[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Volleyball Thread  (Read 235719 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Volleyball Thread
« Reply #900 on: September 08, 2022, 05:30:24 PM »
You didn't read the article did you?

He can barely spell, much less read
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #901 on: September 08, 2022, 08:07:16 PM »
You didn't read the article did you?

umm, yes i did...i used the https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2022/08/30/fan-who-was-banned-by-byu-does/
 as a reference to the subject, my post was my post.  for those of you from rio linda, my opinion.  last time i checked, those are still allowed, but probably not for long i see 
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #902 on: September 08, 2022, 08:17:04 PM »
umm, yes i did...i used the https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2022/08/30/fan-who-was-banned-by-byu-does/
 as a reference to the subject, my post was my post.  for those of you from rio linda, my opinion.  last time i checked, those are still allowed, but probably not for long i see

So it was your opinion that this story is made up? It sounded like you were claiming that the article proved that it was made up
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #903 on: September 09, 2022, 06:39:51 AM »
So it was your opinion that this story is made up? It sounded like you were claiming that the article proved that it was made up

another duke lacrosse incident?  hmmm....not necessarily, but another example of the media and people jumping to conclusions before they know what happened, then slow to do follow-ups and/or corrections, if at all.  media/"journalism" is despicably gone 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #904 on: September 09, 2022, 06:41:37 AM »
Widely accepted that something was yelled.  IMO, unlikely to ever know by whom.   Coward.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #905 on: September 09, 2022, 07:01:34 AM »
  another duke lacrosse incident?  hmmm....not necessarily, but another example of the media and people jumping to conclusions before they know what happened, then slow to do follow-ups and/or corrections, if at all.  media/"journalism" is despicably gone

1) The article you shared does not say the Duke volleyball player made it up and nothing was ever yelled her way. Maybe read the article.
2) This wasn’t a made up media story even if the Duke player did make up having a racial slur yelled at her. BYU banned a fan for yelling racial slurs. The media didn’t do that or cause that.

Every time you post you put your foot in your mouth. Hope you have a good dentist!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #906 on: September 09, 2022, 07:16:52 AM »

Wow, great work.  This is a 9 out of 10.  Really appreciate the effort here

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #907 on: September 09, 2022, 07:48:17 AM »
1) The article you shared does not say the Duke volleyball player made it up and nothing was ever yelled her way. Maybe read the article.
2) This wasn’t a made up media story even if the Duke player did make up having a racial slur yelled at her. BYU banned a fan for yelling racial slurs. The media didn’t do that or cause that.

Every time you post you put your foot in your mouth. Hope you have a good dentist!

3) Even if it turns out the player made up the story, it is still a story worth media coverage.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #908 on: September 09, 2022, 11:52:19 AM »

dude-i didn't post the article to reference my opinion!!  just wait and watch what happens here is what i'm saying...oh, and have a good BLM

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #909 on: September 09, 2022, 11:54:47 AM »

3) Even if it turns out the player made up the story, it is still a story worth media coverage.

yes it is very worthy of media coverage, but too many conclusions are being drawn without all of the facts.  now where has this happened before? ::) ::) ::)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #910 on: September 09, 2022, 11:59:31 AM »
yes it is very worthy of media coverage, but too many conclusions are being drawn without all of the facts.  now where has this happened before? ::) ::) ::)

When we spent years trying to prove a president was born in a different country?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #911 on: September 09, 2022, 12:18:43 PM »
dude-i didn't post the article to reference my opinion!!  just wait and watch what happens here is what i'm saying...oh, and have a good BLM

So why did you post the article? And how did you form your opinion? If you didn’t form the opinion that the player made up claims of racial slurs being yelled her way because of this article, then you just decided any claims of racism are fake or what?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #912 on: September 09, 2022, 12:25:19 PM »
Too much ivermectin.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #913 on: September 09, 2022, 02:08:09 PM »
Too much ivermectin.

Honestly, not enough.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #914 on: September 09, 2022, 06:11:44 PM »
So why did you post the article? And how did you form your opinion? If you didn’t form the opinion that the player made up claims of racial slurs being yelled her way because of this article, then you just decided any claims of racism are fake or what?

how about just proving what i said was wrong or not.  i could post numerous articles showing the duke player is lying and her whole schtick is another jucy smoley thing and i can post numerous articles believing her without any evidence except her word.  so tell me what's going on BLM boy.  is she lying or is she telling the truth?  i am honestly not sure yet, so you tell me

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #915 on: September 09, 2022, 06:18:35 PM »

