collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Star Wars Universe Thread  (Read 13812 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Star Wars Universe Thread
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2023, 08:13:15 AM »
I feel like they had it ready for greatness and then decided to punt the greatness to season 2.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2023, 08:17:10 AM »
Glad I'm not alone, YouTube's we're acting like it was the greatest thing in history but it was average... at best

So, it tied in nicely with Rebels and there is a story to tell continuing into a second season.  The big bad got away and the heroes seemingly lost in another galaxy.  How they got there had lots of highs but they didn’t land the finish of the season.

I think TV limits the scope and certainly live action versus cartoon really limits them. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2023, 07:07:24 AM »
That was hot garbage.

Woof

As someone who loved TCW, especially the Mortis arc, + deep Jedi lore...I'm pumped.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2023, 08:31:45 AM »
So, it tied in nicely with Rebels and there is a story to tell continuing into a second season.  The big bad got away and the heroes seemingly lost in another galaxy.  How they got there had lots of highs but they didn’t land the finish of the season.

I think TV limits the scope and certainly live action versus cartoon really limits them.

I agree tv limits scope compared to clone wars, but man some of the fight choreography was painful compared to the movies or Obiwan.  the storm troopers were extra bad, like comically bad, rewatch that last battle and look how many aren't firing or doing anything.

As far as Baylan, I just felt there wasn't enough there to actual make me invested in his plan. Idk glad Thrawns back and Ezra though
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2023, 09:38:09 AM »
I really felt like it was going very well until the last couple episodes. Really until they got out to Peridea. I can't express how disappointed I am with Filoni's handling of Thrawn. I recently read the second Thrawn trilogy and am rereading Heir to the Empire. It's so well done how Timothy Zahn sets Thrawn up to be 2-3 steps ahead at every turn. Under Filoni, he just feels like a flat villain without any of the depth that made him such a great character, not just as implacable villain in HttE but as a conflicted Imperial officer with independent motivations.

Baylan Skoll was great but hard to see where they go with that from here. Seems obvious the Purgills will come into play again next season. It will be interesting to see if Ezra becomes the focal point Jedi of at least the D+ universe. Be interesting to see what announcements we get in the next few months. Very much an "I really liked this until I didn't" kind of series.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2023, 12:29:16 PM »
Some funnies for Christmas time, courtesy of The Onion.

https://www.theonion.com/disney-debuts-new-star-wars-show-about-yoda-battling-1850945929?utm_source=TheOnion_Daily_RSS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2023-12-21

Disney+ Debuts New ‘Star Wars’ Show About Yoda Battling Testicular Cancer
Published7 hours ago

Image for article titled Disney+ Debuts New ‘Star Wars’ Show About Yoda Battling Testicular Cancer

BURBANK, CA—Calling the series a grueling but ultimately hopeful addition to the sci-fi universe, streaming service Disney+ debuted Dagobah Diaries this week, a show about Yoda’s battle against testicular cancer. “Having squared off against the Sith and Count Dooku’s insidious forces, Yoda starts battling his toughest foe yet when he finds a lump on his right testicle,” Disney CEO Bob Iger said of the miniseries, which follows the Jedi master’s struggle to contend with mounting hospital bills and fears of infertility in what the executive called a “raw, unvarnished space opera,” observing that it provides a glimpse at the heartache that comes from vying with testicular cancer “in a galaxy far, far away.” “Initially, he does his own research and attempts to treat himself using midi-chlorian therapy he found on the internet. But eventually, in a tear-filled scene sure to break the hearts of some fans, he’s convinced by his long-term girlfriend that it’s time to take things seriously and get his cancerous testicle removed by a lightsaber-wielding doctor. Since this takes place immediately after the Jedi Order has fallen, though, Yoda has lost his health insurance. So it’s unfortunately difficult for him to get treatment. That’s really where the second act of the season kicks in.” At press time, fans had praised the series for a Mark Hamill cameo in which Yoda is deftly depicted advising a middle-aged Luke to get his prostate checked.

feedback