collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Volleyball Thread  (Read 235346 times)

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
Re: Volleyball Thread
« Reply #850 on: March 11, 2021, 07:14:27 PM »
Marquette volleyball program has a positive COVID test.

That sucks :(.  Hope everyone recovers ok.

shoothoops

• All American

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #852 on: April 03, 2021, 11:33:22 AM »
Big East Tourney Title on the line for Marquette vs Creighton.

11:30am Central. FS1.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #853 on: April 03, 2021, 01:48:26 PM »
Well Marquette really screwed that one up...

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #854 on: April 20, 2021, 08:45:21 AM »
NCAA Women's Volleyball Final Four is set. 75% of it is went according to seeding.

Washington
Wisconsin
Texas
Kentucky

(Minnesota was upset by #10 Pittsburgh, who then lost a close match to #6 Washington. The others were top 4 seeds. It is Kentucky's first ever Women's Volleyball Final Four. (Kentucky over Purdue, Wisconsin over Florida, Texas over Nebraska,)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #855 on: May 25, 2021, 02:47:48 PM »
Nations league starting up again. Haven’t paid attention in a while. What does the US lineup look like these days?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #856 on: May 29, 2021, 10:32:16 PM »
Yup, still don’t understand Speraw’s lineups/rotations.

Surely there’s a better coach out there that can do a better job with the national team.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #857 on: May 29, 2021, 10:38:06 PM »
Yup, still don’t understand Speraw’s lineups/rotations.

Surely there’s a better coach out there that can do a better job with the national team.

VNL in Olympic years are just a warmup for the Olympics. Especially for the US this year with Russell almost certain to miss the Olympics, so their biggest goal this year is to figure out their L2 spot.

Also, with their sweep of Canada last night the US should be getting out of group play even being swept by Brazil.

Sander, Anderson, and Holt are all guaranteed to be starting if the Olympics happen and were not tonight. Speraw is just testing out lineups here.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #858 on: June 02, 2021, 11:12:39 AM »
Erik Shoji has a pretty interesting YouTube channel.

Was watching this video today:

https://youtu.be/N1_crZX_Qkg

Love the camera angle. Makes you really appreciate the speed and the movement of all the players on the floor.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #859 on: June 09, 2021, 11:49:02 AM »
I mean, I get it’s an Olympic hear and you want to finalize that final 12c but it is really starting to feel like Speraw doesn’t actually want to make the finals in the VNL.

Sander in a libero Jersey? It really just doesn’t make sense at this point.

If Russell isn’t healthy I’d run with DeFalco as the 2nd outside (even though he’s a complete head case) and Anderson playing OPP. Patch just too much of a liability at this point.

Whatever, women’s team is way more enjoyable to watch anyways. Annie Drews is a monster.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 11:52:48 AM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #860 on: July 23, 2021, 12:42:51 PM »
MU's 2021 Schedule
https://gomarquette.com/news/2021/6/3/womens-volleyball-volleyball-announces-2021-fall-schedule.aspx

Sept. 11, home opener vs. defending national champion, Kentucky
Sept. 12, vs. Wisconsin
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #861 on: July 25, 2021, 11:53:09 AM »
MU's 2021 Schedule
https://gomarquette.com/news/2021/6/3/womens-volleyball-volleyball-announces-2021-fall-schedule.aspx

Sept. 11, home opener vs. defending national champion, Kentucky
Sept. 12, vs. Wisconsin

That's quite the weekend with Kentucky and Wisconsin back to back.

And nice to go to Hawaii for a tournament to open the season.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #862 on: July 25, 2021, 08:58:17 PM »
Anyone know how much Volleyball Season Tickets usually are?  The only thing I could find on the Marquette website said to wait for information on the 2020 season...

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #863 on: July 25, 2021, 09:15:40 PM »
Anyone know how much Volleyball Season Tickets usually are?  The only thing I could find on the Marquette website said to wait for information on the 2020 season...

I believe it was $40.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:19:37 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #864 on: August 27, 2021, 03:25:56 PM »
Does anybody know if there's the same situation going on for the Wisconsin at Marquette match that there was when Wisconsin played at the Al like 3 years ago?  Where some booster bought out the lower level and was giving the tickets away for free to Marquette fans in order to keep the Wisconsin crowd down/in the upper deck?  There are only upper level tickets available on Marquette's ticket website for that match.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #865 on: August 28, 2021, 04:33:46 PM »
It's not the same situation as couple of years ago. Trying to sell season tickets first, before putting lowers to the public.
-Bill Walton

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #866 on: August 31, 2021, 10:43:29 AM »
Started coaching on the club circuit this season. Boy is it different than high school. Trying to evaluate 150+ kids compared to 20 is for tryouts is quite the task.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #867 on: August 31, 2021, 10:46:02 AM »
Started coaching on the club circuit this season. Boy is it different than high school. Trying to evaluate 150+ kids compared to 20 is for tryouts is quite the task.

Nice.  What club?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #868 on: September 07, 2021, 06:18:18 PM »
Huge weekend at the Al. Let's pack it.

#8 Kentucky (Reigning National Champions)
Saturday, September 11 | 6:00 p.m.

#2 Wisconsin
Sunday, September 12 | 4:30 p.m. | FS1
-Bill Walton

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #869 on: September 08, 2021, 05:01:30 PM »
Going with my daughters HS team on Sunday……..there are over 150 people who have purchased tickets!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #870 on: October 11, 2021, 12:09:48 AM »
The women lose to Creighton…again. The ND MU AD needs to show progress on all sports. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #871 on: October 11, 2021, 01:28:21 AM »
The women lose to Creighton…again. The ND MU AD needs to show progress on all sports.

Yea just seems to be a mental block. Theis is and excellent coach though and probably wasn’t expecting to be here this season.

He was set to take over Ohio St. this off-season, he was the front runner the entire time. Jen Flynn Oldenburg (actual Ohio st coach) wasn’t even on the radar until someone mentioned her name as a possible assistant for him, but they loved that she played for the program and went with her at the last minute.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #872 on: October 11, 2021, 08:32:21 AM »

I mean....14-3 with the only 3 losses being to the #4, #5, and #19 teams (with the #19 team being on the road) in the nation is not a bad showing. It's not good given that none of the 14 wins are against overly impressive teams. But if they continue to dominate the rest of the Big East and beat Creighton at home, it will be a very good season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #873 on: October 11, 2021, 09:32:19 AM »
I mean....14-3 with the only 3 losses being to the #4, #5, and #19 teams (with the #19 team being on the road) in the nation is not a bad showing. It's not good given that none of the 14 wins are against overly impressive teams. But if they continue to dominate the rest of the Big East and beat Creighton at home, it will be a very good season.

The stated goal of MU Athletics is to compete for and win titles. This is MU”s best program in recent times, but other programs have stepped sideways or backwards versus past teams. Volleyball seems to be having a hard time getting over the hurdle to the next level. Other programs aren’t this close.

MU used to have a goal on the Capital One Cup for non-football schools. We never hear about this anymore. Why?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #874 on: October 11, 2021, 09:42:26 AM »
The stated goal of MU Athletics is to compete for and win titles. This is MU”s best program in recent times, but other programs have stepped sideways or backwards versus past teams. Volleyball seems to be having a hard time getting over the hurdle to the next level. Other programs aren’t this close.

MU used to have a goal on the Capital One Cup for non-football schools. We never hear about this anymore. Why?

I mean, I think every Athletics department goals is to compete for and win titles. Very few do.

I honestly didn't know that the Capital One Cup was still a thing. I think that might be more why we don't hear about it.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.