chromebook+C330||291412666&s_kwcid=AL!4030!10!79714698869160!79714830333874&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=[campain-name]&utm_term=[keyword]&ef_id=WuyNMgAACu_YyfyQ:20190903172323:s 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7285 on: September 03, 2019, 12:48:41 PM »
So, a Catholic elementary school I attended in the '70's is banning Harry Potter books.

https://jezebel.com/exorcists-convinced-a-catholic-school-to-toss-their-har-1837814417

Don’t wanna turn your old school into Hogwarts, eh?

Have they banned Catcher in the Rye?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7286 on: September 03, 2019, 01:59:54 PM »

So it bothers you only when you resort to hyperbole.  Got it.

ok, i will try this one more time-yes it bothers me because any flight i book, could have a petting zoo on it that if i would have known at the time of booking, would choose another flight.  that way, i would not be interfering with anyone else "well being" and they wouldn't affect mine.  i have just as much of a right to feel uncomfortable with their choices as they do.  what if your child had severe allergies, i.e peanut allergies or in this case, horsey allergies

• All American
« Reply #7287 on: September 03, 2019, 02:09:20 PM »
ok, i will try this one more time-yes it bothers me because any flight i book, could have a petting zoo on it that if i would have known at the time of booking, would choose another flight.  that way, i would not be interfering with anyone else "well being" and they wouldn't affect mine.  i have just as much of a right to feel uncomfortable with their choices as they do.  what if your child had severe allergies, i.e peanut allergies or in this case, horsey allergies

You seem to be dismissing the idea that these people might need these animals.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7288 on: September 03, 2019, 02:18:30 PM »
Again,  miniature horses are one of the two animals that can actually serve as an actual service animal. Not a comfort animal,  not an emotional support animal,  a service animal (think seeing eye dog or dog that can sense when a diabetics blood sugar is low) This person likely had a disability that required the presence of their service animal. That trumps any discomfort any person may feel,  though I absolutely understand why some would be uncomfortable. Just remember,  the person with the disability probably feels a lot more uncomfortable with everyone on the plane judging them than you do.

Most airlines have now put restrictions on emotional support animals. The restrictions vary by airline but you aren't going to be seeing giraffes on any flights. Only dogs and miniature horses can be counted as service animals which legally cannot be restricted. (Though the dog/ miniature horse actually has to be a service animal)

This is all for the USA of course. IDK the laws in other countries
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 02:21:42 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #7289 on: September 03, 2019, 02:57:24 PM »
I am by no means an animal expert but I do know that dogs can be trained to resist nature's urges until an appropriate opportunity arises (which on an airplane is most certainly not).  Can horses be trained the same way?  Not gonna lie, if I gotta smell horse crap for an entire flight I would probably be pretty irritated too.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #7290 on: September 03, 2019, 03:01:49 PM »

You're free to call your airline to find out if a service animal is booked on a flight. If so and you have an allergy or other health issue, the airline will work to put you on another flight without fees.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7291 on: September 03, 2019, 04:09:12 PM »
You're free to call your airline to find out if a service animal is booked on a flight. If so and you have an allergy or other health issue, the airline will work to put you on another flight without fees.

thank you!  that's all-good to know, but i never would have thought we were getting to this point

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7292 on: September 03, 2019, 04:14:03 PM »
Every good rule leads to some people who take advantage and violate it (or the spirit of it). That doesn't make the rule any less important.

And I kinda doubt we will see service giraffes on flights anytime soon....

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7293 on: September 03, 2019, 05:33:06 PM »
I always fly with my one-eyed albino rhino.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7294 on: September 03, 2019, 05:43:20 PM »
I always fly with my one-eyed albino rhino.

How can people tell which one is the therapy animal?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #7295 on: September 03, 2019, 06:23:26 PM »
Ive seen videos of horses giving more than just a little emotional support. Eyna?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7296 on: September 03, 2019, 07:40:50 PM »
Taught da Parkway and Princess closed down yeers ago, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7297 on: September 03, 2019, 08:42:51 PM »
  thank you!  that's all-good to know, but i never would have thought we were getting to this point

Again, miniature horses that are service animals have been allowed on planes since the 70s. We "got to this point" 40 years ago.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7298 on: September 03, 2019, 09:20:20 PM »
Taught da Parkway and Princess closed down yeers ago, hey?

People stream that stuff at home now. And the trench coat market took a big hit.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7299 on: September 03, 2019, 10:04:32 PM »

All I can say is, "Wow."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson