collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Star Wars Universe Thread  (Read 13407 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Star Wars Universe Thread
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2022, 07:44:12 AM »
I love the show and I don't "hate" her. I just find her storyline the least interesting -- and, as you said, the most repetitive -- of all of them so far.

And why do we care that her daughter is a rude, spoiled brat? Right now, I sure don't. But hey, maybe she goes on to be some big shot in the rebellion ... or in the Empire!

See, I’m fascinated by the daughter.  The role of a rebellion leader leads to things not really covered in Star Wars, how it impacts the family.  There are unintended consequences
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2022, 08:31:42 AM »
See, I’m fascinated by the daughter.  The role of a rebellion leader leads to things not really covered in Star Wars, how it impacts the family.  There are unintended consequences

I'm hoping she emerges as a leader of some kind down the line, which will have made that part of the storyline be something other than a distraction. Just my opinion. It's cool that a series like this can offer different things to different viewers.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2022, 10:05:06 AM »
Mon Mothma's storyline is a stark contrast to Luthen's actions.   Mon is trying to play by the rules and she's not only stuck, the walls are starting to slowly close around her.

Meanwhile, Luthen is "condemned to use the tools of my enemies to defeat them."  He's willing to get dirty and do morally questionable things, like sacrifice Anto Kreegyr.  And he lies constantly.  He denies  being involved with Aldahni when he talks to Saw.  He tells Saw that Kreegyr has 30 men, but I'm pretty sure he tells Lonni it's 50.

But while Mon is paralyzed, Luthen is getting stuff done.  The contrast of Mon to Luthen shows that there is no such thing as a civilized rebellion.   You have to be willing to fight dirty.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2022, 09:41:10 PM »
I'm hoping she emerges as a leader of some kind down the line, which will have made that part of the storyline be something other than a distraction. Just my opinion. It's cool that a series like this can offer different things to different viewers.

It will be interesting to see if at some point, Mon has to decide between her daughter and the rebellion.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2022, 06:06:23 AM »
Waiting over a year for season two seems cruel
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2022, 08:07:09 AM »
Waiting over a year for season two seems cruel

Enjoyable season finale, but there are so many open storylines!

Next up: 3 months till Mando S4.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2022, 01:25:37 PM »
It will be interesting to see if at some point, Mon has to decide between her daughter and the rebellion.
So far it’s looking like the latter!

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2022, 01:49:27 PM »
Enjoyable season finale, but there are so many open storylines!

Next up: 3 months till Mando S4.

I thought a few things would be closer storyline wise.  The next season takes us right up to Rogue One.  They also added a few storylines taking the characters off Ferrix, too.  Have to assume they become charchters within the rebellion.  Such a good show

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2022, 08:52:57 PM »
Starting to see Andor show up on tv (ABC yesterday, FX today). I’m wondering if great reviews but supposedly lower viewership is forcing them to try and push it out on traditional channels?

As an aside, as used to 4k as I am now, it’s fun seeing the broadcast quality for this show. Makes you appreciate the quality of 4k more.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2022, 05:38:02 AM »
So far it’s looking like the latter!

Of course, but it's a huge opportunity for major emotional stakes.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2022, 03:05:31 PM »
Rewatched the Andor season finale today.  So much emotion packed into it, even on a 2nd watch.

It would have been even better if Disney let them use the original line, "F*ck the Empire" instead of "Fight the Empire."  But alas, it was still very good.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2022, 03:37:52 PM »
Rewatched the Andor season finale today.  So much emotion packed into it, even on a 2nd watch.

It would have been even better if Disney let them use the original line, "F*ck the Empire" instead of "Fight the Empire."  But alas, it was still very good.

I love that the old lady got to beat some empire butt in the end

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2023, 03:30:53 PM »
Ending of episode 2 of season 3 for The Mandalorian shakes things up

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2023, 06:40:16 AM »
I'm enjoying this Mandalorian season very much. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2023, 10:27:32 AM »
I'm finding the character-driven parts of the Mandolorian (where we learn more about Din, the culture/religion/cult, etc) to be very interesting. And even though I'm a Star Wars fan, I'm finding the more Star Warsy stuff to be less interesting.

So far, I'm enjoying S3 but not quite as much as I did the first two. That's a real high bar because I really loved the first 2 seasons.

I do hope that in the time remaining this season, we get to see more about what Gorgu will become. The little guy needs to be about more than looking cute and performing the occasional Force magic trick. But I don't know ... maybe they're saving that for a whole new series.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2023, 12:01:58 PM »
I'm finding the character-driven parts of the Mandolorian (where we learn more about Din, the culture/religion/cult, etc) to be very interesting. And even though I'm a Star Wars fan, I'm finding the more Star Warsy stuff to be less interesting.

So far, I'm enjoying S3 but not quite as much as I did the first two. That's a real high bar because I really loved the first 2 seasons.

I do hope that in the time remaining this season, we get to see more about what Gorgu will become. The little guy needs to be about more than looking cute and performing the occasional Force magic trick. But I don't know ... maybe they're saving that for a whole new series.

