[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Volleyball Thread  (Read 235741 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Volleyball Thread
« Reply #925 on: September 10, 2022, 08:27:43 PM »
In MU Volleyball news, a 3-1 victory was had over SEC LSU today.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #926 on: September 10, 2022, 08:44:27 PM »
RoQQQet man has been watching Fox News lately. Dude just waits around hoping to find stories where he can cry about the rich white males and all their hardships in this country. He and Chicos would be best friends.

What did she have to gain by claiming racism when nothing happened? Why at BYU?

Also, you’re really doubting that the same people who are Utah Jazz fans yelled racist things at a sporting event? Yeesh that laughing gas really blew up a ton of your brain cells. Ever look into the history of racism at BYU? You know, the school that released a report last year about how minorities feel isolated and unsafe? How about at the University of Utah and with the justice department in the state of Utah?

RoQQQet, you think mics pick up every word by every fan in sports arenas? Especially at volleyball games?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #927 on: September 10, 2022, 09:15:28 PM »
   "And what evidence have you found that she made it up?"

interesting that the media ran with this story without thoroughly checking it out...umm, doing "journalism" things

BYU and it's investigation(S) have found no corroborating evidence, video, audio or witnesses.  one would think something like this would have stuck out a little.  someone screaming the "N" throughout the match?  maybe even a guilty mind sitting next to the alleged racist? 

MSNBC, CNN and ALL the rest have essentially stopped reporting on it

so now, the evidence needed that she made it up or not really should fall back onto the accuser(s)

tamu, i really wish none of this happened.  but true or false claims of anything volatile or inappropriate need to be addressed so they diminish the chances of them continuing to occur.

if rachel richardson's accusations continue to be proven to be untrue, it dilutes the illicit actions that do actually occur

You still haven't answered what wades was supposed to prove you wrong on.

None of what you have described is evidence that she made up this incident. Nor is it "proving her accusations untrue". What you're describing is a lack of inculpatory evidence to her claim. Lack of evidence does not equal "made up".

The news isn't at fault for reporting this story. A player making this allegation, whether supported or not, is a newsworthy event. The news as far as I'm aware didn't report it as "this guy said x, y, and z" they reported it as "she alleges that some guy said x, y, and z". And have you considered that they stopped reporting  on it because other than the perpetually aggrieved fox News watchers, the news cycle has moved on?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #928 on: September 11, 2022, 06:46:34 AM »
   "And what evidence have you found that she made it up?"

interesting that the media ran with this story without thoroughly checking it out...umm, doing "journalism" things

BYU and it's investigation(S) have found no corroborating evidence, video, audio or witnesses.  one would think something like this would have stuck out a little.  someone screaming the "N" throughout the match?  maybe even a guilty mind sitting next to the alleged racist? 

MSNBC, CNN and ALL the rest have essentially stopped reporting on it

so now, the evidence needed that she made it up or not really should fall back onto the accuser(s)

tamu, i really wish none of this happened.  but true or false claims of anything volatile or inappropriate need to be addressed so they diminish the chances of them continuing to occur.

if rachel richardson's accusations continue to be proven to be untrue, it dilutes the illicit actions that do actually occur

I saw multiple reports from different sources stating that BYU found no evidence but that Duke stands by their players.

I don’t know if that includes CNN or MSNBC because I don’t watch that nonsense. It’s just sh*t that rots brains like Fox has rotted yours.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #929 on: September 11, 2022, 10:53:58 AM »
Perhaps we should wait for all the facts to come out?

Actual hard facts can be really inconvenient for those promoting an agenda, and have no interest in whether the charges are true or not.

Jesse Smolette?
Duke Lacrosse?
Oberlin College hoax ( at least it cost Oberlin $36 million----hardly enough IMO---to demonstrate their wokeness based on a story that was entirely fabricated).

I agree. Wait for all the facts. But for some, the allegation is "the story", not the veracity of the allegation.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #930 on: September 11, 2022, 01:55:28 PM »
Actual hard facts can be really inconvenient for those promoting an agenda, and have no interest in whether the charges are true or not.

Jesse Smolette?
Duke Lacrosse?
Oberlin College hoax ( at least it cost Oberlin $36 million----hardly enough IMO---to demonstrate their wokeness based on a story that was entirely fabricated).

I agree. Wait for all the facts. But for some, the allegation is "the story", not the veracity of the allegation.

I've seen enough posts from rocket about pizzagate and hunters laptop to know that he doesn't actually care about waiting for all the facts to come out.

And wait for the facts to come out before doing what exactly?
TAMU

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #931 on: September 11, 2022, 02:03:34 PM »
I've seen enough posts from rocket about pizzagate and hunters laptop to know that he doesn't actually care about waiting for all the facts to come out.

