'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1942920 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: NM
« Reply #7025 on: July 31, 2019, 03:52:33 PM »
Arby's for lunch, Olive Garden for dinner.

https://www.businessinsider.com/olive-garden-pasta-pass-how-to-get-one-2019-7

.. The PastaPass sold out in ONE minute last year. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7026 on: July 31, 2019, 04:06:00 PM »

Maybe just a lot of people training for marathons. Or not.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7027 on: July 31, 2019, 05:07:33 PM »

You trying to earn money for a charity?  I will donate a $1 per calorie. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7028 on: July 31, 2019, 06:45:11 PM »
Just got Cafe Zupas again.. first time in several months. Again, very disappointed in needing to repeat my order to various people throughout the line. So dumb and annoying. Got the (newish) steak and cheese sandwich and it was not good.

Have been frequenting a new arrival into town... Thai Express. It's a Canadian company.. thai food made in a wok right when you order it... prices are ... ok, I guess, at around $10.50 for an entree... but a little high for it being essentially fast casual. HOWEVER, each day there is a different special of the day that cycles through 7 entrees.. for only ~$6.50.

Thai Express isn't great food, but having 'made to order' thai for $6.50 works for me. Has been quick and easy. Also can add on a small 'imperial roll' (not a good egg roll) and a pop for $2.50.

I think I'm addicted to it, even though I don't think it's good. Just so quick, easy and reasonably priced (the special of the day, that is).

Also, tried the tacos at Burger King last week. Absolutely horrendous. Zero taste and bizarre texture. I can down Taco Bell tacos (with hot sauce & add onion) all day and be fine.. but, the BK tacos were nasty and worthless.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7029 on: July 31, 2019, 07:30:06 PM »
Just got Cafe Zupas again.. first time in several months. Again, very disappointed in needing to repeat my order to various people throughout the line. So dumb and annoying. Got the (newish) steak and cheese sandwich and it was not good.

Have been frequenting a new arrival into town... Thai Express. It's a Canadian company.. thai food made in a wok right when you order it... prices are ... ok, I guess, at around $10.50 for an entree... but a little high for it being essentially fast casual. HOWEVER, each day there is a different special of the day that cycles through 7 entrees.. for only ~$6.50.

Thai Express isn't great food, but having 'made to order' thai for $6.50 works for me. Has been quick and easy. Also can add on a small 'imperial roll' (not a good egg roll) and a pop for $2.50.

I think I'm addicted to it, even though I don't think it's good. Just so quick, easy and reasonably priced (the special of the day, that is).

Also, tried the tacos at Burger King last week. Absolutely horrendous. Zero taste and bizarre texture. I can down Taco Bell tacos (with hot sauce & add onion) all day and be fine.. but, the BK tacos were nasty and worthless.

MSG will kill you faster than grain, hey?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7030 on: July 31, 2019, 07:32:10 PM »
  speaking of "fast" asian food, i've seen a number of panda express's open in new shopping areas.  i don't think i've ever had it, so i can't really criticize it.  if i did have it, either i don't remember it or i've blocked it out of my mind for safety issues or something.  i don't however, have any real urges or craving for it.   what is the "scoop" opinion on panda express
don't...don't don't don't don't

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7031 on: July 31, 2019, 07:42:22 PM »
  speaking of "fast" asian food, i've seen a number of panda express's open in new shopping areas.  i don't think i've ever had it, so i can't really criticize it.  if i did have it, either i don't remember it or i've blocked it out of my mind for safety issues or something.  i don't however, have any real urges or craving for it.   what is the "scoop" opinion on panda express

Panda Express is the Taco Bell of Chinese food.
Have some patience, FFS.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7032 on: July 31, 2019, 07:54:16 PM »

If you are looking for decent stir fry by you, try the HYVee off of 610 and Zane. They have a habachi grill for one of their walk up stations. All made fresh in front of you. You pick the ingredients. Proteins include shrimp, chicken, steak and pork. Fresh veggies from their produce section. Plus, they have 8 different sauces and really spicy crushed red peppers in oil to add. You portion the ingredients, as long as it can fit in a rather sizable bowl. If you do it right, it’s two meals worth for a little over $8.  Tasty and great value.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7033 on: July 31, 2019, 07:55:20 PM »
I haven’t had fast Chinese food since college...when I got an egg roll at Wong’s Wok and found a staple inside.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7034 on: July 31, 2019, 07:56:38 PM »

Bad take.

Panda Express is legit.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7035 on: July 31, 2019, 08:24:25 PM »
Panda Express is a guilty pleasure. It's trash but tasty trash
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7036 on: July 31, 2019, 08:28:28 PM »
Panda Express is a guilty pleasure. It's trash but tasty trash

Right up there with a dozen sliders with cheese.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7037 on: July 31, 2019, 09:15:36 PM »
Last time I was at a Panda Express was about 8 years, not bad, not excellent but adequate. Did run into Butch Lee that time, so it was excellent.
Goal is National Championship

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #7038 on: July 31, 2019, 09:26:16 PM »
An actual apple article. sad that I immediately thought of this thread while I was reading it.

https://story.californiasunday.com/cosmic-crisp-apple-launch

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7039 on: July 31, 2019, 09:39:30 PM »
So...

Panda Express is to US Chinese food as Arby's is to world peace?

Can we get a ruling?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7040 on: July 31, 2019, 10:06:44 PM »
So...

Panda Express is to US Chinese food as Arby's is to world peace?

Can we get a ruling?
Could go for that
Goal is National Championship

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #7041 on: July 31, 2019, 10:25:55 PM »

So F*cking Delicious!
But I like to throw handfuls...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7042 on: July 31, 2019, 11:00:29 PM »
An actual apple article. sad that I immediately thought of this thread while I was reading it.

https://story.californiasunday.com/cosmic-crisp-apple-launch

I don’t understand why that’s sad.

NM is America’s most important source for apple issues.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7043 on: July 31, 2019, 11:52:08 PM »
So F*cking Delicious!

Panda Bell or Taco Express?  Very confused.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #7044 on: August 01, 2019, 02:49:29 AM »

Rocket: Panda Express = S H I T

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #7045 on: August 01, 2019, 08:49:32 AM »
On his way home to his offseason home in Atlanta, where the Reds play next, Tanner Roark was craving a classic beef and cheddar sandwich topped with some curly fries from the American fast food institution that does indeed have the meats, Arby’s, according to The Athletic. While in the parking lot, he got the news: he was traded all the way across the country to the Athletics.

He clearly won’t be making his cross-country trek by car, meaning he’ll miss out on other potential life-changing drive-thru experiences. No word on how he feels about In-N-Out, though.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7046 on: August 01, 2019, 09:22:21 AM »
Twin Cities is on its way to banning drive thru's.  How politically incorrect is that?????  Discriminating against the Arby's customer base.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7047 on: August 01, 2019, 09:34:55 AM »
Twin Cities is on its way to banning drive thru's.  How politically incorrect is that?????  Discriminating against the Arby's customer base.

What's the reasoning?  Drive-thrus discriminate against people who don't have cars?
Have some patience, FFS.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7048 on: August 01, 2019, 09:35:41 AM »
What's the reasoning?  Drive-thrus discriminate against people who don't have cars?

Safety. Existing drive thrus would be exempt.  Just no new ones allowed.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7049 on: August 01, 2019, 09:40:40 AM »

http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-makes-push-for-banning-new-drive-through-services/510043872/

Looks like it's a tree-hugger thing against cars, idling in the line before picking up those beef n cheddars.

Existing drive thrus would be grandfathered.