Meaning what exactly?  It's worth covering because she made it up in this scenario?  Or are you saying it's worth covering because these things constantly happen if if she made up the story?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #916 on: September 09, 2022, 06:24:56 PM »
how about just proving what i said was wrong or not.  i could post numerous articles showing the duke player is lying and her whole schtick is another jucy smoley thing and i can post numerous articles believing her without any evidence except her word.  so tell me what's going on BLM boy.  is she lying or is she telling the truth?  i am honestly not sure yet, so you tell me

You’re the one claiming she’s ruining an innocent man’s life with absolutely no proof. She didn’t point out who it was. Provide your support. Not some article that you claim doesn’t support your opinion, you just shared it…just because, I guess.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #917 on: September 09, 2022, 06:30:16 PM »
Perhaps we should wait for all the facts to come out? 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #918 on: September 09, 2022, 07:14:00 PM »
You’re the one claiming she’s ruining an innocent man’s life with absolutely no proof. She didn’t point out who it was. Provide your support. Not some article that you claim doesn’t support your opinion, you just shared it…just because, I guess.

then prove me wrong and yes, we need more facts to come out.  so far BYU is having trouble corroborating the duke volleyball players assertions however.  note the backlash BYU is getting without all the facts-interesting

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #919 on: September 10, 2022, 08:15:11 AM »
then prove me wrong and yes, we need more facts to come out.  so far BYU is having trouble corroborating the duke volleyball players assertions however.  note the backlash BYU is getting without all the facts-interesting

Prove you wrong on what? That's an honest question, your posts in this thread have been very hard to understand.
TAMU

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #920 on: September 10, 2022, 08:51:33 AM »
Prove you wrong on what? That's an honest question, your posts in this thread have been very hard to understand.

…ok TAmoU blizzerd of moo look msnbdnc wants u too think there’s racism this is just like when the illeagles pore over the border and vote to raise taxes just like the “big guy” wants urinalism is dead that’s why u should seek out project verity’s and “open” ur eyes ain”ye

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #921 on: September 10, 2022, 06:05:52 PM »

BLM/wades was trying to pin me down on the issue that the duke women's volleyball player made up her racial heckling charges against a BYU fan.  i was trying to broach the subject without tipping my hand until further evidence came out either way.  now it is appearing more and more as though she did make up the charges of racial heckling.  there doesn't seem to be any evidence otherwise and duke needs to issue a statement.  either stand by their player or not.  if not, one would believe some kind of reprimand would be in order.  these kinds of incidences need to stop and unless there is some kind of reprimand, they will continue to hurt innocent people which tend to be very unfortunately irrevocable in today's society

https://www.carolinajournal.com/opinion/duke-must-answer-for-false-race-allegation/

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #922 on: September 10, 2022, 06:13:36 PM »
  BLM/wades was trying to pin me down on the issue that the duke women's volleyball player made up her racial heckling charges against a BYU fan.  i was trying to broach the subject without tipping my hand until further evidence came out either way.  now it is appearing more and more as though she did make up the charges of racial heckling.  there doesn't seem to be any evidence otherwise and duke needs to issue a statement.  either stand by their player or not.  if not, one would believe some kind of reprimand would be in order.  these kinds of incidences need to stop and unless there is some kind of reprimand, they will continue to hurt innocent people which tend to be very unfortunately irrevocable in today's society

https://www.carolinajournal.com/opinion/duke-must-answer-for-false-race-allegation/

Yes. White people have it so hard in this country.

You shared an article that said the guy they banned is not the guy that yelled racial slurs. And then you claimed you weren’t using the article to support your opinion. Lol.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #923 on: September 10, 2022, 06:24:35 PM »

You didn't answer the question, prove you wrong on what?

And what evidence have you found that she made it up?

BTW, in case you didn't know,  articles with the word "opinion" in the URL are opinion articles, not news
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 06:35:29 PM by TAMU, the Wizard of MU Basketball »
TAMU

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #924 on: September 10, 2022, 08:13:35 PM »
   "And what evidence have you found that she made it up?"

interesting that the media ran with this story without thoroughly checking it out...umm, doing "journalism" things

BYU and it's investigation(S) have found no corroborating evidence, video, audio or witnesses.  one would think something like this would have stuck out a little.  someone screaming the "N" throughout the match?  maybe even a guilty mind sitting next to the alleged racist? 

MSNBC, CNN and ALL the rest have essentially stopped reporting on it

so now, the evidence needed that she made it up or not really should fall back onto the accuser(s)

tamu, i really wish none of this happened.  but true or false claims of anything volatile or inappropriate need to be addressed so they diminish the chances of them continuing to occur.

if rachel richardson's accusations continue to be proven to be untrue, it dilutes the illicit actions that do actually occur