[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 79Warrior
[Today at 02:33:33 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1936785 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NM
« Reply #7000 on: July 27, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »
I'm dealing with a serious issue at home, so naturally I came here for advice or perhaps just a bit of emotional support.

My wife picked up a new kind of apple we had never heard of: Piñata. After trying a couple my wife declared them the worst apple she has ever tasted. I thought surely she was excepting the Red Delicious, so I asked. The answer shook me to my core: "They're even worse."

I'm really struggling with this. Should I take my wife to the ER to see if maybe she had a stroke? Or maybe a psychiatrist? And please don't suggest that I try one for myself. I have eaten some disgusting things. Durian comes to mind. But I draw the line at something purported to be even worse than a Red Delicious.

Thoughts? Words of support? Suggestions for environmentally responsible disposal?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7001 on: July 27, 2019, 02:54:35 PM »
I'm dealing with a serious issue at home, so naturally I came here for advice or perhaps just a bit of emotional support.

My wife picked up a new kind of apple we had never heard of: Piñata. After trying a couple my wife declared them the worst apple she has ever tasted. I thought surely she was excepting the Red Delicious, so I asked. The answer shook me to my core: "They're even worse."

I'm really struggling with this. Should I take my wife to the ER to see if maybe she had a stroke? Or maybe a psychiatrist? And please don't suggest that I try one for myself. I have eaten some disgusting things. Durian comes to mind. But I draw the line at something purported to be even worse than a Red Delicious.

Thoughts? Words of support? Suggestions for environmentally responsible disposal?

Nuke them from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #7002 on: July 27, 2019, 02:58:15 PM »

consult jon about how a real man handles it. probably had something he enjoys doing sexually with a young woman with nasty apples.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7003 on: July 27, 2019, 03:50:20 PM »
consult jon about how a real man handles it. probably had something he enjoys doing sexually with a young woman with nasty apples.
Involves apple pie
Goal is National Championship

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7004 on: July 27, 2019, 04:38:27 PM »

i have a funny feeling jon would be fitting them forcefully into both of your orafices. 

just an fyi-i think the patriot has a purple heart and more than enough stories to make a grown man cry for his momma
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7005 on: July 27, 2019, 04:46:24 PM »
  i have a funny feeling jon would be fitting them forcefully into both of your orafices. 

just an fyi-i think the patriot has a purple heart and more than enough stories to make a grown man cry for his momma

He’s made that well known to everyone on Scoop. Many times.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7006 on: July 27, 2019, 05:04:28 PM »
He’s made that well known to everyone on Scoop. Many times.

To infinity and beyond.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7007 on: July 27, 2019, 05:26:56 PM »
To infinity and beyond.

that was meant for the unbiased dude with a bias ;)  anyone else here have one of those? 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7008 on: July 27, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »
that was meant for the unbiased dude with a bias ;)  anyone else here have one of those?
Biased an unbiased, guilty!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7009 on: July 27, 2019, 05:37:50 PM »
When did the conversation shift to Len Bias?

Oh, wait....

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #7010 on: July 27, 2019, 05:43:30 PM »
When did the conversation shift to Len Bias?

Oh, wait....

that 30 for 30 was the origin of the username. which has been explained a number of times. everyone is biased.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7011 on: July 27, 2019, 05:51:36 PM »
that 30 for 30 was the origin of the username. which has been explained a number of times. everyone is biased.

Didn't know the origin of your username, but I do agree that everyone has biases. Even Len.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #7012 on: July 27, 2019, 06:55:24 PM »

A. Give the apples to someone you really do not like. Or....

B. Come on! The answer is right in the name of the apples- pinata. Grab a baseball bat and get to work.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7013 on: July 27, 2019, 07:28:49 PM »

B. Come on! The answer is right in the name of the apples- pinata. Grab a baseball bat and get to work.

Lol. I told my wife the name should have been a hint.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7014 on: July 27, 2019, 08:00:58 PM »

Piñata is a beautiful bi-colored apple that was developed by researchers in Dresden-Pillnitz, Germany over two decades. In the 1970s, researchers (using traditional cross-pollination methods) crossed three heirloom varieties – American classic Golden Delicious, England’s Cox’s Orange Pippin, and the Duchess of Oldenburg from Russia – to create a new apple cultivar, which they called Pinova.

Not wise to trust the Brits or the Ruskies with Apples.

https://www.stemilt.com/stem-blog/meet-pinata-the-apple-with-a-tropical-twist/

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7015 on: July 27, 2019, 08:17:40 PM »

Lol. I told my wife the name should have been a hint.

maybe that was the one eve ate that caused adam's thang to go southward

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7016 on: July 27, 2019, 08:26:51 PM »
Kinda random. My Instant Pot makes great hard boiled eggs. Easy peelers, every time.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #7017 on: July 27, 2019, 09:37:37 PM »
I just want to point out that the blonde from Heart was an underrated beauty.

I think she aged better than her sister .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7018 on: July 27, 2019, 10:02:43 PM »
Kinda random. My Instant Pot makes great hard boiled eggs. Easy peelers, every time.

got an air fryer that makes great crispy wings without the grease.  got a recipe for scotch eggs i've got to try

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #7019 on: July 27, 2019, 10:07:46 PM »
Cubs suck!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #7020 on: July 27, 2019, 10:22:28 PM »
I just want to point out that the blonde from Heart was an underrated beauty.

I think she aged better than her sister .
You mean Nacy Wilson. She is 4 years younger I believe. Ann was way hotter when they were younger.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #7021 on: July 27, 2019, 10:34:38 PM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7022 on: July 28, 2019, 08:15:48 AM »
Been thinking about using the Piñatas as piñatas...but I think it's a bad idea. What if the seeds from the apples get into the soil? What if it turns out to be an aggressive, invasive species that I cannot eradicate? What if it takes over my yard, then the neighborhood, then larger and larger areas until it overtakes all the orchards until they are the only apples left? It would be like the rabbits in Australia.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7023 on: July 29, 2019, 02:07:48 PM »
I was thinking about the word "luncheon" so asked the google machine to define it.  It's just a "formal word for lunch."

So when you are heading out to eat today, tell people you are having a luncheon at Arby's.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7024 on: July 29, 2019, 04:28:27 PM »
I was thinking about the word "luncheon" so asked the google machine to define it.  It's just a "formal word for lunch."

So when you are heading out to eat today, tell people you are having a luncheon at Arby's.

Maybe tomorrow you could tell them you are going to tiffin at Arby’s. Or perhaps your midday repast.