Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1894797 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #7300 on: September 03, 2019, 10:09:26 PM »
Looking for an inexpensive Chromebook that is reliable.  Don't know much about them.  Will be using it for e-mail, facebook, and some basic ap's.  Nothing fancy.

Anyone have a recommendation?

I'm focusing in on a Lenovo C330.  it's only $200.  Doesn't have a ton of memory, but not sure I need much with how we plan to use it.  I've also got a work laptop and a work Ipad for "bigger" applications.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/lenovo-n-series/Lenovo-Chromebook-C330/p/88LGCC31078?cid=us:sem|se|msn|79714830333874|Lenovo+Chromebook+C330||291412666&s_kwcid=AL!4030!10!79714698869160!79714830333874&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=[campain-name]&utm_term=[keyword]&ef_id=WuyNMgAACu_YyfyQ:20190903172323:s

chili, I bought an Acer chromebook at Costco about 2 years ago and loved it so much that my wife got one, too. Both still work superbly, and we use them exactly for the stuff you describe.

Here's one Costco is advertising now: https://www.costco.com/Acer-14%22-Chromebook-Bundle---Intel-Celeron---1080p---Bonus-Acer-Wireless-Mouse-and-Protective-Sleeve---Stellar-Blue.product.100407290.html

It's more expensive than the Lenovo you describe, but it does come with a couple of extras, and Costco has both the best return policy in all of retail, adds an extra year of warranty and gives a couple years of free technical assistance if needed. Of course, one needs to be a Costco member to take advantage of all of this. Costco does put these on sale every once in awhile, too -- knocks 40 or 50 off, if that matters.

I am absolutely not a computer expert, and have no idea if an Acer is better long-term than a Lenovo. Just saying that we bought Acers at Costco and have been quite happy with them.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #7301 on: September 04, 2019, 08:17:47 AM »
MU fan in Conn -- I didn't know he founded Conn, but my records show that he "removed to Conn with Thomas Hooker", so my info is the same as yours about Puritan to the nth degree. I sure am nothing like him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Hooker

https://hookerbeer.com/

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #7302 on: September 04, 2019, 09:17:05 AM »
Again,  miniature horses are one of the two animals that can actually serve as an actual service animal. Not a comfort animal,  not an emotional support animal,  a service animal (think seeing eye dog or dog that can sense when a diabetics blood sugar is low) This person likely had a disability that required the presence of their service animal. That trumps any discomfort any person may feel,  though I absolutely understand why some would be uncomfortable. Just remember,  the person with the disability probably feels a lot more uncomfortable with everyone on the plane judging them than you do.

Most airlines have now put restrictions on emotional support animals. The restrictions vary by airline but you aren't going to be seeing giraffes on any flights. Only dogs and miniature horses can be counted as service animals which legally cannot be restricted. (Though the dog/ miniature horse actually has to be a service animal)

This is all for the USA of course. IDK the laws in other countries

theBabyDavid has a Pony of America. Thus far he hasn't felt the need to bring it along on any aircraft flight.

We went up to the San Juans recently on a Kenmore Air Beaver. It would be hilarious to try to get the pony on a Beaver.

Pony of America

A Kenmore Air Beaver

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #7303 on: September 04, 2019, 09:21:30 AM »
By the way, The Beaver is just a mighty fine ride. Smooth as silk and glides on water. I spent 40 minutes inside a Beaver Monday and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. I made a promise to myself that I need to do that again.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7304 on: September 04, 2019, 09:25:42 AM »
Reminds me .. awesome.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TRozAbaKs9M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TRozAbaKs9M</a>
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 09:27:51 AM by mu_hilltopper »

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #7305 on: September 04, 2019, 09:34:24 AM »
Reminds me .. awesome.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TRozAbaKs9M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TRozAbaKs9M</a>

Is that Patrick Reed narrating the Beaver video?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7306 on: September 04, 2019, 12:11:43 PM »
By the way, The Beaver is just a mighty fine ride. Smooth as silk and glides on water. I spent 40 minutes inside a Beaver Monday and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. I made a promise to myself that I need to do that again.

I can confirm that the Beaver that Jon is referencing is in fact smooth as silk and every second is enjoyable.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7307 on: September 04, 2019, 01:49:39 PM »

No chit, 40 minutes? Yo a bedder man dan mee, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7308 on: September 04, 2019, 03:09:53 PM »
Life sucks. And then we all end up as dust.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7309 on: September 04, 2019, 07:50:27 PM »
chili, I bought an Acer chromebook at Costco about 2 years ago and loved it so much that my wife got one, too. Both still work superbly, and we use them exactly for the stuff you describe.

