'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruiting as of 3/15/24  (Read 8468454 times)

nyg

• All American
Re: Recruiting as of 10/15/17
« Reply #11275 on: November 02, 2017, 02:45:29 PM »
Most recent thing I could find:

https://247sports.com/college/wichita-state/Article/1-On-1-With-Courtney-Ramey-109200987

It's an interview between VUSports (Nova site) and Ramey. Most interesting tidbit:

I don't know what "consistently reaching out" means but as of two weeks ago, Ramey counted us in his list of schools pursuing him.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/starting-five-top-40-ramey-will-won-t-sign-early

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11276 on: November 02, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #11277 on: November 02, 2017, 04:33:18 PM »
Yep, but don't Discount this year.

I don’t.

Looking forward to a big year this year.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #11278 on: November 02, 2017, 04:53:36 PM »
I don’t.

Looking forward to a big year this year.
Agree 100%.  We have great shooters, talent and height this year.  It should be a great year.  I am surprised at all the Debbie Downers on this board.  Go Warriors!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11279 on: November 03, 2017, 10:16:10 AM »
Surprised we did not hear from Big Daddy over the last couple of days regarding Grimes. Was hoping for insight on what happened and what's the deal with Herro. Guess I will wait to read about in the paper.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11280 on: November 03, 2017, 10:29:11 AM »
Agree 100%.  We have great shooters, talent and height this year.  It should be a great year.  I am surprised at all the Debbie Downers on this board. Go Warriors!

Seriously? 

How long have you been reading it?
Have some patience, FFS.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #11281 on: November 03, 2017, 10:50:52 AM »
Harmon accounting at 230.  Can't see how we're actually in the running as he never took a visit to MU, but we are in his final 5. 

My guess is Oklahoma.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #11282 on: November 03, 2017, 10:51:50 AM »

Seriously? 

How long have you been reading it?

To be fair, 99% of that dude's posts are just "Rah rah go MU! We're going to win it at all.  Go warriors!"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11283 on: November 03, 2017, 01:32:27 PM »
Harmon accounting at 230.  Can't see how we're actually in the running as he never took a visit to MU, but we are in his final 5. 

My guess is Oklahoma.

Nah bro. He went to the other four and saw how inferior they were to us. Harmon to MU!
TAMU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11284 on: November 03, 2017, 01:36:38 PM »
Gimme Ramey.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11285 on: November 03, 2017, 01:39:08 PM »
Surprised we did not hear from Big Daddy over the last couple of days regarding Grimes. Was hoping for insight on what happened and what's the deal with Herro. Guess I will wait to read about in the paper.

I don't see Herro coming here. He's a talented player and would absolutely be a significant contributor at Marquette, but I don't think he would get to showcase himself in the way he would like to. It seems like that's why he left Wisconsin so I don't think he would come here just to find a similar situation. Though the exploding heads of Badger fans might be worth it.
TAMU

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #11286 on: November 03, 2017, 01:40:50 PM »
I don't see Herro coming here. He's a talented player and would absolutely be a significant contributor at Marquette, but I don't think he would get to showcase himself in the way he would like to. It seems like that's why he left Wisconsin so I don't think he would come here just to find a similar situation. Though the exploding heads of Badger fans might be would be totally completely 100% worth it.

FIFY

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #11287 on: November 03, 2017, 02:28:36 PM »
De'Vion Harmon verbally commits to Oklahoma.... I feel shocked
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 02:31:14 PM by LoudMouth »

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #11288 on: November 03, 2017, 03:32:00 PM »

Goose I lost a sibling last week unexpectedly.  Mu is important, but family first.  She had a great life and her husband is a fellow warrior. 

Grimes story will have to wait.

Some other items are easier.  Sometimes a hypothetical player say player T makes it clear they want to play with players S&J, but that does not mean Players J&S want the same thing   Sometimes a player will even switch teams to get away from a player.  Coaches know that chemistry is critical.

Was in DC early last week before being called home and I can tell you that BB is very excited about his return to basketball and starting his career at MU.  I did not meet with him, but someone very close to him. 

Finally I was told that someone posted something about the players not being warm to QG when he was here.  All I can say is that is BS.....I am really  getting tired of this shi%.  Whoever it was I hope they were called out on it. 

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #11289 on: November 03, 2017, 03:34:57 PM »
Goose I lost a sibling last week unexpectedly.  Mu is important, but family first.  She had a great life and her husband is a fellow warrior. 

Some other items are easier.  Sometimes a hypothetical player say player T makes it clear they want to play with players S&J, but that does not mean Players J&S want the same thing   Sometimes a player will even switch teams to get away from a player.  Coaches know that chemistry is critical.

Was in DC early last week before being called home and I can tell you that BB is very excited about his return to basketball and starting his career at MU.  I did not meet with him, but someone very close to him. 

Finally I was told that someone posted something about the players not being warm to QG when he was here.  All I can say is that is BS.....I am really  getting tired of this shi%.  Whoever it was I hope they were called out on it.

Thoughts are with you and your family. Thank you for all your continuing contributions. We all greatly appreciate it.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #11290 on: November 03, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »

Prayers and condolences to you and the rest of your family BD.

Thanks for the info. Your name change confirms what many have been looking for. I look forward to hearing the back story and if there is anyone else on the horizon or if we stand pat next (subject to the transfers in and out).
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11291 on: November 03, 2017, 03:41:24 PM »

Sorry for your loss.

The BSer was the same BSer it always is, the one who was “present for Grimes’s visit” yet doesn’t know what Grimes did on the Saturday of his visit. I haven’t had any inside info on the Grimes recruitment at all, and even I know what they did on Saturday night. The guy is as clueless as they come.

And I will trade a chance at a player T for players S and J any day of the week.

Do you know if there is a player C(R) in play at all?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:43:28 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11292 on: November 03, 2017, 03:42:35 PM »
Big Daddy
Sorry for your loss. Your family is in our prayers.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11293 on: November 03, 2017, 03:51:39 PM »
Big daddy, take all the time you need and don't let a bunch of goobers like us weigh you down.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mulu7

• Walk-On
« Reply #11294 on: November 03, 2017, 04:10:51 PM »
Big Daddy - sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the info on T.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #11295 on: November 03, 2017, 04:18:01 PM »

Thanks BD. Sorry for your loss.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #11296 on: November 03, 2017, 04:19:07 PM »
My greatest sympathies BD.  I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Richie

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11297 on: November 03, 2017, 04:35:02 PM »

God bless BD, your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #11298 on: November 03, 2017, 04:41:33 PM »

Very sorry for your loss.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #11299 on: November 03, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »
Sorry for your loss BD
Goal is National Championship

feedback