Grogu is The Mandalorian

MU82

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 25, 2023, 05:01:01 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2023, 07:05:11 PM »
3 new ‘Star Wars’ movies coming, including Rey’s return

https://apnews.com/article/star-wars-new-movies-ba6d94901b67bf76fa0edd6461c1edca?utm_medium=HomePage&utm_source=ForYou&user_email=6647dfa7189f748384d7389910f7b584c6fcfc35ae990102964c7e826d4175c7&utm_campaign=AfternoonWire_April7_2023&utm_term=Afternoon%20Wire

LONDON (AP) — For “Star Wars” lovers, new entertainment is a little less far, far away — Lucasfilm announced three new live-action films in the franchise Friday.

The news, which includes the return of Daisy Ridley as Rey in one of the films, was revealed at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023 in London by Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy and also on the Star Wars website. Directing the movies will be James Mangold, Dave Filoni and Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy. Kennedy brought the directors onstage for the announcement.

Mangold’s film will return to the dawn of the Jedi. Filoni’s will be about the New Republic, and “will close out the interconnected stories told in ‘The Mandalorian,’ ‘The Book of Boba Fett,’ ‘Ahsoka,’ and other Disney+ series,” the announcement said. Obaid-Chinoy’s movie will focus on the events after “The Rise of Skywalker,” and feature Ridley back as Rey “as she builds a new Jedi Order.”

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2023, 01:10:36 PM »
Very meh 3rd season of The Mandolorian. Disjointed at times, trying to do way too much. Show needs to get back to Mando & Grogu going on episodic adventures and meeting interesting characters along the way.

The finale rushed to try to tie up some storylines. An incredibly weak end story for the Dark Saber (seriously, WTF?). The show set a high bar early, but this season didn’t get back to those expectations.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2023, 01:15:45 PM »
Very meh 3rd season of The Mandolorian. Disjointed at times, trying to do way too much. Show needs to get back to Mando & Grogu going on episodic adventures and meeting interesting characters along the way.

The finale rushed to try to tie up some storylines. An incredibly weak end story for the Dark Saber (seriously, WTF?). The show set a high bar early, but this season didn’t get back to those expectations.

Got back on track last week.  Expected more with the finale of this season and “meh”.  Lots of storytelling avenues have been opened, however. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2023, 03:15:06 PM »
I know this is gonna sound weird, but S3 of The Mandalorian was way too, um, Mandolorianish.

A little bit about the culture (and cult) was interesting. An entire season of it was just too much IMHO. It got to the point where every time one of them said, "This is the way," my wife would respond, "Under his eye."

Agree with Dish about the Darksaber. Oopsie ... it got stepped on!

I didn't hate the season, kept watching to see what happened. But "meh" is a good description. A letdown after two great seasons.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2023, 06:30:12 PM »
I liked the season.  I was locked in every week.

Was just reading that Season 4 is written and the storyline is going to be Dzin Dzarin playing the role that Gina Carano was supposed to play in her spin-off show before getting fired.  The last scene with the pilot set it up.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2023, 06:39:28 PM »

Ultimately, I liked where they ended up, though I didn't love how they got there. It had its moments. The rehabilitation program was interesting. The battle for Nevarro was great action. The end was kind of predictable, but I think Bo is where she belongs, they opened up the planet for more storytelling, and I really like the potential for Din and Grogu's future adventures.

I do think the Gina Carano stuff kind of screwed up this season. They had to reconfigure how they handled the Rangers and dance around that whole thing while using Captain Teva to advance the story. I also think there was a lot of stuff that was...well...stupid. Why were the Mandalorians still by the lake, and staying without setting a watch while they played outside? Why does no one realize that Elia Kane isn't exactly rehabilitating in the Amnesty Program? Why can no one except Capt. Teva realize that there's stuff going on at the Outer Rim? Why did Moff Gideon take the long route from his office to fight Din and Grogu, giving them time to destroy his clones on the way to the office that he was literally just in?

Looking forward to S4, but glad S3 is in the rearview.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2023, 02:47:09 PM »
Finally binged The Mandalorian season 3. Whole season felt pointless.  No character growth.  No real conflicts to overcome.  Tiresome monster of the week trope. Just very basic, linear storytelling.

And at times it resorts to telling, rather than showing, the audience.  Captain Teeva tells us that Moff Gideon escaped, we didn't see the breakout.  Moff Gideon spent a lot of time talking about what he was up to with out showing us.  Just one exposition after another.

The retaking of Mandolore seemed way too rushed.  Just completely hollow and unearned.  Things just happened with very shallow reasoning from the characters.

I did enjoy episode 3 and learning about the amnesty program.  Wish that would have been explored a little longer. Felt like they wrapped things up with Dr. Pershing too quickly.

Overall, not anywhere close to the quality of the first two seasons, which now seem rather pointless.  Feels like they ran out of ideas of where to go.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2023, 04:53:20 PM »
And at times it resorts to telling, rather than showing, the audience.  Captain Teeva tells us that Moff Gideon escaped, we didn't see the breakout.  Moff Gideon spent a lot of time talking about what he was up to with out showing us.  Just one exposition after another.

The retaking of Mandolore seemed way too rushed.  Just completely hollow and unearned.  Things just happened with very shallow reasoning from the characters.

I think this is the Rangers cost. The escape of Moff Gideon, watching his plans unfurl, all the stuff Teva was doing, he would've just been the supporting character and all that would've been told in that series had it not been cancelled. They had to just cram it in, which left less time to dedicate to Mandalore and the actual story we were getting.

feedback