Here's one Costco is advertising now: https://www.costco.com/Acer-14%22-Chromebook-Bundle---Intel-Celeron---1080p---Bonus-Acer-Wireless-Mouse-and-Protective-Sleeve---Stellar-Blue.product.100407290.html

It's more expensive than the Lenovo you describe, but it does come with a couple of extras, and Costco has both the best return policy in all of retail, adds an extra year of warranty and gives a couple years of free technical assistance if needed. Of course, one needs to be a Costco member to take advantage of all of this. Costco does put these on sale every once in awhile, too -- knocks 40 or 50 off, if that matters.

I am absolutely not a computer expert, and have no idea if an Acer is better long-term than a Lenovo. Just saying that we bought Acers at Costco and have been quite happy with them.

Mike, after a day of ownership....I agree!!!

Thanks for your response. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7310 on: September 04, 2019, 08:07:03 PM »

hey ward, hope you weren't a little hard on the beaver

jonny, can ya land that bad boy in a swimming pool?  just let me know and i'll leave the light on for ya...'bout 3 miles north of lukes
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #7311 on: September 04, 2019, 10:39:58 PM »
hey ward, hope you weren't a little hard on the beaver

jonny, can ya land that bad boy in a swimming pool?  just let me know and i'll leave the light on for ya...'bout 3 miles north of lukes

While I ride those things all the time here, in BC, and Alaska I have never actually flown a float plane. Obviously I could fly one but the landing might be a bit bumpy.

One of our Native Corp partners have fat tire STOL aircraft that can take off and land in less than 15 yards of gravel river bed.

Bush pilots know their stuff.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #7312 on: September 05, 2019, 09:08:03 AM »

No chit, 40 minutes? Yo a bedder man dan mee, hey?

Those bush pilots spend all day in a Beaver, Doc.

You really got to love the bush to do that.

The bush is very real once you get north of Everett. It's just not there anymore in the Lower 48.

harryp

• Starter
« Reply #7313 on: September 05, 2019, 11:19:48 AM »
mu fan in CT -- thank you very much. I don't know how my brother and I missed this, but we did and appreciate it very much. You must be a GREAT researcher. ;

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #7314 on: September 05, 2019, 12:43:42 PM »
mu fan in CT -- thank you very much. I don't know how my brother and I missed this, but we did and appreciate it very much. You must be a GREAT researcher. ;

I've been nicknamed the Ambassador of Connecticut by friends.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7315 on: September 06, 2019, 02:53:41 PM »
I had an "Impossible" Whopper today.  It was .. not impressive. 

It was fine, although like any burger, bits of it cook faster than others, but with beef that means char .. with this veggie thing it was just a hard chunk.  Didn't smell like beef, which was a negative.

If there were no cows to grind up and eat, I could eat the Impossible, but it wasn't as enjoyable, and not worth the premium price, though. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7316 on: September 06, 2019, 03:00:31 PM »
I had an "Impossible" Whopper today.  It was .. not impressive. 

It was fine, although like any burger, bits of it cook faster than others, but with beef that means char .. with this veggie thing it was just a hard chunk.  Didn't smell like beef, which was a negative.

If there were no cows to grind up and eat, I could eat the Impossible, but it wasn't as enjoyable, and not worth the premium price, though.

I prefer my cows sliced into paper thin slices and slathered with cheddar and Arby's sauce, but good to know the fake cow meat is just meh.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7317 on: September 06, 2019, 03:07:15 PM »
Fake Arby's cow meat would be a travesty but entirely fitting with the whole life is suffering thing.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7318 on: September 06, 2019, 03:08:30 PM »
Fake Arby's cow meat would be a travesty but entirely fitting with the whole life is suffering thing.

Would have to cut those veggie meat slices with a mandoline.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7319 on: September 06, 2019, 04:32:19 PM »

If there are no cows, how do we solve the cheddar problem? Liquid Gold, baby!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7320 on: September 06, 2019, 04:59:04 PM »
If there are no cows, how do we solve the cheddar problem? Liquid Gold, baby!

Calling Velveeta "cheese" is like calling soybeans "roast beef."

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7321 on: September 06, 2019, 05:18:15 PM »

Calling Velveeta "cheese" is like calling soybeans "roast beef."

According to their own label: “Prepared Cheese Product”.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7322 on: September 06, 2019, 05:50:04 PM »
According to their own label: “Prepared Cheese Product”.

Fair enough. I guess it officially counts as long as they add enough stuff to make it look and taste almost sorta cheese-like.

Hey - maybe that could be their next ad slogan: "Buy Velveeta! Almost sorta cheese-like!"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7323 on: September 06, 2019, 06:05:55 PM »

Fair enough. I guess it officially counts as long as they add enough stuff to make it look and taste almost sorta cheese-like.

Hey - maybe that could be their next ad slogan: "Buy Velveeta! Almost sorta cheese-like!"

A “I will have Prepared Beef ‘n Cheddar Product, please” has a fine dining ring to it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7324 on: September 06, 2019, 07:46:18 PM »
A “I will have Prepared Beef ‘n Cheddar Product, please” has a fine dining ring to it.

With a Red Delicious apple on the side?

feedback