…ahhhhhh but wade tomu the media covered up pizzagate for the “big guy” maybe don’t watch…msdnc or cnn and Brad seltzer all the time and Do research did u know seth rich was on hunters lab top???????????? and now he’s dead like the queen because china unleeshed the wuhan flu to hurt president trump in the rigged election were nursing “home” people all voted democrat cuz of the italy satellites
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #932 on: September 11, 2022, 02:22:21 PM »

Right. Are people saying they shouldn’t have reported the allegation? By and large “the media” reported it as such. It was certainly newsworthy.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #933 on: September 11, 2022, 02:23:26 PM »
…ahhhhhh but wade tomu the media covered up pizzagate for the “big guy” maybe don’t watch…msdnc or cnn and Brad seltzer all the time and Do research did u know seth rich was on hunters lab top???????????? and now he’s dead like the queen because china unleeshed the wuhan flu to hurt president trump in the rigged election were nursing “home” people all voted democrat cuz of the italy satellites

8 out of 10. Only one ellipsis.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #934 on: September 11, 2022, 10:30:33 PM »

Before destroying people's reputation, or a school's reputation, or a business' reputation.  Are you saying it's no big whoop what Duke University in 2006 did  to these LaCrosse players ?  Before knowing a single fact about what actually happened?  Did even one faculty member at Duke or their president at the time sincerely apologize to these kids?  Did Jesse Jackson?  Wait for the facts to come out.  Oberlin also made complete asses out of themselves and the result was paying a bakery 36 mill.  Is it too much to ask to wait for information before forming a narrative?   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 10:39:14 PM by MuggsyB »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #935 on: September 11, 2022, 11:27:16 PM »
Before destroying people's reputation, or a school's reputation, or a business' reputation.  Are you saying it's no big whoop what Duke University in 2006 did  to these LaCrosse players ?  Before knowing a single fact about what actually happened?  Did even one faculty member at Duke or their president at the time sincerely apologize to these kids?  Did Jesse Jackson?  Wait for the facts to come out.  Oberlin also made complete asses out of themselves and the result was paying a bakery 36 mill.  Is it too much to ask to wait for information before forming a narrative?
While what you seek is morally, ethically and legally right and just, it almost never happens in the world we live in. Both sides of the political spectrum have an agenda to advance and money to make, facts are unimportant. Heck, look at the genius of the South Carolina coach who turned this into a publicity stunt faster than a New York minute.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #936 on: September 11, 2022, 11:29:33 PM »

So you agree that is acceptable for the media to report that an allegation was made, correct?

Whose reputation was ruined by the duke volleyball allegation? I could have missed it but I haven't seen the accused named anywhere.

Also, keep in mind that the Duke LAX players were not found innocent. That is a misconception. The prosecutor in that case was doing unethical and illegal things to try and make his case, but that doesn't mean that the defendants were innocent. It also doesn't mean that they were guilty. The reality is, in cases like this, it's very rare that all the facts ever come out.
TAMU

• All American
« Reply #937 on: September 12, 2022, 05:05:05 AM »
1. The allegation itself is newsworthy.

2. Reporting it as fact would be irresponsible.

3. Follow up to show that the allegation may not have occurred doesn’t mean “the media” engaged in #2.

Why is this so hard?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #938 on: September 12, 2022, 06:22:13 AM »

"pizzagate"??  refresh my "old man" memory please

hunters laptop-facts?  bwhahahahaha,holy schnikees, but sorry can't step into that one...rocky would love to get rid of a meat lovin,rabble rousing, scoop contrarian teddy bear...again

but back to volleyball...not naming the innocent person who was banned, then un-banned was the only smart thing to come out of all of this.  i'm sure his/her name is out there however. 

you can't tell me that if someone was racially heckling a player throughout the match, or even a portion of it, that SOMEONE wouldn't come forward to ID the perp?  not to mention, someone wouldn't tell this person to stfu or get a person of authority?  if i were sitting next to someone screaming out racial crap, i know i would have a word or three...it would (and should) be embarrassing to the host school to not to do something
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #939 on: September 12, 2022, 06:53:53 AM »
You know what media outlet reported the allegation as fact?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/duke-volleyball-player-officials-failed-adequately-address-racial-slurs-byu-fan

“Rachel Richardson, the Duke women’s volleyball player who was subjected to racial slurs directed at her and teammates during a Friday match against BYU, said officials were not quick to address the situation when they were made aware of the behavior from a fan.”

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #940 on: September 12, 2022, 07:12:05 AM »
   you can't tell me that if someone was racially heckling a player throughout the match, or even a portion of it, that SOMEONE wouldn't come forward to ID the perp?  not to mention, someone wouldn't tell this person to stfu or get a person of authority?  if i were sitting next to someone screaming out racial crap, i know i would have a word or three...it would (and should) be embarrassing to the host school to not to do something

I can tell you that actually. Most people don't like to be involved. There are some who would even cover for someone yelling things like that, even if they didn't know the person and didn't like what they were seeing. Most people hate conflict and don't want to feel responsible for getting someone else in trouble. I deal this with in my job every day.

And you'll notice, I've never said that it did happen. Just pushing back on your assertion that it has somehow been proven that it didn't happen.
TAMU

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #941 on: September 12, 2022, 07:36:32 AM »
"pizzagate"??  refresh my "old man" memory please

hunters laptop-facts?  bwhahahahaha,holy schnikees, but sorry can't step into that one...rocky would love to get rid of a meat lovin,rabble rousing, scoop contrarian teddy bear...again

but back to volleyball...not naming the innocent person who was banned, then un-banned was the only smart thing to come out of all of this.  i'm sure his/her name is out there however. 

One less mope squd member
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #942 on: September 12, 2022, 08:22:08 AM »
1. The allegation itself is newsworthy.

2. Reporting it as fact would be irresponsible.

3. Follow up to show that the allegation may not have occurred doesn’t mean “the media” engaged in #2.

Why is this so hard?

The majority of the media is "full of #2" and has been for decades.

• All American
« Reply #943 on: September 12, 2022, 08:29:57 AM »
The majority of the media is "full of #2" and has been for decades.

I mean, if you are going to use this topic as a continuation of your grievance, and not actually discuss the facts in question, that is up to you.

But people won't really take you seriously.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #944 on: September 12, 2022, 08:39:48 AM »

I mean, if you are going to use this topic as a continuation of your grievance, and not actually discuss the facts in question, that is up to you.

But people won't really take you seriously.

Just what facts are "in question"??

That's the problem. BYU undertook an extensive investigation, and found NO FACTS to support the ALLEGATION. Whether or not the incident occurred is not a "fact" in dispute. The development of underlying "facts" ( or not) will then either prove or disprove the allegation..

What's so tough about that?

• All American
« Reply #945 on: September 12, 2022, 08:49:21 AM »
Just what facts are "in question"??

That's the problem. BYU undertook an extensive investigation, and found NO FACTS to support the ALLEGATION. Whether or not the incident occurred is not a "fact" in dispute. The development of underlying "facts" ( or not) will then either prove or disprove the allegation..

What's so tough about that?

Because you seem to be upset that "the media" reported the allegation in the first place.

But you are also wrong. BYU's investigation does not disprove that the incident took place. It only shows that they have no evidence that it actually did. I am amazed that this has to be explained repeatedly to people here.

Did it actually happen? I have no idea. I have no reason to distrust the player, but I also have no reason to distrust BYU's investigation. It would be nice if people could use this as a learning experience, but they won't. Just people spouting grievance after grievance. 

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #946 on: September 12, 2022, 09:26:09 AM »
The media should have reported the allegation. Show me where I said otherwise!

And good for BYU conducting the investigation. They have indirectly been accused of something here and I'm certain they want to get to the bottom of this more than anyone.

But you do understand I hope that it is the proponent of an allegation or statement that has the burden of proving that the allegation has a basis in fact. BYU wants to flush out the facts here but the onus is not on them to prove or disprove anything.

This thing will either proceed on its merits and the culprit will be identified and punished or it will die for lack of evidence..

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #947 on: September 12, 2022, 09:34:50 AM »
So you agree that is acceptable for the media to report that an allegation was made, correct?

Whose reputation was ruined by the duke volleyball allegation? I could have missed it but I haven't seen the accused named anywhere.

Also, keep in mind that the Duke LAX players were not found innocent. That is a misconception. The prosecutor in that case was doing unethical and illegal things to try and make his case, but that doesn't mean that the defendants were innocent. It also doesn't mean that they were guilty. The reality is, in cases like this, it's very rare that all the facts ever come out.

Of course it's fine for an allegation to be made.  That's different than railroading people without a single shred of evidence and having the entire media, Duke University, and community screaming they should all be in prison and committed a heinous crime.  The coach was also terminated with zero wrongdoing. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #948 on: September 12, 2022, 09:37:54 AM »
As far as the BYU incident, isn't their video and audio every time the Duke player served the ball?

• All American
« Reply #949 on: September 12, 2022, 09:47:36 AM »
The media should have reported the allegation. Show me where I said otherwise!

And good for BYU conducting the investigation. They have indirectly been accused of something here and I'm certain they want to get to the bottom of this more than anyone.

But you do understand I hope that it is the proponent of an allegation or statement that has the burden of proving that the allegation has a basis in fact. BYU wants to flush out the facts here but the onus is not on them to prove or disprove anything.

This thing will either proceed on its merits and the culprit will be identified and punished or it will die for lack of evidence..

It's pretty hard for a player to prove someone in the crowd said something.  But I think we are basically in agreement.